VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Hampton Rovers-Bulleen Templestowe game was amazing, then the Old Paradians-Old Mentonians match (and the reports I'm reading regarding what happened in that game) tops that. I think we're going to hear more-a lot more about what happened in that game-over the coming days and weeks. I'm wondering regarding the incidents that took place at the Old Paradians-Old Mentonians game, would it be investigated by the VAFA? How bad was the incidents? And why was there no A & B grade umpires appointed to that game?

maybe they were umpiring A & B section matches? i dunno, just a guess

There should have been at least one A or B section umpire, like a Mark Gibson or a Wayne Hinton in control of that game along with the D1 or a Riddell Football League umpire, to make sure the game didn't get out of control completely (which it did). In my opinion, I think both clubs are to blame for what happened at the game. I reckoned, what the umpires should have done was to either a) to tell the timekeepers to extend the quarter time break, by an extra 2-5 mins, so that everyone gets a chance to calm down or b) ask the Old Paradians huddle to go to the other side of the ground, well away from the Panthers huddle, so that the incidents would not increase even further. I would not be surprised to see heavy fines/suspensions handed out from the Old Paradians-Old Mentonians game at the next investigations hearing on Tuesday night to both clubs.

There should have been at least one A or B section umpire, like a Mark Gibson or a Wayne Hinton in control of that game along with the D1 or a Riddell Football League umpire, to make sure the game didn't get out of control completely (which it did). In my opinion, I think both clubs are to blame for what happened at the game. I reckoned, what the umpires should have done was to either a) to tell the timekeepers to extend the quarter time break, by an extra 2-5 mins, so that everyone gets a chance to calm down or b) ask the Old Paradians huddle to go to the other side of the ground, well away from the Panthers huddle, so that the incidents would not increase even further. I would not be surprised to see heavy fines/suspensions handed out from the Old Paradians-Old Mentonians game at the next investigations hearing on Tuesday night to both clubs.

I would be surprised to see heavy fine/suspensions. The only thing that should be looked at was Youngs strike (which forced the OM's player to leave the ground with blurred vision). The incident (involving coaching staff) which happened at quarter time didnt get out of control...and the only other thing that is worth looking at is the little spot fires around the ground...which i dont think warrants any fines/suspensions

Parade just tried too rough up the younger OM's side...which any team would do considering the amount of younger players...i dont think they expected the same treatment back...Umpires did not help the situation.

I would be surprised to see heavy fine/suspensions. The only thing that should be looked at was Youngs strike (which forced the OM's player to leave the ground with blurred vision). The incident (involving coaching staff) which happened at quarter time didnt get out of control...and the only other thing that is worth looking at is the little spot fires around the ground...which i dont think warrants any fines/suspensions

Parade just tried too rough up the younger OM's side...which any team would do considering the amount of younger players...i dont think they expected the same treatment back...Umpires did not help the situation.

O'M's must be pretty young if they were the younger of the 2 sides, as the Parade side from 2 weeks ago (vs Oakleigh) was littered with blokes who played under 19's last year and the year before......not sure if this week was the same, but I heard someone say their average age was only 21 yrs old. Augers well in the future for both sides if they are both that young.

Don't you rate the ability of the current D1 umpires to control games of footy? :eek:

I was getting pretty excited Saturday about the 10/1 odds I was given about the raiders . Once again I have done my cash but the boys showed vast improvement against a very agressive ( coaches included) opposition!

Riaders well set up for a bright future.

teasa... teasa... teasa... GOAL!

Couldn't happen to a better bloke either. Absolute tosser that kept trying to incite blues all day long. Pity Teasa(or as we like to call him "Herschelle") just handballed their finals hopes away. Weak sucks like that don't deserve to be playing finals footy. Bunch of thugs half those blokes too.

Some of them are OK, although when it comes to the crunch, as we will see in the next month or so, they would probably get some stage-fright under the glare of finals action. The A-B umpires are better in handling volatile situations in home & away football (same with finals) and some of the D1 umpires may not be able to handle these things at all.

Couldn't happen to a better bloke either. Absolute tosser that kept trying to incite blues all day long. Pity Teasa(or as we like to call him "Herschelle") just handballed their finals hopes away. Weak sucks like that don't deserve to be playing finals footy. Bunch of thugs half those blokes too.

They're not all bad Flappers. I'd much rather have a beer with one of the Bulleen boys than have a drink with a Parade or Old M's clown.

What a strange post!

R u talking about A. Tehan (Number 6, Tall, Skinny, blondish hair)? BT Captain?

Wasn't at the game Mick, but Teasa is a very fair player. What did he do to "incite blues all day long"?

What else was done to call half the team a bunch of thugs?

What a strange post!

R u talking about A. Tehan (Number 6, Tall, Skinny, blondish hair)? BT Captain?

