Grand Slam US Open 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

6 Australians qualifying, I do not remember that happening in my lifetime.

I'm looking forward to watching Li Tu have the time of his life playing Alcaraz on hopefully Ashe.

De minaur will do his usual 2nd or 3rd round flop at the US, doesnt seem to cope very well in the US.

Going to be hard to judge given he hasn't played a singles match since that injury and he's got a tough opponent in Giron. Apparently 90-100% fit is his feeling so this might be a tough ask for him.

Why so many Aussies scheduled on first or second USTA? Let's go Kokkinankis/Tsitipas for an example, what the **** is that doing on 11am local time let alone 1am here...

Just done my brackets, got Carlos and Sablenka as my predictions. found it tough to predict some upsets so I already know my draws are stuffed, we'lls ee what's going on.

Just a reminder for everyone that coverage will be on 9Go! this time around instead of 9Gem due to the Paralympics. And every court on Stan, the coverage is fantastic.

Last edited:
He made the quarters in 2021(?)

I think the US is his best actually. The lack of match-play will probably be an issue

2020, covid year. Got his arse kicked by Thiem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really much of note this morning apart from the solid Aussie results. Popryin, Joint, Rinky & Alja all getting wins. Even Walton who lost in 4 this morning gave away some chances. Birrell lost to Vekic.

Joint is an interesting one, she was American born with an Australian father whos witched nationalities a couple of years ago to Aussie. her rise this year has been incredible, meant to go play college tennis after this so we'll see. She has got some firepower for her size and can change direction really well.

Tough win for Rinky, more impressive given the 4th round he's defending here.

Hon is another Aussie qualifier should get spanked by Sablenka soon on Armstrong but good expreience none the less.

Dan Evans just upset Khachanov in the longest US Open match ever (5h 36m)... wow.

Not just that, but he was down 0-4 in the last set and won the last 6 games.

It's been looking like his days on the ATP tour were numbered.

Kokkinakis beats Tsitsipas in 4
Schoolkate through to Rd 2 after a 5 setter with Daniel
Thompson with an easy 3 set win

Some great results for the Aussies so far
Schoolkate ended up winning? That’s fantastic news.

Schoolkate
Kokkinakis
O’Connell
Purcell
Popyrin
Thompson

All through to Second round. That’s really positive for Australia Tennis

Yeah, pretty amazing day. even Duckworth was a break up int he 3rd set before losing in 4.

Pleased with Alex's performance. Again, not expecting much but a win is a win.

Probably should mention Aiava's performance, had multiple set points against Rybakina before losing in a tiebreak. Didn't do much wrong apparently.

O’Connell, De Minaur, Purcell all through.

Best news of all, Tsitsipas gone. Hopefully out of the top 20.
Kokkinakis played very very well
Tsitsipas record at the US Open is ugly, so he is not going to lose many points.

its
R2-R1-R3-R3-R1-R2 and now R1. It must be the vibe of the city or something.

Yeah, pretty amazing day. even Duckworth was a break up int he 3rd set before losing in 4.

Pleased with Alex's performance. Again, not expecting much but a win is a win.

Probably should mention Aiava's performance, had multiple set points against Rybakina before losing in a tiebreak. Didn't do much wrong apparently.
It's been an excellent US Swing, considering ADM missed all of it.

To think an Aussie would win a Masters

Evans played in the Olympics with Murray over defending a title.

on the other hand, Emma Raducanu lost in the first round.

(Yes, that's a bit mean)

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam US Open 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back