Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

These are the games that I want to see the most and fit into my Schedule
Apr 3 NHL Peguins vs Rangers @ MSG
Apr 4 MLB Sox vs Yankees @ Yankee Stadium
Apr 5 NBA Bucks vs Knicks @ MSG
Apr 9 MLB Rockies vs Giants @ AT&T
Apr 14 NBA Spurs vs Lakers @ Staples

Very nice selection of teams and sports.

Stubhub is good, very reliable and safe. However, as I said you can use the teams Ticket exchange program via their own website and that is safe as well and offered otherwise seat already sold.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/Inventory...quare-Garden-in-New-York-4-3-2013?PID=1297794

vs

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004A2D85782571?artistid=805991&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

vs

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-rangers-tickets/rangers-vs-penguins-4-3-2013-4121410/

Yeah, we did the VIP tour as well. Saying that, It was only a VIP tour by default as the only other tour (deluxe tour) was like $250.00 and I didn't see any point in paying that.

However, what rides? we only did the studio tour and the Harry Potter exhibition. Plus we saw Jim Carey drive in and Leonard from the Big Bang have a smoke.

Sorry i was talking about the VIP for Universal studios when i was talking about the line skipping.

We also did the VIP you did for the Warner Brothers studio but we didn't get to see any one famous :(

If you wish to be like Lance and cheat the system, a useless piece of information to get you through customs and immigrations a bit quicker, have someone you are travelling with request the airport provide you will a wheelchair.

The positive, you are one of the first person to board your plane as you need that extra time, someone will push you and you will bypass all the lines - including customs and immigration. Saves you like an hour or more if it's busy.

My wife and I went to the states last year and took her mother who needs a wheelchair. We were in and out of customs (both in the states and coming home) and immigration within 15 minutes

The downside to this, you are one of the last people off the plane.

Anyone ever have a bad experience on Stubhub? Is receiving tickets by instant download or email where most problems could arise?
I went to a Lakers game in November and we had an extra who came but she didn't have a ticket. We were going to try and get her a ticket from a scalper around the Staples Center but I overheard a ticket lady talking to some people who got scammed so we nixed that idea. We went on StubHub about an hour before the game, on a mobile phone and booked a ticket, went to a nearby hotel (the Ramada or something) and got it printed out 15 minutes later and were in the door well before tip-off.

I'm not saying it will work that well every time, but it can be done.

Booked all my tickets online with Ticket Master and need to pick them up from the ticket collection place at each arena

Anybody done this before is it easy process are the lines long are they easy to find ?

Booked all my tickets online with Ticket Master and need to pick them up from the ticket collection place at each arena

Anybody done this before is it easy process are the lines long are they easy to find ?

Most of them will have a ticket outlet open during the day so if you have the time you can pick them up whenever you want. Not sure how long it would take if you get there an hour before the game starts.
They are very easy to find.

I used Stub Hub most the time with instant print. But in Chicago had pick up at stub hub agent that was about 1 mile from the united centre and had a 3 hour window to pick up.

With Ticketmaster I did will-call for candlestick park and that to had a 3 hour before game time window for pick up.

Where I couldn't get either printable tickets or pick up I used Razorgator as they delivered to Australia using Fed-ex and delivery only took 3 or 4 days.

Was thinking today.
Not that it may be everyone's thing. But I'd like to keep a ticket stub from every game I attend. To look back and say I was there and have a momento.
So the whole printable thing is a bit meh to me. That said ill know I have to do. BuT ill find some games where I can get tickets.

Was thinking today.
Not that it may be everyone's thing. But I'd like to keep a ticket stub from every game I attend. To look back and say I was there and have a momento.
So the whole printable thing is a bit meh to me. That said ill know I have to do. BuT ill find some games where I can get tickets.

im the same. i just keep the print out:cool:

i was under the impression that non-us users on stubhub could only go for the printable options. have they changed that since i last looked (almost 2 years go)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think on stubhub they give the ways that the ticket can be delivered and some of them are only delivered electronically (ie print it yourself).

The Ticketmaster Will Call option differs from place to place. I was in Milwaukee to see the Bucks play and I picked up my ticket during the day (hours before the game) and they didn't even check my ID or nothing, just my credit card I used to buy the ticket with. But in LA at the Staples Center they only release the tickets 2 hours before the game and you need your ID. I had Clippers tickets and then Lakers tickets for two nights later and they said I couldn't pick them up at the same time. Was a little bit weird as it was different in Milwauke and Chicago.

A bit of help from the global traveller if you can...

My wife and I did LA, Vegas, Hawaii, San Diego and San Francisco over the past 2 years and now we are looking at something different.

My wife wants us to do London and parts of Europe next year but I'm positioning for us to stay in the USA and do the east coast with a trip to New York, Boston, Washington DC and hopefully down to Florida.

We have a budget of about $15-17,000 for flights, hotel and different day to day travel needs outside of spending money. We have 3 weeks leaving Boxing Day. Should I stick to my gun and demand we finish the US or accept that the UK and Europe wouldn't be such a bad idea and look at that part of the world.

What is better?

My wife and I did LA, Vegas, Hawaii, San Diego and San Francisco over the past 2 years and now we are looking at something different.

My wife wants us to do London and parts of Europe next year but I'm positioning for us to stay in the USA and do the east coast with a trip to New York, Boston, Washington DC and hopefully down to Florida.

