VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course there will be standing room only at sandy beach oval, the grandstand only holds about 30 ppl. Jascave, you need to get a life, im thinking your becoming a VAFA Nerd!!! As for the D1 VAFA represenative for the finals, couldn't they off got a bigger ********??

"couldn't they off got a bigger *********?"

I think you need to work on your grammar little man.

Yes, but Old Mentonians might be concerned about Yarra Valley, because Yarra Valley will be treating this like a grand final to them, with relegation a very real possibilty should they lose to the Panthers. After all, thanks to the relegation system, upsets could sometimes be on the cards. You'll have teams that are threatened with relegation playing for their very survival in D1 (and other sections in the VAFA) treating EVERY game between now and Round 18 like an elimination final. In regards to the Hampton Rovers-Oakleigh game in Round 18, both teams may not go at 100km/h, knowing full well they might meet again later on. True, they might bash & crash each other in that game, but not at full bore, because both teams do not want to risk key players being injured or reported, with the finals starting a week later.

Parade for the double drop? I think I suggested that six months ago on here and was roundly criticised.

Can you believe they will be in D2?

OTL / Peter Hill, you just worry about your rabble at Brunswick st oval. Coach sacked on weekend, what next?? With games against carey & wellers to come, a return to d grade looks certain. That talk about going all the way A-grade seems a fair way off .

OTL / Peter Hill, you just worry about your rabble at Brunswick st oval. Coach sacked on weekend, what next?? With games against carey & wellers to come, a return to d grade looks certain. That talk about going all the way A-grade seems a fair way off .

Maybe so, but we wont be in D2!!!

Double drop for your boys!

In my 31 years of seeing VAFA footy, I can't remember a more tighter finish to D1 with the top 4 teams having a gap of 6 points between 1st and 4th. Which means any one of Old Mentonians, Oakleigh, Hampton Rovers and Prahran-yes Prahran- a realistic chance to get the double chance.

Here's the ladder for the top 4 as it stands after Round 15:

Old Mentonians 48
Oakleigh 46
Hampton Rovers 44
Prahran 42

How do you guys on the forum see the ladder for the top 4 after Round 18?

Pretty sure he wrote the top 4 sides you *******.

Last time i checked 2nd to 5th were the 2nd to 5th top sides.

You are Lando!!!

no need to be so aggressive. we all get the pic.

i rekkon that you can back prahran in to finish 4th. don't think they'll upset anyone else. hampton seemd to have improved a lot since round 6 tho saturday will be able to tell us a bit more. looking at the run home if hampton can beat us and prahran at toorak park then i'd say they'll finish above mentone and oakliegh. i think bullen might beat mentone at home next week and then hampton just have to beat oakliegh to get top spot off them.

even though i think bullen will win next week mentone are the team to beat still.

why everyone has got it in for parade. there a proud club and have a go.

That's why this D1 finals race is so tight, 3 clubs all have a chance of getting top spot-Old Mentonians, Oakleigh & Hampton Rovers. In fact, we won't know who'll play in the second semi at least until 4.45pm on August 25th. The first semi at least Prahran might be one of the teams that would play in the knock-out first semi final. The other team, as I said we won't know until 4.45pm August 25th.

Back in Ipswich, there were soccer finals and i drank beer by a fireplace and told stories. It was great.

HAHAHAHA. LAUGHING! Big Barb was surely due.

Jase. What about 4:45pm on August 25th? Most games are finished by then? Or could your prediction of teams on equal points and equal points for & against come to fruition, whereby we might have a penalty shoot out? Is this a forseeable possiblity given the close percentages of Parade and YV's. I think you could run a poll and propose what the logic resolution(s) could be to this dilemma the VAFA may very well face in Round 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are the percentage & points of teams in the top 4 and teams fighting to avoid relegation:

TOP 4

OLD MENTONIANS 132.22 48
OAKLEIGH 163.42 44
HAMPTON ROVERS 174.37 42
PRAHRAN 116.28 42

FIGHTING TO AVOID RELEGATION

YARRA VALLEY 74.50 16
OLD PARADIANS 58.94 16
THERRY PENOLA 43.38 0

So what do you think Jase? Hampton's 2's made up a game and 15% to snatch a spot in the 4 on the weekend. With 3 rounds to go there's a very real possibility that OP and YV could finish with the same %. Both sides winning their home games in the 2 encounters. What would the VAFA do to define who goes down?
And on the topic of HR's 2's pinching 4th spot. How interesting has the battle for 4th now become? HR & Prahran play each other next week in what could decide 4th spot. Though even if HR win they may have to rely on % to get in with Prahran to play Therry last round. It's all becoming rather tight and exciting now.

And of course we can't forget Oakleigh's 15 games streak at the moment. That's a huge effort Jase. In your 31 years of VAFA footy have you seen anything like it?

What are your thoughts?

For a senior team sitting in top spot,that surely is a record ?
Fitzroy Reds are sooking about using 51 senior players.

It'll be interesting from here on in to see what happens in regards to the relegation picture. I think Old Paradians would have to make up a huge percentage gap to level with Yarra Valley-at the moment Yarra Valley is 74.50%, Old Paradians 58.94%.So if it comes down to it I think it will be decided by perecentage. One thing for sure-you can be certain the the VAFA website would go into meltdown on the night of August 25th, because that's the night when the C-D4 results come through (as well as A-B, U19) and everyone would be going straight to the VAFA website to check and see if their club have either a) got the double chance, b) qualifies for the finals, c) avoided relegation. Interesting times ahead....

Their is only one thing from stopping us winning D1,as Phil Amore used to say if you have to worry about private school teams you are not much chop, OM's to be the entree before we smash Oakleigh,where is Phil Amore anyway,is he still in Ballarat with Spud's sisterlaw ?

cmon jascave, can you tell me how good the VAFA standard was 31 years ago? something tells me you weren't watching amateur footy from your pram!! who are rovers playing this week, might travel down for a look!

Hampton Rovers will be playing Old Geelong down at Boss James Reserve this Saturday. Then the next two weeks sees the Rovers play against sides that are in the finals-Prahran and Oakleigh.

Parade for the double drop? I think I suggested that six months ago on here and was roundly criticised.

Can you believe they will be in D2?
I predicted it as well overtheline, but I think they play pennisula again and didnt they defeat them last time, so all is not lost for the boys at the Garvey. The still may win a game and remain in D1.

I predicted it as well overtheline, but I think they play pennisula again and didnt they defeat them last time, so all is not lost for the boys at the Garvey. The still may win a game and remain in D1.

That was at Garvey old boy. After seeing Peninsula on the weekend, I'd be surprised if OP somehow found the cattle to get up in that one. Especially coming of a confidence booster with Therry this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back