Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
good analysis Knight Rider! good to see your keen interest in section 19(3). Altho the Brian Peppers joke was quite funny, dont be too harsh on the bloke! haha

great analysis ill add MHSOB's best would be Lingerwood and Grinholz. also i would like to no what u actually do with your time and how u no all those players? very insighful you might just be the man for Johnny Aitken's job. i would vote u in and by the looks of it u would have the time and ur personality and quik wit would prob suit the job.

great stuff

Thanks Knight Rider, the teams we've played against I would totally agree with you and the players you've mentioned are right on the money. Maybe we should get you to right up our section in the Record...

As for OI and OE, looking forward to seeing you guys meet very soon... atm i would have to go with OI, only because we've already played them and they are just a class above the rest, although having said that, i would wait for my reply when we play OE... we'll try and keep a close eye on Jones and Benson!

yes definatly keep ur eye on benson their ruckman. can play! but try and get **** boy to split his shoelace headband in two so benson can share.

good team - terrible haircuts

just red knight riders report on okleighs Derks-Revere and cannot agree more. one freaky lookin guy. also didnt do much against us, alright but no match winner

i dont know why u think that OE are no real threat to OI they have proved that they can win against quality opposition time and again. not having seen OIplay i cant wait to unil they meet in a few rounds only then can u make comments about who is the "better side".

because we'll smash ya's. esp bc we play when we get all our boys back who live out on campass. good luck OE

This undermanned ‘excuse’ is in fact a real issue for those teams who actually follow the rules of the UNDER 19 comp and don’t fill up their sides with some very mature under 19’s. Maybe you should read the rules, regulations and John Aitken's comments to get this season in perspective OE, Trinity and Mr. Mega jim.

Marquee Players In Div 3

Ivanhoe
Gieschen - the youngest of three brothers at the hoers who is just as skillful and silky smooth as the others. Excellent onballer who reads the play well and loves to kick goals.

Delmonte/Dekretser - both are key forwards for the team and most of their goals come from these guys. Most team will find it hard to shut both of them down on any given day.

Essendon
Jones - silky and creative midfielder who basically racks up more touches than an stripper at Hollywood's on the Gold Coast.

Benson - somewhat of an enigma at the club but quite simply, the game starts and ends with this guy.

Trinity
Pacconi - another midfielder whose class and pace is a tremendous asset to his team.

Beaton - the big fella in front of the sticks doesn't miss too many and Trinity try to use him where possible. Another big forward in a great goalkickers comp.

Ormond
Te Hennepe - solid, rugged and tough midfielder who loves the close, in and under stuff on the field. Provides many opportunities for his forward 6.

Allan/Foy - lively forward type for Ormond who don't necessarily rely on one guy to get them over the line. Both are very dangerous and should be watched closely.

Mentone
Tickell - solid and strong centre half forward/ruckman who has great running ability for a guy of his size. Possibly Mentone's most valuable asset.

Daperis - when Tickell palms it down, it's usually to this kid! Classy midfielder who can damage opposition teams.

Oakleigh
Derks-Revere - former league B&F winner who is a very good midfielder despite his lack of height. Has an uncanny resemblence to Brian Peppers, if you don't know him, Google it...I dare you!

Borland - a tall, solid onballer with the ability to break open games as will. Starts in the middle then goes forward to kick goals. If left unguarded he will hurt opposition teams.

Bulleen Temp
Monaco - obvious choice in this list given the guy is massive! Bulleen's only real avenue to goal so shut him down, and the game is yours.

Bentleigh
Fridman - massive unit that plays either deep in the forward line or across half forward as a go to for the midfield. Is very dangerous and athletic so will take your best defender to keep him well held.

MHSOB
I would make comment about certain players but unfortunately all their good players have gone to the seniors to try and avoid relegation from B Grade.

Love your work Knight Rider. Havent been on for a while, been busy with work, seems to be a bit happening in this section. good to see! I'll have a crack at my own write up on the key players from each team (in ladder order). Much of my stuff will be the same as yours, because you seem to be on track!

Ivanhoe

Hard to write a single name down, as there are so many that contribute. A good even team that get the job down week in week out. Delmonte appears to have started the year with a bang, slotting home 19 big ones in 5 games, including an 8. Spargo is another that can play, big framed boy who gets the job done around the midfield for the hoe's, driving the ball forward all game. Co captains Gieschen and Pantano are also lively types as Knight Rider said, and Dekrester has kicked his share of goals aswell up forward.

