VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get an invite to the poker Saturday night champ?

Regular slueth aren't you?

I'll be there, after starting at Como...then slipping down to Boss at 1/2 time to watch the Rovers demolish the panthers.

I think the Rovers will win by just 3 points. But victory will come only after a last-man standing affair. And this game could (and will) go a long way in deciding the finals chances of both teams come September. The way I see it, I think the game will be won or lost in the midfield-the engine room. If the Rovers can get the ball to Matthew Lawrence and his team-mates down on the forward line, then the Panthers are in for a hard time. It will also be interesting to see how the A-B umpires control this game compared to the umpires we usually see each week so far this year (due to A-C sections getting the week off because of Representative Football), and they may not be used to the standard of D1 football.

Use of a ? to illustrate the fact that i was asking a question.

I am so accurate in front of goals i sometimes don't bother writing good english.

This forum is heaps choice bro.

Looks to me like the BigFooty chiefs have deleted some of the posts that were on here. I was having quite a laugh how Urple and the OPs President(South of the Yarra) were going at each other. Somone must have got offended and laid a complaint.

Wonder which one of the 2 it was?

Us Parade boys were stiff against the "Bendovers" on Saturday!
If it wasn't for a few simple mistakes and some shocking umpiring decisions the game would have been ours. We must do something about the current state of umpiring in this league. What do you guys think?
No longer should a team get robbed of the 4 points because some nerd doesn't understand the game like we did over the weekend.

My sources say Anthony43 is a young Guy Martyn???

Could this be true??

I hear Guy is still talking about how Biggs bowled him round his legs in a dowling shield Semi Final.. Cant believe the ball hit the stumps can you believe it, it was like Shane Warne was bowling. Melbourne still blame u for losing them that game.. trying to hit biggsie out of the ground. tut tut.

Could this be true??

I hear Guy is still talking about how Biggs bowled him round his legs in a dowling shield Semi Final.. Cant believe the ball hit the stumps can you believe it, it was like Shane Warne was bowling. Melbourne still blame u for losing them that game.. trying to hit biggsie out of the ground. tut tut.

My my my Guy Martyn. Why why why Guy Martyn?

He had the chance to tell some Parade boys face to face the type of rubbish he has been sprouting off on Big Footy. But when confronted he backed off, 'Oh sorry boys, I was only joking it was just a bit of fun. I won't do it again'

South of the Yarra, I believe you are the president of Old Paradians FC. I suggest that you stop worrying what Urple and others are saying about your club on a footy forum and keep all interests focused on surviving in D1 this year.

South of the Yarra, I believe you are the president of Old Paradians FC. I suggest that you stop worrying what Urple and others are saying about your club on a footy forum and keep all interests focused on surviving in D1 this year.

Wouldn't it be a great outcome for all concerned with football if Therry were to win tomorrow?

It would make a lot of people happy on several fronts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could this be true??

Just a few things;

1. Get over this Biggsy bloke. Seroiusly who cares.
2. Bigfooty.com NOT bigcricket.com

Gee whiz!

Scribe: Are you the bloke who writes the D1 column in the record.

Just noticed the use of the word backflip again...

Yep - spot on Zamps. Off the 'Ants and onto the Rovers.

Oh and Solarium, I used to be a committed gymnast in my youth, hence the ease of the backflip. Only got an 8.725 from the Russian judge.

Enjoy the weather boys and good luck!!

Frase
:thumbsu:

The Quite Man's Tips

Mentone 15 Points

Bulleen Temp 35 points

Therry 22 points

Penninsula 8 points

Prahran 30 points

TQM

Word is from a source close to the panther camp that a second gamer L.Mitchell is a real talent, without Under 19 duties (becuase of the bye) and school commitments, it provides an opportunity to improve on his 23 possesion first game against OG in which they one by 3 points. The apparent crazy coach from mentone see's him as a pivitol player in moving forward up in to C grade in the next year or two. John (long John) thompson has needed to step up in the past few weeks due to the absence of anthony 'chicken' palmer and has done so with ease thompson loves the bigger opponent and looks forward to a challenge each week. Along with Thompson the mentone defence will be far to strong with C.Follett (after consolidating a spot in the senior team with blistering first half of the season) S.Fairbanks and M.Wilton who makes up in courage what he lacks in size. overall result mentone by 26 points. Should be a good contest though

Just a few things;

1. Get over this Biggsy bloke. Seroiusly who cares.
2. Bigfooty.com NOT bigcricket.com

Gee whiz!

We'll get over biggsy when his pray gets more than 5 possies in a game. Clearly the number one run with player in the league with strength,speed and endurance, but hurts the other way with his ability to 'run smart' against his more fancied opponents!

Wouldn't it be a great outcome for all concerned with football if Therry were to win tomorrow?

It would make a lot of people happy on several fronts!

What fronts?? I think there is more focus & interest on the top of the ladder than if Therry can win their first game.............invariably if you are so keen to see them win, you may have to keep waiting.........meanwhile Hampton just keep going from strength to strenth........I am tipping Round 18 to be fascinating - Hampton v Oakleigh, as I am tipping they will meet in the first week of the finals the following week.

From what I've seen, and later on read in the results on the VAFA website, the two teams to watch out for would be Hampton Rovers and Oakleigh. I think the Rovers have shown today, that they are a genuine premiership contender. This was the Rovers' biggest test of the year to date, and passed it very well indeed. Even more remarkable was the fact the Rovers didn't have 3 of their best players so far this year in the side. The Round 18 match between Hampton Rovers and Oakleigh could be well worth watching and it could be a possible preview of either the 2nd semi final or even the grand final, should both teams get that far. Keep an eye out too, for Old Geelong and Prahran, they could cause a few problems as well. By the way, when will the announcements be made re VAFA finals venues for D1?

a positive today at hampton is that the panthers were dominated but only lost by 25 points. With key 'spine' players to return..who knows? Hampton deserved to win

a positive today at hampton is that the panthers were dominated but only lost by 25 points. With key 'spine' players to return..who knows? Hampton deserved to win

Just for the record we had our best 2 onballers and my good self who is clearly in our best 6.

So that's 3 out of our best 6 and we didn't take our chances to bury you..

Mentone have a bit of regrouping to do I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back