We have a budget of about $15-17,000 for flights, hotel and different day to day travel needs outside of spending money. We have 3 weeks leaving Boxing Day. Should I stick to my gun and demand we finish the US or accept that the UK and Europe wouldn't be such a bad idea and look at that part of the world.

What is better?

^^^^ We did discuss getting a round the world ticket and spending 12 days in each continent but haven't looked at that in any depth yet.

^^^^ We did discuss getting a round the world ticket and spending 12 days in each continent but haven't looked at that in any depth yet.

Maybe do the East coast and start from Florida then make your way up to Boston then from Boston go back to NY and fly from there to UK. Its only a bout 6 1/2- 7 hour flight.

Have you been to Europe before? If not it might be worth checking out as there is a hell of a lot of stuff to see in Europe and it sounds like you have been to the US before.

Maybe do the East coast and start from Florida then make your way up to Boston then from Boston go back to NY and fly from there to UK. Its only a bout 6 1/2- 7 hour flight.

This sounds like a plan and something we may look at but in reverse if we can gain an international flight out of Orlando or Miami to London. Then fly our of Paris or Amsterdam towards Dubai and home to Adelaide. From my understanding, a 'Round the world' ticket can be used if you continue to go in one direction. You can not go back and forth between cities or continent.

Have you been to Europe before? If not it might be worth checking out as there is a hell of a lot of stuff to see in Europe and it sounds like you have been to the US before.[/quote]

No, never done Europe before. Basically we have done a small part of Asia (KL, China, Fiji) and all of the West Coast (From Vancouver to San Diego via Vegas) of North America and now looking at doing the East coast and then if I can get my way, Europe after that.

This sounds like a plan and something we may look at but in reverse if we can gain an international flight out of Orlando or Miami to London. Then fly our of Paris or Amsterdam towards Dubai and home to Adelaide. From my understanding, a 'Round the world' ticket can be used if you continue to go in one direction. You can not go back and forth between cities or continent.

Have you been to Europe before? If not it might be worth checking out as there is a hell of a lot of stuff to see in Europe and it sounds like you have been to the US before.

No, never done Europe before. Basically we have done a small part of Asia (KL, China, Fiji) and all of the West Coast (From Vancouver to San Diego via Vegas) of North America and now looking at doing the East coast and then if I can get my way, Europe after that.[/quote]

Yeah i have been to Europe and loved it trust me its worth it!

The places i went too - Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium,France,Austria & Germany. Must say the best place i went to was Germany and then probably Italy.

We went for 6-7 weeks and that was not enough , we used a eurail pass ( train ticket) to get from everywhere which was awesome as we got 1st class.

Cheers for the feedback, we still have a few weeks until we have to make a decision. We will be leaving boxing day (Christmas night if it's a direct flight from Adelaide to London with Emirates) as international flights don't go on sale until 10 months before departure.

Cheers for the feedback, we still have a few weeks until we have to make a decision. We will be leaving boxing day (Christmas night if it's a direct flight from Adelaide to London with Emirates) as international flights don't go on sale until 10 months before departure.

We flew with Emirates too i rate them they are a very good airline too.

We flew with Emirates too i rate them they are a very good airline too.

Yeah, have head good things about them.

We (my wife and I) had to fly to Seattle for a death in the family just before Christmas and for a last minute flight, the cheapest flight we could get was with Air Pacific via Fiji. Bloody hell, that was much cheaper than V Australia and Qantas but the service was a disgrace. Entertainment system didn't work, food was shizzen (they served a mini hot dog and a packet a potato chips as lunch and some ham and cheese roll and some other shit for dinner).

If you ever make the decision to fly Air Pacific, change your mind. They are a 1980's Qantas jumbo with a modem day fit. 4 out of 10.

What is better?

Do the US east coast

I did DC- Philly - NY - Boston (then flew to Buffalo)all by amtrack train last May.Paid for first class from NY-Boston (a 4 hour trip which was one of the highlights of my whole 3 months in the US. The scenery was amazing)

Boston was my fave city in the US(just beating out Chicago and OKC) just a beautiful city, so much to see history and sport wise,NY is NY but Philly was a real eye opener it was a real gritty city which had soul.I loved it there.It really had character.ended up staying there for 3 nights at this place right in the city

http://www.loewshotels.com/Philadelphia-Hotel

DC obviously has all the monuments(the best way to see them is a tour at night),museums etc ,and I even got a tour of the pentagon(write to the Australian embassy and ask them for tickets)

I will be in Philly for a couple of days in March and advice of what to do and see would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do the US east coast

I did DC- Philly - NY - Boston (then flew to Buffalo)all by amtrack train last May.Paid for first class from NY-Boston (a 4 hour trip which was one of the highlights of my whole 3 months in the US. The scenery was amazing)

Boston was my fave city in the US(just beating out Chicago and OKC) just a beautiful city, so much to see history and sport wise,NY is NY but Philly was a real eye opener it was a real gritty city which had soul.I loved it there.It really had character.ended up staying there for 3 nights at this place right in the city

http://www.loewshotels.com/Philadelphia-Hotel

DC obviously has all the monuments(the best way to see them is a tour at night),museums etc ,and I even got a tour of the pentagon(write to the Australian embassy and ask them for tickets)

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back