Grand Slam US Open 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

To a degree but he’s been putrid since Wimbledon looks cooked to say the least. Weirdly this gives him a week off that he needs.
And what is the week off in prep for? There’s a few masters left and WTF, but the slams are in the books for 2024.

2/4, he absolutely takes that, brilliant season, but I think anything else from this point onwards isn’t as valuable. A week off to rest for nothing.

Depends on Alex's fitness and whether his body is going to keep holding up to that 5 set tennis. Under normal circumstances, this would be a huge opportunity. Looking at the quarter there's probably no point trying to predict who it'll be as it will probably be someone else

And what is the week off in prep for? There’s a few masters left and WTF, but the slams are in the books for 2024.

2/4, he absolutely takes that, brilliant season, but I think anything else from this point onwards isn’t as valuable. A week off to rest for nothing.

Needs to learn from this horrid schedule the Olympics didn’t help though I’ll give him a small out there. Needs to cut back some clay events badly otherwise his body won’t last

He’s very well known to burn out and have little lapses, even at his age.
He has done this before. Don’t think US Open suits his mission to be World Number 1 at the end of every year.

Didn’t help with Olympics. Very hard on himself losing it, Djokovic was incredible. Always got LA, and he should be at the peak of his powers

Gee, Thompson and De Minaur have every chance. Very nice draw

Pity for Popyrin and O’Connell on the other side of the draw.
Popyrin v Djokovic whilst OConnell has Sinner.
I think Popyrin can beat Djokovic. Looking forward to that match up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Novak is so flat. Zero spark at all.

And plus he can’t serve. I read pre-tournament he cancelled a practice I think because of his back. Maybe that’s why his serve is so bad.

But he looks done. And yes I know we’ve been down this road so many times, but every now and then it does result in a loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam US Open 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back