Mitchell, Lewis (OLD MENTONIANS) 8
Frecheville, William (ORMOND) 8
Edwards, Tim (OAKLEIGH) 8
Coulsen-Hoffacker, Dayne (OLD TRINITY) 8
Trevaskis, Daniel (OLD ESSENDON) 7
Tickell, Kyle (OLD MENTONIANS) 7
Doherty, Tim (OAKLEIGH) 7
Dekretser, Hayden (OLD IVANHOE) 7

Anyone care to make a team from these names? Maybe a few changes to previous positions?

The League Top 23 Players & Vote Count

Benson, David (OLD ESSENDON) 26
West, Jason (BENTLEIGH) 15
Spargo, Evan (OLD IVANHOE) 15
Gieschen, Rhy (OLD IVANHOE) 15
Derks-Revere, Joshua (OAKLEIGH) 15
Weston, James (OLD IVANHOE) 13
Goulding, Kyle (OLD MENTONIANS) 13
Daperis, Daniel (OLD MENTONIANS) 13
Te Hennepe, Simon (ORMOND) 11
Conheady, Joseph (LA TROBE UNI) 11
McDonald, Riley (OLD TRINITY) 10
Humann, Robert (OLD TRINITY) 10
Voglis, David (BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE) 9
Leggett, John (ORMOND) 9
Delmonte, Adrian (OLD IVANHOE) 9
Mitchell, Lewis (OLD MENTONIANS) 8
Frecheville, William (ORMOND) 8
Edwards, Tim (OAKLEIGH) 8
Coulsen-Hoffacker, Dayne (OLD TRINITY) 8
Trevaskis, Daniel (OLD ESSENDON) 7
Tickell, Kyle (OLD MENTONIANS) 7
Doherty, Tim (OAKLEIGH) 7
Dekretser, Hayden (OLD IVANHOE) 7

Anyone care to make a team from these names? Maybe a few changes to previous positions?

Conheady, Joseph (LA TROBE UNI) 11

great effort considering they only play 9 or 10 games. would of been interesting if they had stayed in the competion, by the looks of it he would of come an easy second and possible first.. an outstanding effort

I've got my money on Hondromatidis from OI to win the League B and F aswell... Agree too with you sandman West will feature highly in Bentleigh's BnF along with Trent McINTYRE!

Hondromatidis did not poll 1 vote!

IMO a rather unreflective count. Just shows that the umps know nothing.

With that said at least we found the appropriate winner in Benson. To win by 11 is a great effort.

And in response to the finals outlook:

Old Essendon, might upset you to here as i notice alot of OE members on this thread, but seems a very delicate team. This usually means come finals they may get beaten by 10+ goals. In a finals game will find it hard to match up with the bigger bodies of OI.

And on the finals thus far:

Don't say i didn't tell you so OE. Djokovic like performance going down in straight sets.

Looking forward to a cracking GF this week. Ormond are the only side who can match it with OI.

My Tip: OI to win by 20 points with a tight game all day, only to kick away in the final stages of the game.

Good luck fellas

If anything the league medal has showed how "over-rated" most of the Old Essendon players where (apart from benson). I say "over rated" because most of the talking done on here is done from Oe. I think everyone put alot of these players in their teams of the year because a few essendon people such as knight rider and rardo have talked them/themselves up. Jones didnt poll a vote, Rogers (rardo) got 3, remboulis didnt poll... and everyone had these blokes in their team of the year because the majority of this board is OE.

Congratulations to Benson, its pretty obvious he carried PEGS through quite a bit in the early rounds when they were at their best.

those who came second - West, Spargo, Gieschen, Derks - all had great seasons.

Others i thought that would do well and did were Weston (OI) and Tehennepe (Orm). Ones who didnt poll as well as i expected were Hondromatidis (OI) and Paola (Oak) and Greer (OI)

If anything the league medal has showed how "over-rated" most of the Old Essendon players where (apart from benson). I say "over rated" because most of the talking done on here is done from Oe. I think everyone put alot of these players in their teams of the year because a few essendon people such as knight rider and rardo have talked them/themselves up. Jones didnt poll a vote, Rogers (rardo) got 3, remboulis didnt poll... and everyone had these blokes in their team of the year because the majority of this board is OE.

Congratulations to Benson, its pretty obvious he carried PEGS through quite a bit in the early rounds when they were at their best.

those who came second - West, Spargo, Gieschen, Derks - all had great seasons.

Others i thought that would do well and did were Weston (OI) and Tehennepe (Orm). Ones who didnt poll as well as i expected were Hondromatidis (OI) and Paola (Oak) and Greer (OI)

A bloke who didn't poll (which i cant understand how) and will be right up there for his club's B n F is Trent McIntyre from bentleigh, the blokes a gun and not 1 vote?

A bloke who didn't poll (which i cant understand how) and will be right up there for his club's B n F is Trent McIntyre from bentleigh, the blokes a gun and not 1 vote?

yea i agree LFK i still think he'll win bentleighs club b&f but i spose getting sent off in most games n averaging 2 25m penilties against each week probs hurt his chances of getting a vote from his good mates the umpires

If anything the league medal has showed how "over-rated" most of the Old Essendon players where (apart from benson).

