Vale Jim Stynes, 1966-2012 - A champion/hero - Statue commissioned for MCG Avenue of Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

Such sad news. Jimmy you are a football legend, a great family man, a hero and an inspiration to all football supporters and battlers. My condolences to your family and the Melbourne Football club. I hope the Dees have a really good year for you.
RIP Jim.

Re: Jim Stynes Passes Away - Vale a champion/hero - Pay your respects here.

One man who doesn't need an exaggerated rose-tinted eulogy to highlight his exploits.

I can't remember the last time the footy world mourned like this. It just shows that he was one of a kind.

Rest in peace big Jim. champion footballer, champion bloke. a credit to our game, a credit to Ireland and a blessing to Australia. we're all better for you're influence in this great game.

thanks for the memories. 240 games in a row??? JAAY-SUS!!! we love you Jimmy

Adding my condolences like the thousands of others who are paying their respects for such a great of the game both on and off the field. As an opposition supporter, I always marveled at how Jimma could carve up other ruckman and I secretly wished that he would miss our games through some injury BUT HE NEVER BLOODY DID!
True legend, best wishes to all in the MFC and the extended AFL community, but most of all his family who have a lost a son, husband and dad.
On ya Jim, the messages of grief from your proud club are testament to your life and your ever lasting legacy on others.

Nothing more to say other than we lost a legend today. RIP Jim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The words "champion" and "legend" are too often used when talking about sportsmen.
Not so in the case of Jim Stynes. The man was a great of our beloved game. But he was more than that. He was a great of life. The work he did with the Reach foundation touched many. The work he did for the Melbourne Football Club will leave a legacy to be felt by many for years to come.
45 is way too young, but gee the big fella packed a fair bit in to those years.
As football fans we are privileged to have seen his on field exploits. But as Australians we are far more privileged to have had him adopt our country and add so much to it's society.

Vale Jim.

Vale Jimmy Stynes...why do the good die young?

Just bought my tickets to the Round 1 melbourne game...going to go wearing my essendon jersey with a melbourne scarf over it in respect of the legend that was Jimmy Stynes...

RIP Jimmy :(

Thanks for supporting Jim chief. Nice idea.

First Sean White now big Jim. RIP

Seeing Jim break down in EHBT just now, finally had me in tears.

It's just starting to sink in that he'll never say anything again.

I wanted to come to the Melbourne Board to post my condolences directly to this great club....I can only repeat what I wrote on the Main board....strength to you all.....

Gee...I don't really know what to say...words seem so inadequate. Truly saddened at his passing.

Condolences to his wife and family.....his two children...the Melbourne Football Club and the football community in general.

A rare gem of a man. Vale Jim Stynes.

Good stuff Bails. He really is an articulate communicator and its good to here him remember his time fondly.

Boys today is a day that deep down we all knew we'd have to face. He is a great man and is one of the reasons I love the game. It’s a tremendous loss, but one that I’m sure will never be forgotten.

Jimma’s passing will make the walk to September glory all the sweeter.

Long live the King.

After watching all the video clips and looking at all the photos all day, all I can say is ... ........**** Jim stynes LOVED this great football club.

I will always be thankful because the MFC is a huge part of my life too

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Jim Stynes, 1966-2012 - A champion/hero - Statue commissioned for MCG Avenue of Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

Back