Wasn't at the game Mick, but Teasa is a very fair player. What did he do to "incite blues all day long"?

What else was done to call half the team a bunch of thugs?

Number 44 is the weakest dog I've ever seen. He ran up behind one of our young blokes about 100m off the play and got him an absolute belter(big right hook from behind) then kept running.

I was out injured and given the running duties HBP. Saw quite a bit of cheap stuff. Tehan was quite keen to work the sly ones and kept the unnecessary niggly crap going especially where umps were blind-sided at stoppages. Anyway, we're none too fussed. He got his come uppance.

As for you Holt, I'm not referring to the whole side, but in general it was pretty piss poor. Having the luxury of watching a lot more off the ball stuff, it's fair to say they're the dirtiest side I've seen this year. It may very well have been the occasion and it's importance, or even a way to throw our boys off their game, but too often there was cheap shots getting thrown around. That said, the better side won and that's all we care about. Just makes it sweeter when that crap goes on and the result is literally handed to you by one of the instigators in such humorous fashion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 44 is the weakest dog I've ever seen. He ran up behind one of our young blokes about 100m off the play and got him an absolute belter(big right hook from behind) then kept running.

I was out injured and given the running duties HBP. Saw quite a bit of cheap stuff. Tehan was quite keen to work the sly ones and kept the unnecessary niggly crap going especially where umps were blind-sided at stoppages. Anyway, we're none too fussed. He got his come uppance.

As for you Holt, I'm not referring to the whole side, but in general it was pretty piss poor. Having the luxury of watching a lot more off the ball stuff, it's fair to say they're the dirtiest side I've seen this year. It may very well have been the occasion and it's importance, or even a way to throw our boys off their game, but too often there was cheap shots getting thrown around. That said, the better side won and that's all we care about. Just makes it sweeter when that crap goes on and the result is literally handed to you by one of the instigators in such humorous fashion.

Mick,

I think you must be referring to a different game rather than played between Rovers and BT on the weekend just past. Played in good spirits I reckon given that finals spots were on the line.
Are you sure you weren't watching OMs v OPs by mistake?
Rovers wear Gold and Green. BT wear Blue and Yellow.

I was at the game doing the interchange, so I didn't see any violent incidents last week. I agree with Ulbrich and uglydermie, the game was played in good spirits and there was no trouble at all, not bad when you consider finals spots were on the line and a very good crowd was in attendance-who said that VAFA football is boring and unappealing?

thought the game was played with great spirit... if your complaining about niggling of the ball, then thats a defenders job!! teahan is one the best defenders in D1 without doubt and id say the whole comp would have to agree and have never seen him do a dirty thing in my time at the club...
the only stupid thing i saw all day was the tough guy behind the goals who walked on the ground after the game and starting having a crack at the BT players... made an idiot of himself and the hampton players around him were clearly embarissed and told him to shut his mouth..

Number 44 is the weakest dog I've ever seen. He ran up behind one of our young blokes about 100m off the play and got him an absolute belter(big right hook from behind) then kept running.quote]
Gotta laugh...was this not the same guy from Bulleen Temp who got reported a few years back for jumping the fence and starting a blue with some spectators?

As for Tehan, not a dirty bone in his body. You sure you got the right guy Mick????

And now that I've dared to speak, will be expecting a petulant, aggressive, vitriolic reply from "Half Back C***suck" any minute now......;)

Number 44 is the weakest dog I've ever seen. He ran up behind one of our young blokes about 100m off the play and got him an absolute belter(big right hook from behind) then kept running.quote]
Gotta laugh...was this not the same guy from Bulleen Temp who got reported a few years back for jumping the fence and starting a blue with some spectators?

As for Tehan, not a dirty bone in his body. You sure you got the right guy Mick????

And now that I've dared to speak, will be expecting a petulant, aggressive, vitriolic reply from "Half Back C***suck" any minute now......;)

was found not guilty...

U r entitled to your opinion....considering it's your favourite topic!!
Anyone would think you still have nightmares of lining up against BT in the mid 90's in B Grade....Chris Parris, Bomber James, Dean Matthews, Peter George, Skip Driver...etc

thought the game was played with great spirit... if your complaining about niggling of the ball, then thats a defenders job!! teahan is one the best defenders in D1 without doubt and id say the whole comp would have to agree and have never seen him do a dirty thing in my time at the club...
the only stupid thing i saw all day was the tough guy behind the goals who walked on the ground after the game and starting having a crack at the BT players... made an idiot of himself and the hampton players around him were clearly embarissed and told him to shut his mouth..

Teahan is a ****sucker!
He's a stupid jerk.

Not so much embarrassed as we just felt there was no need to carry on after the game had finished. He saw a player offer a handshake to our young fella(17 year old) and then use it as a tool to pull him in and belt him. Pretty low act, but stuff happens. It's all said and done now. Got bigger fish to fry next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back