NB, obviously you havn't seen many, if any of the OE games this year. Yes we did go out in straight sets, and a lot of the talk on here was from OE, but lets be honest it's "BigFooty" not much of what is said on here is taken seriously, but rather as a bit of a joke.

For Jones not to poll a single vote is an absolute travisty of justice. Not sure if LJ saw the game v Trinity the first time round, but if he did im sure he'll back me up. He racked up possessions at will, easily got 40+. Again, against BT at Ted Anjani the kid kicked four goals as a midfielder and again had the ball on a string.

As for remboulis, he plays full back, how many players in the comp playing at full back featured prominantly, if at all, in the votes??

And to say a ruckman carried the team is ridiculous. To only drop four out of 18 games doesn't happen because one person carries the team you idiot.

I'm not trying to talk up OE, because we didn't perform in september, but to say that all OE players are over-rated.. you have to be kidding!!

NB, obviously you havn't seen many, if any of the OE games this year. Yes we did go out in straight sets, and a lot of the talk on here was from OE, but lets be honest it's "BigFooty" not much of what is said on here is taken seriously, but rather as a bit of a joke.

For Jones not to poll a single vote is an absolute travisty of justice. Not sure if LJ saw the game v Trinity the first time round, but if he did im sure he'll back me up. He racked up possessions at will, easily got 40+. Again, against BT at Ted Anjani the kid kicked four goals as a midfielder and again had the ball on a string.

As for remboulis, he plays full back, how many players in the comp playing at full back featured prominantly, if at all, in the votes??

And to say a ruckman carried the team is ridiculous. To only drop four out of 18 games doesn't happen because one person carries the team you idiot.

I'm not trying to talk up OE, because we didn't perform in september, but to say that all OE players are over-rated.. you have to be kidding!!
I agree completely with your above statement White, and as usual you are only 1 of 2 other people on this thread that know their stuff. The other 2 are Mega and myself!

I think winning a league B&F is a great achievement but a more realistic result is the team B&F winners. Umpires always prove in these votes they know very little about the game itself.

Also, you'll find as you guys play more footy that some players just don't attract the umpires attention, however that doesn't mean their not good players. What you'll also find is that umpires vote a lot on names, not the game which was in front of them.

Again, well done to Benson!!!

Knighta,

You always have something good to say and are always on the money but your quote:

What you'll also find is that umpires vote a lot on names, not the game which was in front of them.

Surely your not serious, its not AFL football and I would be more then certain half of the umpires don't even know 99% of a team that their about to umpire.... Maybe in seniors that % drops as you get the same umpires as you play more years in the competition, but not at u19 level.

Players that got votes in the top dozen or whatever all deserved them.... and even going through the list, their is not a player IMO that is listed that didn't deserve a vote or two!

The only thing I am surprised with is how votes were not given in some games???

E.G round 5... votes are missing from two games.

Nevertheless, a good honest year with the TOP TWO teams playing in the Grand Final.

And what a beauty it will be too!

Regards to the first OT v OE game, I agree with you there White but put it this way...
The votes that Rnd went D. Benson 3 D. Cerantonio 2 R. McDonald 1 - Now Benson stands out coz of his height and tapping ability (which if i might add seems to get alot of umpire attention, not to take anything away from Benson) but don't think he deserved BOG that game. Cerantonio was terrific and i think it would have been either him or Jones for the 2 votes. R. McDonald did play a very good game and deserved a vote and because it was such a close game the Umps had to throw some votes OT's way.

What I can't understand is why J. Williams didn't get a vote in Rnd 17. The kid must have had atleast 40possesions and absolutely tore the midfield apart. Not sure which game the umps were watching but its criminal that #3 J. Williams didn't get a vote that game.

Knighta,

You always have something good to say and are always on the money but your quote:

What you'll also find is that umpires vote a lot on names, not the game which was in front of them.

Surely your not serious, its not AFL football and I would be more then certain half of the umpires don't even know 99% of a team that their about to umpire.... Maybe in seniors that % drops as you get the same umpires as you play more years in the competition, but not at u19 level.

Players that got votes in the top dozen or whatever all deserved them.... and even going through the list, their is not a player IMO that is listed that didn't deserve a vote or two!

Couldn't have put it better myself Lefty. But at the same time for B.Jones not to get a vote all season is beyond me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here we have it boys, we can all give our opinions but in the eyes of the VAFA this one is OFFICIAL!

