Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think he has ever lost in the first round of a slam. He is good on all surfaces. Grass takes some adapting but Todd said on the telecast that he expects him to be a a very good grass court player as he has all the shots needed for that surface already. Just needs to learn and play more.

Nick
Berretini

Sinner
Tiafoe

Not sure about that and it’s purely going off the eye test so far back and relies so much on timing. You may be right and it comes but I have my doubts. No doubt on the clay and especially the US (this surface is his most natural well it looks that way)

Amazing to think we will have a guaranteed new Slam winner at the end of this tournament.

Considering there's been only 5 other winners outside of the big 3 in the last decade is massive.

Ajla is doing a good job so far :)
I'm watching the US Open, as I do most other international major sport events on 'other channels' and the US commentators are all suddenly rooting for Ajla (naturally after Pegula and Gauff) talking up her chances to win the womens title - which I found a bit odd, until the wife casually says, 'but she beat Serena didn't she and therefore'.... And I'm like.... 'therefore what..?'
'Well if Tomljanovic wins the US Open, the media byline will be that Serena's career was ended by the eventual champion..!'

Last edited:
Anyone ever won the same singles and doubles Grand Slam event in the same year? Imagine that...

In the same tournament. A lot on the womens side

The telecast just said Yevgeny Kafelnikov was the last player who had done it in the same tournament in the mens. 1996 French Open.

In the same tournament. A lot on the womens side

The telecast just said Yevgeny Kafelnikov was the last player who had done it in the same tournament in the mens. 1996 French Open.
Yeh I can see it being more common on the women's side. Fatigue less of a factor I reckon on the singles event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back