VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben McGee is a shocker. I know one thing for sure.. Old Mentonians will go absolutely nowhere with him at the helm. Gee I'm glad we never considered him when he applied. He was a bit quite after the final siren wasn't he? Enjoy mad Monday.

Ben McGee is a shocker. I know one thing for sure.. Old Mentonians will go absolutely nowhere with him at the helm. Gee I'm glad we never considered him when he applied. He was a bit quite after the final siren wasn't he? Enjoy mad Monday.

Never like seeing a grown man cry, but seeing him do it was a moment to savour.

Not sure that they'll go nowhere, as he's done a respectable job, but they'll never gain complete respect with a muppet like him at the helm.

Scribe, seeing you've covered last year's C Section GF that ended up being decided by a point, what chance of the D1 GF becoming a thriller?

I've tipped Hampton by 14 points (with The Chief to kick the last 3 goals of the game). Oakleigh would be stiff not to win, as they've been super consistent all year, but your boys are on a massive roll, and momentum is always important in finals.

Should be a ripper.

Yes, but something inside me says that grand finals are an entirely different ball game compare to other finals. This Oakleigh side will not lie down and they'll come at the Rovers again and again. I reckon the weather is going to play a HUGE part in this game. Early forecasts for Saturday according to the weather forecasts is clearing showers, which would make life difficult for both teams. I think this would not be a high scoring game, with both defences playing a key role to the outcome. I also think this would be a fiery game too, and both umpires (whoever they are) needs to get on top of what could be a volatile situation. Expect to see lots of niggling and maybe an all-in brawl, considering what happened the last time these two teams met.

hampton to be too good. oakleigh wouldn't have liked what they saw on saturday.

Seeing Lee Fletcher burst through the middle, barge straight through 2 Mentone defenders and kick the goal from 50 would've sent a shiver down their spine, that's for sure.

i am led to believe that Mr Magee will be told tomorrow that his services are no longer required. Look for a former superstar goal kicker to take over in 2008.

Ugly u have been led in the wrong direction if thats the case...i would like to no your source...why would the coach change when he's got OM's to 3rd spot after a couple shithouse years....

because he had been pulled aside by the committee 8 weeks ago and told to pull his head in. seems he didn't take the advice as gospel.

Old Mentone is a plumb job for any bloke that wants to coach. Great facilities, good depth and great people around the place. It does not suprise me one bit that they have told this bloke to move on. I honestly believe OM should be shattered about not going up this year, not pleased about "finishing third after a few shithouse years". OM under Mcgee have UNDER achieved this year.

Next year will see the rise of a few clubs - and OM may rue not taking advantage of their chance to get out of D grade because this year was a lot easier than the past 2 - (Old Carey/ Rupo and Fitzroy/ Ormond would have smashed both GF 07 teams).

your source is wrong again...wow pretty reliable this bloke is....lets see if your right about tomorrow (mcgee gettin sacked) id almost eat a t-shirt if he was told to leave...but ey if your source says this then he must be on the money....bit old to be talkin shit on bigfooty arnt you?

Will be a crackin GF this weekend...hampton will smash oakleigh...clearly the best side in the comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rovers will get up on sat. easy. oakliegh will have this whole week top think about how good HR's form is while rovers are just ready to run all over their next opponent.

OM's blooded 11 u19's, 3rd spot, finals action, narrowly missing C grade, if you look at alot of ladder predictions many predicted OM's to be fighting relegation, they have not under achieved although they are not satisfied with the year

OM's blooded 11 u19's, 3rd spot, finals action, narrowly missing C grade, if you look at alot of ladder predictions many predicted OM's to be fighting relegation, they have not under achieved although they are not satisfied with the year

There you go Ugly.....

I'll say this before and I'll say it again: Don't underestimate Oakleigh. Remember, they are the reigining D2 Premiers, finished top of the ladder and deserved a week's rest. I still think it will be tight right until the final siren. This will be no blowout. Grand Final footy is totally different to footy played in other finals, because there's no second prize, no second chance, nothing after this game. It will be helter skelter, 100 miles an hour footy. The way I see it, (putting my footy expert cap here on and taking off the Rovers one) is that the Rovers haven't been really tested so far in this finals series, winning by 101 points in the first semi against Prahran, and then by 77 against Old Mentonians last week. Oakleigh on the other hand had to fight really hard to get over the line against Old Mentonians in the second semi. So this will be a very tight game, almost worthy of a draw.

Congratulations to Gareth Snow and Jon Rutter on dead-heating in a D1 B & F. Also congratulation to Daniel Andersen on coming third-well done junior!

because he had been pulled aside by the committee 8 weeks ago and told to pull his head in. seems he didn't take the advice as gospel.

Old Mentone is a plumb job for any bloke that wants to coach. Great facilities, good depth and great people around the place. It does not suprise me one bit that they have told this bloke to move on. I honestly believe OM should be shattered about not going up this year, not pleased about "finishing third after a few shithouse years". OM under Mcgee have UNDER achieved this year.

Next year will see the rise of a few clubs - and OM may rue not taking advantage of their chance to get out of D grade because this year was a lot easier than the past 2 - (Old Carey/ Rupo and Fitzroy/ Ormond would have smashed both GF 07 teams).

It's pretty difficult to compare teams from different years ugg boot, but after witnessing the Rovers on Saturday I'd suggest they wouldn't be getting "smashed" by any of those sides you mentioned.

If your mail on McGee is right I'll eat Milk Man's shirt too. Can't see it happening.

I did hear a rumour about a certain OM's ex-coach who's still got major sour grapes about getting the flick. Doubt he'll ever see this but if he does - grow up for ****'s sake and get over it...

It's pretty difficult to compare teams from different years ugg boot, but after witnessing the Rovers on Saturday I'd suggest they wouldn't be getting "smashed" by any of those sides you mentioned.
If your mail on McGee is right I'll eat Milk Man's shirt too. Can't see it happening.

I did hear a rumour about a certain OM's ex-coach who's still got major sour grapes about getting the flick. Doubt he'll ever see this but if he does - grow up for ****'s sake and get over it...

Would have to agree with Ugly on this one - Reds & Old Carey clearly stronger sides in their year than Hapmton. Not so sure about Ormond or Rupo though, think the Rovers would be equal to both of them all things considered

how can u say reds are a stronger team than Hampton when they have just been relegated back down to D1? surely they arnt that strong of a side!

Milk man - a home and away record of 12 and 6 is far from clearly the best side.

Gee the pitchforks are out now. Sounds like everyone's McGee hunting. Where can I sign up?
Would have to agree with ugly's comments about OM's. It's a plumb job. Not so sure they underachieved (1 point or a handful of seconds away from promotion), but they definitely have the cattle there for sustained success. You don't need a bloke like McGee bringing the unnecessary attention he has this year.
As much as they'll go into bat for their coach, I'm sure many of the players are sick of hearing about everyone's opinion of him. And it's not for them to have to answer for him. I personally believe it would be in the best interest of the club to seek out a more suitable replacement. Too many times his name has been put up to incidents throughout the year. Half time on Saturday and coming out of his coaches box to retaliate to a crowd inciting him should see the writing on the wall.

Well done to Snow & Rutter too. Both worthy winners from what they put up against our boys.

I actually hope Magee stays. Would be a good enough reason to get my lazy fat ass of the couch over summer and saddle up again.

Fair call re reds and relegation. They have lost a few players and from all accounts (c grade thread) have been hit by injuries.

You would expect them to be pretty strong next year. mmmmm another reason to play again!

then there is Prahran....yarra valley...kids......beer.....mates......FLAG........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back