Grand Slam US Open 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to lose Alex seems off his game so many errors and been serving like crap

Draper is a very good player with massive shots something ADM doesnā€™t have really heā€™s solid for sure but having few weapons is an issue

Courier said that there was no energy or zip from Alex when he was training/practising said it was very subdued seems he's carried it into the match.

Said it before and Iā€™ll say it again to win Slams (and thatā€™s the goal), you have to have genuine weapons. Trying hard, competing what not isnā€™t a weapon all the top echelon of players have that. Iā€™ve said for a while needs a coach change where he almost has to go backwards to go forwards meaning hit more winners if you miss so be it. You wonā€™t win slams being Hewitt clones nowadays

A David Ferrer like career is prob the ceiling for De Minaur which is still decent and he will make a boatload of money. Doesnt have the serve or power to challenge the slam winners. Whoever wins this match has no chance against Sinner/Meddy

Said it before and Iā€™ll say it again to win Slams (and thatā€™s the goal), you have to have genuine weapons. Trying hard, competing what not isnā€™t a weapon all the top echelon of players have that. Iā€™ve said for a while needs a coach change where he almost has to go backwards to go forwards meaning hit more winners if you miss so be it. You wonā€™t win slams being Hewitt clones nowadays
True. he's done amazing to reach top 10 and get to qrts in slam but I feel like that's his ceiling

We need an Alcraz or Barty to come through players who are freaks and have lots of weapons

A David Ferrer like career is prob the ceiling for De Minaur which is still decent and will make a boatload of money. Doesnt have the serve or power to challenge the slam winners. Whoever wins this match has no chance against Sinner/Meddy

Draper has a chance he has the game at least. Not saying he will win but I wouldnā€™t say he has no chance.

Draper has a chance he has the game at least. Not saying he will win but I wouldnā€™t say he has no chance.

Yeah he has the weapons but I dont think hes mentally ready. Id say like 5% chance. If he proves me wrong then congrats to him.

True. he's done amazing to reach top 10 and get to qrts in slam but I feel like that's his ceiling

We need an Alcraz or Barty to come through players who are freaks and have lots of weapons

Good luck with that one, without money in development Australia rely on a LOT of luck. Feel he lucked out this draw but then ridiculously dropped a set and spent an extra hour and a half on court last round and thatā€™s his issue needs weapons so heā€™s not cooked by round 4 onwards.

Yeah he has the weapons but I dont think hes mentally ready. Id say like 5% chance. If he proves me wrong then congrats to him.

Sinner or Med are rightfully fave but Iā€™d back Draper to win 1-2 sets

As long as Tiafoe doesnā€™t win please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck with that one, without money in development Australia rely on a LOT of luck. Feel he lucked out this draw but then ridiculously dropped a set and spent an extra hour and a half on court last round and thatā€™s his issue needs weapons so heā€™s not cooked by round 4 onwards.
If we cant develop then import some

Reckon his hip has flared up didnt even go for that last shot

Thatā€™s what happens when you spend countless hours on court against blokes like his last round

Haha I was thinking more like juniors.

Without the coaching itā€™s worthless and Europe and the US pump millions into that we donā€™t. These massive tennis academies in Europe have been crucial in the exponential growth in tennis in these areas

Ah **** off, he clearly wasnā€™t 100%. You only pop around when loses to say the same shit over again.

Good effort from Alex to make the quarters given the hard court swing. Get your body right as Turin is reachable

Quarter final was a great effort for Alex. Draper is in scintillating form, hasn't dropped a set all the way to the semis. Would be very cool if he could challenge sinner or Medvedev in the semi and I think he is a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam US Open 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back