VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milk man - a home and away record of 12 and 6 is far from clearly the best side.

Gee the pitchforks are out now. Sounds like everyone's McGee hunting. Where can I sign up?
Would have to agree with ugly's comments about OM's. It's a plumb job. Not so sure they underachieved (1 point or a handful of seconds away from promotion), but they definitely have the cattle there for sustained success. You don't need a bloke like McGee bringing the unnecessary attention he has this year.
As much as they'll go into bat for their coach, I'm sure many of the players are sick of hearing about everyone's opinion of him. And it's not for them to have to answer for him. I personally believe it would be in the best interest of the club to seek out a more suitable replacement. Too many times his name has been put up to incidents throughout the year. Half time on Saturday and coming out of his coaches box to retaliate to a crowd inciting him should see the writing on the wall.

Well done to Snow & Rutter too. Both worthy winners from what they put up against our boys.

A rumour doing rounds is that OM's have already had informal chats with a B grade and next year A grade player to player coach. Played in the rep team this year. Can anyone confirm from OM's.

how can u say reds are a stronger team than Hampton when they have just been relegated back down to D1? surely they arnt that strong of a side!

Was comparing the relative ability/performance etc of both sides whilst they played in D1. Thats is the point of this whole discussion (as futile as it may be trying to compare sides from different years).

Congratulations to Rutter and Snow on winning the D1 B+F. Both had great years. Well done also to Ash Drew in third who I found myself chasing too much over the past season:mad:. Arent people meant to slow down with age? uglyderm?

Congratulations to Rutter and Snow on winning the D1 B+F. Both had great years. Well done also to Ash Drew in third who I found myself chasing too much over the past season:mad:. Arent people meant to slow down with age? uglyderm?

I can't believe I only got 2 votes against you mules. I was the best player in D1 that day. The boys kept dishing it out to the deepest voice in Bayside, then I'd balance up the biggest head in Bayside and finish. Like Ferrars, when I get it, something happens. Thsick.

I can't believe I only got 2 votes against you mules. I was the best player in D1 that day. The boys kept dishing it out to the deepest voice in Bayside, then I'd balance up the biggest head in Bayside and finish. Like Ferrars, when I get it, something happens. Thsick.

Ferrari's a serial pest

you obviously dropped out in year 5 maths *******. 2 people came before drew, making him 3rd.

Depends which way you look at it mule!
You don't win a silver medal for coming third do you???
But in the olympics (the biggest sporting event) you get a silver medal even if 2 people have beaten you (a tie) dont you???
1 question, who came second????

You can argue about it all day, anyway, we don't have to worry about that end of the ladder/leaderboard out at bundoora. Come join me in the D2 thread!

We actually heard that you dominated that game over here in Oakleigh. Don't worry fella, i've been stiffed out of about 17 votes this year. I would have been a truely worthy winner, i'm still a champion though!

You don't win a silver medal for coming third do you???
But in the olympics (the biggest sporting event) you get a silver medal even if 2 people have beaten you (a tie) dont you???
1 question, who came second????

You can argue about it all day, anyway, we don't have to worry about that end of the ladder/leaderboard out at bundoora. Come join me in the D2 thread!

Actually they do not award a silver medal if there is a tie at the Olympics. Two golds are awarded to the winners and a bronze is awarded to third.

Check your PM's. Won't elaborate on the forum. But there was an incident involving spectators, Coach McGee and Tom Brain.

Just a point of clarification, albeit a couple of pages later (good to see this forum moves quickly). I should point out that this is what was relayed to me last night, but I wasn't there to witness it myself.

A couple of OMs guys asked Tommy Brain to strategically place himself at the OMs 3 qtr time huddle as a few of the Hampton reserves/U19s guys appeared to be 'giving it' to the opposition from close range. There may have been a few ales consumed by these people.

Unfortunately it got to the point where Tommy had to stop one of them physically from confronting Ben McGee who was completing his final address for the year. The OMs people were pretty cheesed off about it last night.

In short, Tommy was a "human shield" only, and not an aggressor. Probably not what he'd been expecting when he was allocated this game on the weekend. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a point of clarification, albeit a couple of pages later (good to see this forum moves quickly). I should point out that this is what was relayed to me last night, but I wasn't there to witness it myself.

A couple of OMs guys asked Tommy Brain to strategically place himself at the OMs 3 qtr time huddle as a few of the Hampton reserves/U19s guys appeared to be 'giving it' to the opposition from close range. There may have been a few ales consumed by these people.

Unfortunately it got to the point where Tommy had to stop one of them physically from confronting Ben McGee who was completing his final address for the year. The OMs people were pretty cheesed off about it last night.

In short, Tommy was a "human shield" only, and not an aggressor. Probably not what he'd been expecting when he was allocated this game on the weekend. :(
Two incidents in two weeks at Sandy, sounds like there is a common theme here...alcohol. Ban Sandy if they wont stop selling piss during games.