Essendon

Jones the standout in the midsection. Blonde tips and hard body makes him not hard to pick, as well as the fact that he is getting plenty of the ball and delivering it to forwards makes him one to watch. Cerentonio - the skipper. Text book captain, gets in and under, reminds me a bit of Kirk from sydney. Leads the troops well. Benson - dominates the ruck, as a man who has the frame of peter street should. Wins almost all tap outs, gives first use to cerentonio more times than not. Very productive midfield out at Keysborough

Trinity

Beaton Big bodied blonde fella, stands out pretty easily. Has slotted home 15 big ones this year, which helps, very productive in the forward line with Stockdale when he plays. Big lump of a lad who can get aggressive, and can take a pluck, has played a few games in the 1's, along with other trinity boys. With trinity it depends on who is back from the seniors, those players normally stand out, such as banfield, mccasker, and co.

Ormond

Te hennepe - read what knight rider said. spot on. Foy - same again. Keane - angry big fella who can mix it up in the forward line and in the midfield. Fraizer - can go down back or in the mid. A better team than people are making out - ill let you know that they will be right in it come finals time!

Mentone

Once again - knight rider on the money. Throw in mitchell who has 8 goals from 3 games and there not a bad unit.

Oakleigh

Edwards - smooth moving with a good leap, knows where the goals are. Along with Paola who is an absolute nature athlete be it in the ruck or up forward, and Derks rivere whose name sounds like a french lover, but plays like a modern day warrior, and they will suprise teams this year. Especially out at their home ground, which is tough for any team

La trobe

They dont put there stats up, so hard to tell. One of the boys has a HUGE leap, you'll know who he is when you see it.

Bullen temp

Monaco - 15 goals, including an 8 in round one against the ladder leaders. Can be shut down, which means pretty much bulleen are shut down. However is his on his on - great kick for goal

Bentleigh

No real guns, play more on heart and anger. The skipper, fridman, can get angry, and when he does look out. Not a bad target up forward. Sasson has slid through 9 this year, not a bad return.

MHSOB

Number 22 has got a bit of a write up on here, so why not throw him in here. But in all seriousness, they do have many playing 1's, so be wary, if all these boys ever get on the park look out, they will be harder to beat than expected.

Thats it from me for a while, as you can see i started off on fire, and got a bit tired at the end. Much the same as knight rider. My tips for the year:

OI and OE to continue their good form, being undefeated when they meet in round 9.
Ormond to improve as players get back.
Trinity to grow a new leg if they get all their boys playing A grade 1's back.
MHSOB to win a few games, heart plays a big thing in football.
Oakleigh being a very very hard ground to win at, as has been for many years

i would like to hear some honest feedback on BT's Monaco, preferably not from 'rardo' as id rather not hear about his obsessions with talkin about 'tag teamin' at shower time and penetratin 'backlines' althou u are quiet quik witted, which im sure u get plenty of time to practice ur comedy whilst ur on the sidlines, or god forbid u got stuck behind Anthony Callea's boyfriend at FF competing for mirror time.

also a good question for the forum would be whose the hardest player u have in your team?

to start it off i recon our hardest man at MHSOB would be Grinholz much to many on this forums discust

i would like to hear some honest feedback on BT's Monaco, preferably not from 'rardo' as id rather not hear about his obsessions with talkin about 'tag teamin' at shower time and penetratin 'backlines' althou u are quiet quik witted, which im sure u get plenty of time to practice ur comedy whilst ur on the sidlines, or god forbid u got stuck behind Anthony Callea's boyfriend at FF competing for mirror time.

also a good question for the forum would be whose the hardest player u have in your team?

to start it off i recon our hardest man at MHSOB would be Grinholz much to many on this forums discust

Bentleigh v. Bulleen this saturday... Monaco v. Clement... good match up... would like to see if Bulleens star full forward can be shut down by Bentleigh's best full-back!

Looking foward to see others reports on the sunday and the goals (if any) kicked by Monaco... can Clement keep him to less than 1 or 2?

because we'll smash ya's. esp bc we play when we get all our boys back who live out on campass. good luck OE

Haven't signed in for a few days i come back and this forum has lost it - good to see. Spargo there is a line between confidence and plain stupidity and you crossed it. OE doesn't get smashed. You're confusin the Essendon boys with Grinholz and Mega Jim and all their little pals down there at MHS.

As for the "very mature U/19s" call that is just gettin desperate and doesn't warrant further comment.