VAFA UNDER 19 SECTION 3 TEAM OF THE YEAR

B: D FRAZIER (ORM) B REMBOULIS (OE) A GRINHOLZ C (MHSOB)

HB: DAPERIS (OM) I FRIDMAN (BENT) J ROGERS (OE)

C: T RENDELL (MHSOB) B JONES (OE) R GIESCHEN (OI)

HF: J PAOLA (OAK) E SPARGO (OI) A ZYLBERLICHT (BENT)

F: A DELMONTE (OI) N MONACO (BT) O LACK (ORM)

Foll: E GREER (OI) K RODWELL (ORM) TEHENNEPE (ORM)

Int: D BENSON (OE) M WILTON (OM) L BEATON (OT) J WESTON (OI)

Emerg: T EDWARDS (OAK) JESSUP (OT) LUSCIANO (BT)

Coach: M ELDER (MHSOB)

Let's just review this absolute BS for a minute:
1. The League B&F on the bench???
2. Matt Jessup (great player) but only played 2 games???
3. Coach??? Considering Richard Dal Pos received a Coaches Award during the season and his side has gone close to undefeated and playing in the GF you would think he'd get it. Elder couldn't even get a team on the park.
4. A GRINHOLZ C (MHSOB) T RENDELL (MHSOB) M WILTON (OM) A ZYLBERLICHT (BENT) ????????
5. And some big names also missing..... R.McDonald (OT) R. Humann (OT) Wardley (Orm) Paola (Oak) Derks-Revere (Oak) McIntyre (Bent) Trevaskis (OE) Cerantonio (OE)

It is now official. John Aitken is the Joke of the VAFA!

LJ,

I think you may notice Paola was named on the Half Forward Flank.

Also, totally agree with you on point 4.... wouldn't have the slightest of clues how those players made it, surely not! Even as a team mate of one of them, he himself would disagree, especially in the position he was named... can clearly be replaced there by McDonald or Humann.

Also with the coach, would love JA to explain to us how he came to that conclusion.... my vote is with the OI, good bloke and an even better coach!

Here we have it boys, we can all give our opinions but in the eyes of the VAFA this one is OFFICIAL!

VAFA UNDER 19 SECTION 3 TEAM OF THE YEAR

B: D FRAZIER (ORM) B REMBOULIS (OE) A GRINHOLZ C (MHSOB)

HB: DAPERIS (OM) I FRIDMAN (BENT) J ROGERS (OE)

C: T RENDELL (MHSOB) B JONES (OE) R GIESCHEN (OI)

HF: J PAOLA (OAK) E SPARGO (OI) A ZYLBERLICHT (BENT)

F: A DELMONTE (OI) N MONACO (BT) O LACK (ORM)

Foll: E GREER (OI) K RODWELL (ORM) TEHENNEPE (ORM)

Int: D BENSON (OE) M WILTON (OM) L BEATON (OT) J WESTON (OI)

Emerg: T EDWARDS (OAK) JESSUP (OT) LUSCIANO (BT)

Coach: M ELDER (MHSOB)

Let's just review this absolute BS for a minute:
1. The League B&F on the bench???
2. Matt Jessup (great player) but only played 2 games???
3. Coach??? Considering Richard Dal Pos received a Coaches Award during the season and his side has gone close to undefeated and playing in the GF you would think he'd get it. Elder couldn't even get a team on the park.
4. A GRINHOLZ C (MHSOB) T RENDELL (MHSOB) M WILTON (OM) A ZYLBERLICHT (BENT) ????????
5. And some big names also missing..... R.McDonald (OT) R. Humann (OT) Wardley (Orm) Paola (Oak) Derks-Revere (Oak) McIntyre (Bent) Trevaskis (OE) Cerantonio (OE)

It is now official. John Aitken is the Joke of the VAFA!

Um, yes, so incredibly disappointing that the team of the year was not up to your standards. Shame isn't it? With so much riding on it, such as player contract negotiations, sponsorship deals and the like, this team of the year is of vital importance. MHSOB will not be happy, they will have to renegotiate Coach Elder's contract, or risk losing him to Richmond Central Reserves, who have put up big dollars in an attempt to sign the best motivator in the 19(3) competition.

Really, it doesn't matter who is picked. MHSOB guys don't care, they got relegated! This may sound idealistic, but players really shouldn't care whether or not they got into the team. Dare I say that the only ones who really care about the 'glaring' ommissions are those who don't play, but try to live vicariously through others.

Great match today. The 2 best teams in the comp went at it, with the best team coming out on top by 40 points. Credit to Ormond, tried hard all day, and deserved to be in the GF. OI are just a class above and prove that again today winning by 40 points. Gieschen won the BOG medal. spargo, harrison, greer, weston, hondromotitis were all great aswell, OI had the depth, hardness and class and won reasonably comfortably, but Ormond are a great team also, tried hard all day and should not be upset with their season at all. Great contest between 2 great teams. Caps off a great yr for the OI boys...

for any1 whos interested.. bentleigh had their b&f on sunday

B&F : west 55 votes
R/U : Mcintire 54 votes
Eq. 3rd : Clement and Fridman 20 votes

any other club awards????

Old Ivanhoe Best and Fairest Vote Count held yesterday:

1. Greer (72 votes)
2. Gieschen (54 votes)
3. Weston (51 votes)
4. Spargo
5. Dekrester
6. Nichol