VAFA General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe that Marcellin 35s (Masters) will leave VAFA and go back to Metro masters comp. Metro masters comp is getting bigger and bigger and Willi have 5-6 teams from 35s to 55s as soon as 3rds players are over 35 they can play there.
Wonder if De la. Oakleigh & Preston will also move across.
Perhaps HQ could ask our clubs if they're interested in having a team or teams in an over 34 or over 40. OR BOTH?
Doesn't hurt to ask.

Perhaps HQ could ask our clubs if they're interested in having a team or teams in an over 34 or over 40. OR BOTH?
Doesn't hurt to ask.

As I understand it a large part of the appeal is the fortnightly rather than weekly commitment.

I'd imagine a clubbies league (open to all ages) that played fortnightly would be quite popular and serve as a good alternative to masters as you're not reliant on finding players solely from a restricted demographic.

Perhaps limit clubs to just one side of this type to prevent xavs submitting 72 teams though.

FWIW is it time to rename the divisions properly? The current naming makes no sense and isn’t fooling anyone. Maybe Premier and then start numbering so Prem B becomes Div 1 etc
nah go back to F section or rename FTroop, blokes I know loved playing in F section

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back