7 - Steely Green
11 - Kaleb Smith
16 - James Trezise
17 - Maurice Rioli Jr
24 - Ben Miller
26 - Jacob Bauer
29 - Seth Campbell
34 - Jacob Blight
36 - Pick 1 - it was good enough for the GOAT then it's good enough for our first pick.
38 - Campbell Gray

Leaves 41, 43, 44, 46, 48, 49 & 50 for the rest of the draftees.

Give them all a year to earn a better number. If they're as good as we hope, then the 7 vacant numbers can be theirs
I like all of that except Maurice in 17.
He should stay in 10
Campbell in 29 is a good call.

With the delisting as of Cumberland & Coulthard, the list of vacant numbers is at a level I have never seen before.

2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 16, 17, 24, 26, 29, 34, 38, 50.

Not sure many of the boys in high numbers have earned a lower number. Possibly Campbell & Le Flau. I’m sure a few will be rewarded though.

2 - a defender. Gaspar style
4 - a sneaky forward who can pinch hit in the middle a la matthew rogers
6 - goal sneak in the chris naish mould. If no one is capable, a nuggety midfielder mark chaffey type
8 - key forward. Disco Roach comes to mind.
9 - someone who has captaincy qualities like wayne campbell had
11 - screams utility and footy smarts but not blessed with speed or a crash bash game. think joel bowden
12 - tall. Either an underestimated defender or a blistering helter skelter forward cum wingman. M Richardson before he turned anti RFC
16 - not blessed with overall skill but gives his all. Luke McGuane, S Hampson
17 - Leadership. defensive role. Chris Newman
24 - If we draft a n in and under tough on baller who extracts like an exhaust fan. Come on down M Coughlan
26 - Somewhat of a meh number which is worn by anyone. Nahas-Anthony Miles to present
29 - Flashy goal kicking risk. Comb over optional.
34 - Key forward who plays any position asked due to his size and flexibility. Jeff Hogg.
50 - Whoever wears this debuts in the GF>

I think our captains wore 17 because of captain blood. Cotchin broke the tradition.
They did. I didn't like the idea that much and was very happy when Cotch broke with tradition.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the tradition only started with Kane Johnson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but not correct. Wayne Campbell wore 17 in 2004. It just didn't look right.
Ah, yes. I thought about that but didn't think it started with him.

He probably just wanted to wear Dyer's number and came up with the idea of starting a tradition of the captain wearing #17.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vacant guernsey numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back