Mega Jim has been very active and has provided the star quality these forums need. But he just lets himself down by having to bring up bad haircuts as a form of criticism. Especially since one of his team mates is one of the only white men with dreadlocks you will ever see. He actually wasn't a bad player, but if you're gonna impersonate a Jamaican at least make sure you have a similar skin pigmentation.

I reckon if we combined the IQs of Spargo and little Jimmy we could still count it on two hands. But every forum needs its tools and these boys haven't let the VAFA down.

The tough men for OE would have to be the captain as well as the CHB. There is also an absolute beast of a human about to return from a hammy strain who will join this group of tough men and send shivers through the league.

All the best for the weekend, look forward to catchin up monday.

It's friday and that means tips. I'm not talking foils at Duffy's or stock market innuendo, just good old fashioned gladiators going to war over a kangaroo named Sherrin.

Benteigh v Bulleen Temp - Both teams will be keen to make amends for their last starts, especially Bentleigh who got a flogging in front of the faithful. Monaco v Clement will be one to watch but I feel Bulleen are travelling just that little better so points to them by 35.

Ivanhoe v MHSOB - This game is going to have more bloodshed than a horror movie! Ivanhoe by how far...50, 100, 150. It's kind of like choose your own adventure.

Ormond v Trinity - Game of the Round in which two teams earmarked for finals will be eager to show their wears in a hotly contested match. Ormond were terrible last week and Trinity got rolled, so the form line isn't great. Both will bounce back strongly as their try to keep in touch with the ladder leaders, and at home Ormond will get the job done, just...12pts

Essendon v La Trobe - Some games should be easy but my gut feeling is La Trobe will put up a fight this weekend. Essendon will have got nothing from last week, except an inflated ego, and this is potentially the problem. However, class always remains and Essendon to run out winners in the last by 25pts.

Oakleigh v Mentone - another great match in which Mentone will be looking to continue their winning ways. With players back, momentum and confidence up, the Keysborough boys will win a close match at Scammell Res. This is no easy task but Mentone are looking good, let's say 20pts.

Happy football viewing.

And remember...tell'em Knighta sent you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's friday and that means tips. I'm not talking foils at Duffy's or stock market innuendo, just good old fashioned gladiators going to war over a kangaroo named Sherrin.

Benteigh v Bulleen Temp - Both teams will be keen to make amends for their last starts, especially Bentleigh who got a flogging in front of the faithful. Monaco v Clement will be one to watch but I feel Bulleen are travelling just that little better so points to them by 35.

Ivanhoe v MHSOB - This game is going to have more bloodshed than a horror movie! Ivanhoe by how far...50, 100, 150. It's kind of like choose your own adventure.

Ormond v Trinity - Game of the Round in which two teams earmarked for finals will be eager to show their wears in a hotly contested match. Ormond were terrible last week and Trinity got rolled, so the form line isn't great. Both will bounce back strongly as their try to keep in touch with the ladder leaders, and at home Ormond will get the job done, just...12pts

Essendon v La Trobe - Some games should be easy but my gut feeling is La Trobe will put up a fight this weekend. Essendon will have got nothing from last week, except an inflated ego, and this is potentially the problem. However, class always remains and Essendon to run out winners in the last by 25pts.

Oakleigh v Mentone - another great match in which Mentone will be looking to continue their winning ways. With players back, momentum and confidence up, the Keysborough boys will win a close match at Scammell Res. This is no easy task but Mentone are looking good, let's say 20pts.

Happy football viewing.

ya beat me to it knight rider!

I'm looking forward to the Ormond v Trinity game between 4th and 3rd respectively over there at E.E.Gunn Reserve. both teams im sure would want to make a point to the rest of the comp against a very well fancied team. the loser will slip back into the pack, particularly with Mentone and Oakleigh squaring off.

Haven't signed in for a few days i come back and this forum has lost it - good to see. Spargo there is a line between confidence and plain stupidity and you crossed it. OE doesn't get smashed. You're confusin the Essendon boys with Grinholz and Mega Jim and all their little pals down there at MHS.

As for the "very mature U/19s" call that is just gettin desperate and doesn't warrant further comment.

Mega Jim has been very active and has provided the star quality these forums need. But he just lets himself down by having to bring up bad haircuts as a form of criticism. Especially since one of his team mates is one of the only white men with dreadlocks you will ever see. He actually wasn't a bad player, but if you're gonna impersonate a Jamaican at least make sure you have a similar skin pigmentation.

I reckon if we combined the IQs of Spargo and little Jimmy we could still count it on two hands. But every forum needs its tools and these boys haven't let the VAFA down.

