Half Backs: Steven Baker / Sam Fisher / James Gwilt
Centreline: Brendon Goddard / Nick Dal Santo / Farren Ray
Half Forwards: Andrew McQualter / Justin Koschitzke / Leigh Montagna
Forwards: Brett Peake / Nick Riewoldt / Stephen Milne
Followers: Michael Gardiner / Lenny Hayes / Clint Jones
Interchange: Ben McEvoy / Zac Dawson / Adam Schneider / Jarryn Geary
Emergencies: Rob Eddy / Sean Dempster / David Armitage

In: S.Milne, A.Schneider, S.Baker
Out: S.Dempster (Omitted), D.Armitage (Omitted), L.Miles (Omitted)

And Geelong:

IN Selwood, Enright, J Hunt.
OUT Menzel, T Hunt, Hogan.

B: Andrew Mackie - Matthew Scarlett - Darren Milburn
HB: Corey Enright - Harry Taylor - James Kelly
C: Cameron Ling - Jimmy Bartel - Joel Corey
HF: Paul Chapman - Tom Hawkins - Mathew Stokes
F: Steve Johnson - Cameron Mooney - Travis Varcoe
Foll: Brad Ottens - Joel Selwood - Gary Ablett
Int : Tom Lonergan, Josh Hunt, David Wojcinski, Mark Blake
Emerg: Shannon Byrnes, Taylor Hunt, Simon Hogan

Teams as expected except for Byrnes. Thought Blake would make way personally.

Good to see Bakes back but sad to see Armo out. Also feel that if the night is wet, I'd rather Dempster personally over Dawson, but structure and all.

Pretty happy with that team, although I reckon we would have been better off with Armitage on the bench instead of Dawson or even Eddy or Dempster.

Don't know what's happened to Jack Steven either, thought he would have been a chance for this game or at least named as an emergency. Is he injured?

Bit surprised Geelong left out Byrnes.

Teams as expected except for Byrnes. Thought Blake would make way personally.

Good to see Bakes back but sad to see Armo out. Also feel that if the night is wet, I'd rather Dempster personally over Dawson, but structure and all.

I have no doubt both sides will make a change if it's wet.

Geelong

Out: Blake
In: Byrnes

Saints

Out: Dawson
In: Eddy.

The late rain change of Dawson to Dempster is very real, especially if the cats make blake to byrnes. Blake can Handle mooney, and I'ld back any of Dempster, Gwilt or McEvoy against the Tomahawk. Releases fish to run on chappy wherever he goes.

Pretty close to our best side, hope it's pretty close to our best performance

I was thinking that as well.

Best side for the year nearly?

Is McQualter really doing enough to keep his spot? Would have rathered Steven playing that forward flank role but he must be injured..two of stevens best games in the wet and big games..cant think of two good McQulater games..

Is McQualter really doing enough to keep his spot? Would have rathered Steven playing that forward flank role but he must be injured..two of stevens best games in the wet and big games..cant think of two good McQulater games..

Watch McQualter's game against Geelong earlier this year.

You'll be happy he's there.

Just off Herald Sun:

Backs: Jason Gram / Jason Blake / Sam Gilbert
Half Backs: Steven Baker / Sam Fisher / James Gwilt
Centreline: Brendon Goddard / Nick Dal Santo / Farren Ray
Half Forwards: Andrew McQualter / Justin Koschitzke / Leigh Montagna
Forwards: Brett Peake / Nick Riewoldt / Stephen Milne
Followers: Michael Gardiner / Lenny Hayes / Clint Jones
Interchange: Ben McEvoy / Zac Dawson / Adam Schneider / Jarryn Geary
Emergencies: Rob Eddy / Sean Dempster / David Armitage

In: S.Milne, A.Schneider, S.Baker
Out: S.Dempster (Omitted), D.Armitage (Omitted), L.Miles (Omitted)

I can't believe that Armo is out again and Mini is still in. Another in under player to free up Dal etc would be gold....what has he done to Ross and what is Mini doing for Ross

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good team, I like it a lot.

What about dropping Kosi if wet? Surely you cannot play all three of Gardiner, McEvoy and Kosi in the one team if the ground is really wet? Thoughts ?

What about dropping Kosi if wet? Surely you cannot play all three of Gardiner, McEvoy and Kosi in the one team if the ground is really wet? Thoughts ?
We had four big blokes last time we played them in the wet so there's no reason we can't do it again unless Geelong make a change.

Surprising to see Dawson in the team. The only reason I can think of is because it frees up Fisher and with no Rooke there's no real defensive forward in the Geelong team, probably because they're all too busy kicking goals but nonetheless.

Yea like the thought, but doubt Ross would as he has had loads of opportunities to do this but hasnt.

I have no doubt both sides will make a change if it's wet.

Geelong

Out: Blake
In: Byrnes

Saints

Out: Dawson
In: Eddy.

If it rains heavily it's more likely to be Byrnes for Lonergan, as a really wet game increases the likelihood of more stoppages which probably keeps Blake in.

Sorry to interrupt your board, I was just wondering people's thoughts on Dempster?

I thought he was one of your better players last week against Adelaide and was suprised to see him dropped given he's the only premiership player in your side...

All the best for the weekend. :thumbsu:

Sorry to interrupt your board, I was just wondering people's thoughts on Dempster?

I thought he was one of your better players last week against Adelaide and was suprised to see him dropped given he's the only premiership player in your side...

All the best for the weekend. :thumbsu:

Steven Baker....... Was more often then not playing his role whilst he was out and someone had to make way for him unfortunately.

Also Schneider is a premiership player :thumbsu:

there is no doubt in my mind there will be late changes from both sides (am hearing a big name out at Geelong too)

personally, i have never seen our back 6 opperate as well as it did that night against Geelong in Rd16. we didn't have Dawson and Gwilt gave Pods a footballing lesson, mind you the conditions weren't great but they are not expected to be good tonight either.

I'd like to see Dawson make way for Dempster or Eddy, i think Armo (as good as he is) is a bit of a liability with his knee not being 100% yet
we saw him struggle for a period in Adelaide with it, and full credit to him for getting back on the park, but he wasn't right after that....

there is no doubt in my mind there will be late changes from both sides (am hearing a big name out at Geelong too)

personally, i have never seen our back 6 opperate as well as it did that night against Geelong in Rd16. we didn't have Dawson and Gwilt gave Pods a footballing lesson, mind you the conditions weren't great but they are not expected to be good tonight either.

I'd like to see Dawson make way for Dempster or Eddy, i think Armo (as good as he is) is a bit of a liability with his knee not being 100% yet
we saw him struggle for a period in Adelaide with it, and full credit to him for getting back on the park, but he wasn't right after that....
Armo's knee is fine,he received a blow to the calf on the opposite leg which caused him some discomfort last week.
Going by past observations if there is to be a late change it mat be Eddy in fo whomever but unlikely unless the Baker selection is a ruse.

...am hearing a big name out at Geelong too...

please let it be Chapman !

or Ablett !

or Bartel !

or Selwood !

or Scarlett !

Oh, stuff it, it doesn't matter - even if one or even two of their superstars were out, they're still a fantastic team and we will have to be at our best to beat them.

One player will not make such a difference between us - heck, we beat them without Riewoldt a little over two months ago.

We can win !

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams V Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back