VAFA General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Care to elaborate on this a bit further ?

I spoke to a player who said there was talk of it and that the players would have been on board as they believe it would make recruiting easier. Supposedly there's plenty of guys that are ex-Parade College that would return to OP if they were in the NFNL and could earn some cash - not necessarily what they earn at their current clubs, but something as opposed to nothing. As others have mentioned, there has been quite a few district and now old boys clubs leave the VAFA for paid leagues and the results have generally been really good - Banyule and Old Eltham Collegians in the NFNL for example - which lends itself to a committee being more open to the idea. I got the impression it was going to happen eventually, maybe not right away, but eventually. You would be closer to the source than me, so if it's fake news then fair enough. It just seems to be a bit of "where there's smoke there's fire"

FWIW it would be sad to see Old Paradians leave the VAFA. All of my dealings with them have been great and they have one of the best grounds in the comp, not to mention a long and storied history in the league. However, as I said, from what I was told there's been talk of a move.

I spoke to a player who said there was talk of it and that the players would have been on board as they believe it would make recruiting easier. Supposedly there's plenty of guys that are ex-Parade College that would return to OP if they were in the NFNL and could earn some cash - not necessarily what they earn at their current clubs, but something as opposed to nothing. As others have mentioned, there has been quite a few district and now old boys clubs leave the VAFA for paid leagues and the results have generally been really good - Banyule and Old Eltham Collegians in the NFNL for example - which lends itself to a committee being more open to the idea. I got the impression it was going to happen eventually, maybe not right away, but eventually. You would be closer to the source than me, so if it's fake news then fair enough. It just seems to be a bit of "where there's smoke there's fire"

FWIW it would be sad to see Old Paradians leave the VAFA. All of my dealings with them have been great and they have one of the best grounds in the comp, not to mention a long and storied history in the league. However, as I said, from what I was told there's been talk of a move.

Does that mean Boundy would make a comeback to player/coach? How much would Kandalakis get a week? I would think that Ivanhoe assump would be on the move north which would allow them to play Close and pay him!

VAFA would attract more supporters (except silverspoons) if they sold alcohol from midday. its archaic really!

Does that mean Boundy would make a comeback to player/coach? How much would Kandalakis get a week? I would think that Ivanhoe assump would be on the move north which would allow them to play Close and pay him!

VAFA would attract more supporters (except silverspoons) if they sold alcohol from midday. its archaic really!
They can with a sit down meal FFS

Anyone who thinks people don't drink on the sly at VAFA games are either naive or as blind as Stevie Wonder.
This sort of unspecified folderol - that's idle fantasy - comes from those who drift by from other leagues. It's been going on from drop kicks ins since OTP was in nappies. That's not to say there aren't occasional breaches, but to suggest it's common place is uniformed gibberish.

What will happen I reckon is the VAFA will allow drinking in confined areas - like dining areas - during games. That satisfies those who believe it adds to the coffers while allowing some oversight.

So toddle off to the Second rate Football Netball League and neck as many can sandwiches as you like and allow us to continue being the best organised and run community competition in the known universe.

Who the hell wants to have a sit down meal at the footy???
That would be civilised people.

Last edited:
This sort of unspecified folderol - that's idle fantasy - comes from those who drift by from other leagues. It's been going on from drop kicks ins since OTP was in nappies. That's not to say there aren't occasional breaches, but to suggest it's common place is uniformed gibberish.

What will happen I reckon is the VAFA will allow drinking in confined areas - like dining areas - during games. That satisfies those who believe it adds to the coffers while allowing some oversight.

So toddle off to the Second rate Football Netball League and neck as many can sandwiches as you like and allow us to continue being the best organised and run community competition in the known universe.

That would be civilised people.

Name any club in the lower divisions that can get that many at a game let alone a luncheon.
If you managed to drift away from the soical rooms, you find people drinking at most games of any level. All the way from Premier down. You probably are right that these aren't the old school VAFA locals who haven't been to other leagues.