The tough men for OE would have to be the captain as well as the CHB. There is also an absolute beast of a human about to return from a hammy strain who will join this group of tough men and send shivers through the league.

All the best for the weekend, look forward to catchin up monday.

Sniper... where to start. i took an online IQ test once, 144 - thats mentzer material no more needed to say (as Knight Rider would say, google one... i dare you), but i did take into account the posiblility that Spargo would register a negative IQ so ur comment could possibly be true.

as for my dredlocked friend, i quite like the hair style, i wouldnt hav styled my hair that way if i didnt thanks very much. thats a joke but i will let him no.

as for anymore OE insults i might give them a rest bc the hair cuts one wasnt my best call, i will conceed that. however i did note that i recon their backline would have a combined benchpress less than Spargo's IQ.

ur comment on tuff guys at essendon being ur skip. no chance softer than ur 'closet gay' FF's moisturised skin. i dont rememeber CHB was he the tool who tried to fight everyone after layin a sheppard or tackle, damn he does sound tuff. or is he out (FF im talkin about)? that wouild be a good forum.

Happy football viewing.

I like La Trobe at $11 for upset of the round.

I'll put a pineapple on it... not my pineapple though!

i agree with Knighta except MHSOB's luck is about to change, 1 point win from a kik after the siren.

and Oakleigh with a win from behind, 9 points

Sniper... where to start. i took an online IQ test once, 144 - thats mentzer material no more needed to say (as Knight Rider would say, google one... i dare you), but i did take into account the posiblility that Spargo would register a negative IQ so ur comment could possibly be true.

as for my dredlocked friend, i quite like the hair style, i wouldnt hav styled my hair that way if i didnt thanks very much. thats a joke but i will let him no.

as for anymore OE insults i might give them a rest bc the hair cuts one wasnt my best call, i will conceed that. however i did note that i recon their backline would have a combined benchpress less than Spargo's IQ.

ur comment on tuff guys at essendon being ur skip. no chance softer than ur 'closet gay' FF's moisturised skin. i dont rememeber CHB was he the tool who tried to fight everyone after layin a sheppard or tackle, damn he does sound tuff. or is he out (FF im talkin about)? that wouild be a good forum.

i've never known a person to continually go from one bad joke to another like mega jim. good call about OE's considering they kept u to 3 goals in 100 minutes of footy! so if they were pretty slim of watever u rekon about them being able to benchpress.... wat were ur 4wards doin?? or was the ball never getting down there bc their "soft" captain was getting it out of the middle. Just remember, you blokes were flogged by OE just last week, so watever critism u say about their team regardin the tougness or watever about their players reflects even worse on your team because u guys lost by so much.

i agree with Knighta except MHSOB's luck is about to change, 1 point win from a kik after the siren.

and Oakleigh with a win from behind, 9 points
Mega Jim, I like the cut of your cloth.

Despite a hard season so far for MHSOB you continue to give sh*t and express your opinions openly without fear of intimidation or retaliation.

I would love nothing more than for your mob to defeat the cocky Ivanhoe at Chelsworth Park tomorrow.

I believe you might know something Ivanhoe don't...players back Mega Jim?

Hopefully its not you kicking it after the siren to win the game mega jim! you'll kick it the wrong way u tool!

gee, you guys love to give this jim character a bit... ahaha but i will agree with him on the oakleigh beating mentone game... just think oakleigh might be a bit more tougher the the boys down the highway... however jim, surely a kick after the siren would still mean you lose by about 120? thats not really taking a cheap shot but can't see you guys getting up this season, bit like the tigers, until they play the demons... which in your case would be bentleigh, but i think by the time they play you agains, they should have their injuries back from all accounts.

yes definatly keep ur eye on benson their ruckman. can play! but try and get **** boy to split his shoelace headband in two so benson can share.

good team - terrible haircuts

And that is coming from a team, if im not mistaken with 2 to 3 blokes having rudier cuts than goth punks at flinders st station.

and as for the shoelace, just keeps his vision clear, which allowed him to kick a healthy bag of 9 goals last saturday, regardless of hairstyles, he gets the job done, unlike MHSOB who continually fail to...

Monaco is a guy you love to have in your team but hate to play against. He loves a goal and when he is on he will not be stopped!

Hopefully its not you kicking it after the siren to win the game mega jim! you'll kick it the wrong way u tool!

i hope it is me.. i thrive under pressure!! if u havnt already learnt that from my posts!

thanks knightafor the comments lets hope it comes true, even if we hav only the smallest shot its still a small shot, one we may possibly may not be able to capitalize on. in your words 'time will tell'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back