It wouldn't surprise me if Sandringham is left off the list at next year's finals venues arrangements, which is unfortunate, because Sandringham has a much better atmosphere than Sportscover Arena. There was always a question mark on Trevor Barker Oval due to the Sandringham Football Club's unwillingness to shut the bar down during the game (between 2-4.45pm), unlike the VAFA at venues like Boss James Reserve, Scammell Reserve etc. where all selling of alcohol must cease before the main game starts. So I wonder, why did the VAFA take a risk on Sandringham (Moorabbin or Mordialloc would have been better finals venues) when the VAFA knew that Sandringham Football Club would not comply to VAFA rules re ban on alcohol during VAFA games? This is what I think the VAFA should do re Trevor Barker Oval:

1) Ask Sandringham Football Club to give a verbal & written undertaking in that the Zebras, when hosting VAFA matches, comply to VAFA rules re ban on alcohol at VAFA games at Sandringham. (In other words, shut down the bar between 2-4.45pm)

2) If Sandringham Football Club doesn't agree or comply to the rules, the VAFA should seriously considering switching all games that was due to played at Sandringham to go to either Mordialloc, Cheltenham or Parkdale.

Sandy is one of the best venues in Melbourne and they have always sold grog there, even when SKOB and the Jackas played there. Mordialloc is a shi t heap with feral supporters and administators and Moorabbin too rundown. Cheltenham is a good alternative.
Will be heading to your game this week Jase, should be a good contest with a 10 goal win to the Rovers.

scribe that sounds almost about right, although that ******** McGee fueled the situation. That bloke gets completely sucked in. If they had a coach who had at least a few brain cells, well the situation wouldn't have occurred in the first place.

Jase in regards to Cheltenham, the Bar was open there as well for our final there. Sandy is easily the best venue this side of the city. If things get too bad, maybe see if they can come to a compromise, say, open the bar from half time onwards.

Magee started the whole thing. He pushed into the group of Rovers huddling up at Half Time and started liping off as usual. I'm sure he was just trying to fire up his young side but he's just comes across like an over the top tosser.

I don't think it matters whether he has over achieved or under achieved this season, he sets an awful example for his club and deserves to get the flick...

Congratulations to Snow and Rutter they both seemed very decent players from what I saw, but the fact Gary Carr only polled 2 votes all season says alot about what the boys in white know about the game at this level...

What's your opinion on Richmond hosting a VAFA final (it doesn't matter what grade, or what final it is) in the future, seeing that the Tigers doesn't have a Social Club? After all, Punt Rd Oval is centrally located, has a good playing surface and factilities for the spectators are more than adequate. It could be used if the MCG is not hosting a final, which would make it easier for fans to park their cars. Brian, 10 goal wins in grand finals are very rare (unless you happen to watch Old Xaverians during the period of greatness 1995-2000), so I expect this game to go right down to the wire. Both Oakleigh & Hampton Rovers are very evenly matched, so I think this would be a tight contest. For the record-what price a draw in the grand final?

Separate incident Holty. Halftime, McGee didn't need to get involved, but took it upon himself to.

The said incident involving T.Brain was during the 3rd quarter, not at the 3/4 time huddle as Scribe had pointed out. McGee had come down from the coaches box about 5 mins before the end of the quarter and a few of our supporters were standing behind their bench waiting for him to make a point of letting him know the game was beyond OM's then. He obviously retaliated and the father of one of ours pushed Tommy away thinking he was getting involved. Can categorically confirm this as I was stretching on the fence about 5 metres away when it all happened.

Sandy is definitely a ground that should be used in finals series. Cammy Voss makes a very valid point in that there were plenty of drinks being consumed at the Prahran game(Cheltenham), but some people are a bit more mature about dealing with conforntation - McGee is clearly not one of these. There was no threat of physical violence on him. Whether he wears his heart on his sleeve or not, getting physical with idiots that want to incite trouble knowing he's a sucker for it, is indicative of the sort of bloke is. Moron.

You don't win a silver medal for coming third do you??? No
But in the olympics (the biggest sporting event) you get a silver medal even if 2 people have beaten you (a tie) dont you??? No
1 question, who came second???? Nobody

See answers above. Next time you want to make some stupid statements know something about it first.

Lets look at the grog situation at Sandy and the Magee issue.

Magee has caused at least 6 different altercations over the past season at venues where alcohol is not consumed. End of story. magee is the problem and will continue to be given he has has been told to pull his head in and has been unable to.

A few years in the wilderness may calm the lad down a bit.

See answers above. Next time you want to make some stupid statements know something about it first.

olympics aside... are you saying there is no second?

this IS a matter of view. here is a valid point of view that only a moron would not acknowledge: equal first (rutter/snow), a second (drew) and a third (andersen). perhaps we should ask what the offical VAFA line is... Scribe? Tom Brain?? comments?

trying to deny anyone of such sounds like sour grapes! either you are a serial bench sitter, frustrated spectator, 2008 D1 player or an Oakleigh mule trying to stir the pot. either way, get over it nerd!

well done to 1st (2 of them:eek:), 2nd, 3rd and all the players who polled well.

Bring on Saturday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back