I'm supportive of your suggestion there regarding drinking in a confined area because it helps the lower division clubs to get a bit of extra cash, that the Premier clubs clearly don't need any more of. Venture down to a Div 2-4 game and see the difference. Plenty of clubs struggling financially.

VAFA = Victorian Archaic Football Association

You could argue that Old Eltham Collegians have benefited greatly from their move last year, but I understand it's only been a year and time will tell.

From what I know from Old Paradians, it’s not a matter of if, but when. May not be in the next couple of years but they will eventually move to the Northern league unless something changes drastically. There’s a lot of ex-Parade blokes running around for cash in the NFNL
This is my mail as well. Apparently Parade May be on the move as soon as next season.

Name any club in the lower divisions that can get that many at a game let alone a luncheon.
If you managed to drift away from the soical rooms, you find people drinking at most games of any level. All the way from Premier down. You probably are right that these aren't the old school VAFA locals who haven't been to other leagues.

I'm supportive of your suggestion there regarding drinking in a confined area because it helps the lower division clubs to get a bit of extra cash, that the Premier clubs clearly don't need any more of. Venture down to a Div 2-4 game and see the difference. Plenty of clubs struggling financially.

VAFA = Victorian Archaic Football Association
Once again a heap of unspecified drivel from someone from a lesser competition.

As for expanding the sale of alcohol during games to confined areas, I thought even you would have been able to conclude I'm for it in order to assist clubs finances.

You seem to enjoy necking can sandwiches in the terraces so head on back to your second rate competition and let the best administered and best standard competition work through these matters thoughtfully and professionally.

As for expanding the sale of alcohol during games to confined areas, I thought even you would have been able to conclude I'm for it in order to assist clubs finances.

You seem to enjoy necking can sandwiches in the terraces so head on back to your second rate competition and let the best administered and best standard competition work through these matters thoughtfully and professionally.
Just to clear it up in what regards is the VAFA the best administered?

What does this statement cover.

Just to clear it up in what regards is the VAFA the best administered?

What does this statement cover.

Well for a start we didnt have to reform under a new banner because someone ripped off the entire league (remember the Diamond Valley days ?). Go back to your own leagues and troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a current player in the VAFA.....
Awks....

Good onya. It's just you've spent a lot of your time posting on the SFNL board. Quite unusual that!;)
Oh I apologise. I wasn't aware that anyone on bigfooty had to be exclusive to a particular league. Could you ever forgive me?

Oh I apologise. I wasn't aware that anyone on bigfooty had to be exclusive to a particular league. Could you ever forgive me?

It’s just a weird pattern that many from other less successful boards and comps venture over here to give us advice. Often trolling. And when I say many...I mean quite a lot. They see this vibrant board that buzzes along and decide to come over and say hi.
It never happens the other way.
Once you have been part of the mighty VAFA you kind of forget about anything and anyone else. So I guess we will continue to see your type here, as its where people seem to come. In great number. It’s a big board, like the big comp it supports.
Hipp.

You seem quite exercised by my drawing attention to how rare it is for someone claiming to be part of one community competition to also be quite prolific on the board of a rival community competition. In the process knocking the competition they purport to be part of. Just found it intriguing.

You seem quite exercised by my drawing attention to how rare it is for someone claiming to be part of one community competition to also be quite prolific on the board of a rival community competition. In the process knocking the competition they purport to be part of. Just found it intriguing.
So in other words, if you play in a competition, you are not allowed to think they are things that could change or be better?? Interesting.

So in other words, if you play in a competition, you are not allowed to think they are things that could change or be better?? Interesting.
tenor.gif

I cast a eye over the league this year and I can honestly say kyabram would of beaten nearly all of the div 1 teams this year.. the league has dropped off a lot.

Who was the last player drafted from the league? Was it Evans from the deEs

I cast a eye over the league this year and I can honestly say kyabram would of beaten nearly all of the div 1 teams this year.. the league has dropped off a lot.

Who was the last player drafted from the league? Was it Evans from the deEs
Kyabram is a very good side in a very good league!
But according to AM I can only follow the VAFA and not comment on other leagues.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back