Vale Jim Stynes, 1966-2012 - A champion/hero - Statue commissioned for MCG Avenue of Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

Never had the opportunity to meet or speak with Jim, but as a student of the game I admired and respected him from afar.

Aside from his football career, the amount of work he did in inspiring and assisting young people was amazing.

Football and the wider community is a poorer place without Jim Stynes.

RIP

R.I.P to Jim's family and the Melbourne football club.

Your club certainly was a lucky one to have him.

The death of a great man, whom was bigger than the game.

Condolences to all on this board. But the rest of the football world is jealous of your club for having him.

I met Jim in 94 on "sports camp" which was kind of from the same base as the Reach work he did. It was a fantastic week that he conducted, with heaps of sports stars - geared towards young people building leadership and life skills. I am forever indebted to him for the time he took with me personally (and for sharing the heartbreaking observation that Alex Ischenko was too slow for senior footy despite me proclaiming him as a legend)..

Jim you lived a life to be admired, and will live on in our hearts for ever.

Australia and Ireland's thoughts are with the surviving family.

Never have truer words been spoken................ rest - in - peace.

Idea off 'land. I've just bought off the Demon Shop a Reach jumper with #11 on it.

And hopefully it'll get here before next weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What sad, sad news this is. What a tragic loss.

The next time you see someone at the shop's, or on the footpath, and they have their tins collecting for cancer research, put some gold's in. Or more if you can. Cancer is a bloody horrible thing.

On a personal level, i didn't know Jim, but i have heard many friends talk about his fight with cancer and have watched his footy career over the years. All i can do is grieve with all of you and to just say he's in a better place free of pain.

RIP Jim Stynes! You'll be missed by all who have known you over the years on and off the footy field. My condolences to the Stynes family.

RIPJIMSTYNES.jpg

RIP Jim, a fighter till the end. Even as a player he would refuse to admit he had an injury and would just play on and on and on!! Will never be forgotten.

Very Very Sad, I had hoped he would somehow beat the odds.
The world is a poorer place without him, I admire him for his amazing spirit and his ability to inspire and help others.

My condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P Jim

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Jim Stynes, 1966-2012 - A champion/hero - Statue commissioned for MCG Avenue of Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

Back