Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Stub hub will have tickets day of games cheaply wherever there's a game on but getting 4 tickets together is a risk so best to buy in advance if you have specific games you want to go to.

We got Brooklyn Nets tickets for $6 4 hours before tip off in 2017 for example. Short train ride to their arena if you want to go to a cheaper game

They rave about MSG but ultimately it's just another arena. Unless you do a tour for the history side of it all, I didn't find it any different to the others. You'd get cheap tickets for Pelicans and Magic if the schedule lines up, just keep an eye out while you're there. Knicks tickets were the most expensive, we paid $90USD for 3rd tier seats and they're alot better now

Heaps of people sell tickets outside arenas but I didn't go that route to buy
Rangers at MSG is a great vibe and the place is truely spectacular, highly recommend if you can get there.

Try get a seat at the bottom of the 2nd deck, you want to be able to see the ceiling.

Rangers at MSG is a great vibe and the place is truely spectacular, highly recommend if you can get there.

Try get a seat at the bottom of the 2nd deck, you want to be able to see the ceiling.
I went to a Rangers game at home then by coincidence an away game in LA so saw them twice. The home game was much better than the game at Staples

I follow the NBA religiously and found NHL a better spectator sport. It was awesome live (and not watched a minute on TV since coming home)

For our Superbowl trip next year, me and my mate are arguing Nashville Vs Austin/Texas.
The plan is to drive from Vegas to one or the other.
Anyone done the drive? Any opinions on Nashville vs Texas?
I'm keen on the Texas BBQ

How long are you looking at staying in Austin or Nashville?

Been to both several times. You will find elite BBQ in Nashville.

Nashville is just getting biggger and bigger. Bachelorette party capital of USA. Taken over from Vegas. I was there in May and Broadway is busy on Monday and Tuesday nights now. Weekends is next level.

How long are you looking at staying in Austin or Nashville?

Been to both several times. You will find elite BBQ in Nashville.

Nashville is just getting biggger and bigger. Bachelorette party capital of USA. Taken over from Vegas. I was there in May and Broadway is busy on Monday and Tuesday nights now. Weekends is next level.
2-3 nights. Depends on the drive. We may stay an extra night somewhere along the way.

If your after cheaper sport merch and are in California or Hawaii ( not sure they are elsewhere ) check out Ross's .

Someone recommended it to us . It is a bit hit and miss but you can get some absolute gems .

NFL/NBA/MLB and even college gear . It is generally last season gear but New Era caps for $8-12 , player tees $15 , general team $12-15.

If your after cheaper sport merch and are in California or Hawaii ( not sure they are elsewhere ) check out Ross's .

Someone recommended it to us . It is a bit hit and miss but you can get some absolute gems .

NFL/NBA/MLB and even college gear . It is generally last season gear but New Era caps for $8-12 , player tees $15 , general team $12-15.

I am for sure. You got any more info? Quick google and nothing popped up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st trip (5 weeks 2018) was LA, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, DC, Philly, NY then a week with my Aunt and Uncle in NJ for free

2nd trip (10 weeks last year) LA, Vegas, Denver, Chicago, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, DC, Philly, NY, Boston, Springfield, Syracuse, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Atlantic City then 2 weeks at my Aunt and Uncles in NJ for free

Feb 2026 for 6 weeks will be Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbia, Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Norfolk, Richmond, DC, NYC then another free 1 week stay at my Aunt and Uncles in NJ

1st trip (5 weeks 2018) was LA, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, DC, Philly, NY then a week with my Aunt and Uncle in NJ for free

2nd trip (10 weeks last year) LA, Vegas, Denver, Chicago, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, DC, Philly, NY, Boston, Springfield, Syracuse, Cleveland, Cincinatti, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Atlantic City then 2 weeks at my Aunt and Uncles in NJ for free

Feb 2026 for 6 weeks will be Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbia, Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Norfolk, Richmond, DC, NYC then another free 1 week stay at my Aunt and Uncles in NJ

Nashville and Chicago recommendations?

What do you have against Texas?

Nashville and Chicago recommendations?

What do you have against Texas?

I'd love to do the desert and West Coast but that requires a lot of plane hopping or long drives and i have no family there seeing i travel solo

My aunt and uncle live in NJ, I have one cousin in DC and one in eastern Pennsylvania = saves a fortune

I love Nashville - and I'm not a great fan of country music but all those C&W places are great - I saw the Musicians HOF last time and not the Country Music HOF.... at night walk down the main street every bar will be playing different music - just keep walking until you find something you like. The distillery tours are good to if that's your thing

Chicago is great - just avoid the South side. the Loop downtown, Millenium Park, Lake Michigan, the Navy Pier are musts

Mind you my first trip was November/December - it was cold and snowy but I got to experience Thanksgiving
My second trip was May/June/July so got to experience summer, Memorial Day and US Father's Day and July 4th

1728092363072.png 1728092376915.png 1728092392450.png 1728092432276.png
1728092454262.png 1728092468011.png 1728092486453.png 1728092509297.png 1728092531834.png 1728092552913.png 1728092576763.png 1728092607907.png 1728092629085.png

Last edited:
I'd love to do the desert and West Coast but that requires a lot of plane hopping or long drives and i have no family there seeing i travel solo

My aunt and uncle live in NJ, I have one cousin in DC and one in eastern Pennsylvania = saves a fortune

I love Nashville - and I'm not a great fan of country music but all those C&W places are great - I saw the Musicians HOF last time and not the Country Music HOF.... at night walk down the main street every bar will be playing different music - just keep walking until you find something you like. The distillery tours are good to if that's your thing

Chicago is great - just avoid the South side. the Loop downtown, Millenium Park, Lake Michigan, the Navy Pier are musts

Mind you my first trip was November/December - it was cold and snowty but I got to experience Thanksgiving
My second trip was May/June/July so got to experience summer, Memorial Day and US Father's Day and July 4th

View attachment 2132362View attachment 2132363View attachment 2132365View attachment 2132366
View attachment 2132368View attachment 2132370View attachment 2132373View attachment 2132374View attachment 2132375View attachment 2132376View attachment 2132378View attachment 2132379View attachment 2132380
Looks like you had a good time .

Some of those cities are underrated to us Aussies it seems.

Mind you my first trip was November/December - it was cold and snowy but I got to experience Thanksgiving

View attachment 2132362View attachment 2132363View attachment 2132365View attachment 2132366
View attachment 2132368View attachment 2132370View attachment 2132373View attachment 2132374View attachment 2132375View attachment 2132376View attachment 2132378View attachment 2132379View attachment 2132380

Awesome man. I can't wait for Nashville.

I was in Detroit for Thanksgiving last year myself.

Only was in Chicago for a day last year and loved it. Did the boat tour down the river and it was late November - genuinely coldest I'd ever been in my life and I was really rugged up. Defrosted at a pizza place as soon as the tour ended.
The Bean was fenced off for maintenance too!

Staying close to where I stayed last time, top of the loop, just across the bridge from River North where I'm keen to get stuck into a few bars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back