Vale LIDGE

Remove this Banner Ad

This board will never be the same again.

He was certainly one that a lot of us looked to late last year when the AFL and media were scaring the crap out of us over the GC issue.

Felt sick when I read this.

Didn't know Lidge personally but always came across as an intelligent and passionate North man who always had me laughing & saying to myself, "I wish I'd thought of that."

Will be sadly missed and commiserations to his family and close friends.

Ah sh*t!

Been crossing swords on Bay 13 - I'm going to leave it alone for a while out of respect.

This is not good at all. Met Lidge, with a few other posters at the Roo-sistence gig, then a couple of times later, and besides his hate for hip hop, was a very good man. Way too early and was a massive contributor to our stay in Melbourne when no one wanted to do it besides a few on BigFooty.

Jesus, still cant believe it, tragic, tragic news as someone said, this board has lost a huge man and my condolences to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace, my man.

Total shock. 'twas an honour.

Rest in peace big fella.

I didn't believe it when I took the phone call.

I didn't believe it even as I rang others to tell them.

I still don't believe it now.

Lidge - larger than life, one of the heroes of Roo-sistence, I have been proud to know you and work with you and drink with you and barrack with you. And I am STILL waiting for the phone call to assure me that this is a mistake.
:(:(:(

Terrible just terrible.

I had met Lidge randomly a couple of times and a great man and supporter of North.

He was also a leader over the past year in his efforts to keep north south.

I really am saddened to hear this news.

God bless him and his family.

I hope the club is informed of this and black armbands are worn for him over the weekend.

Just shattered.

From the little I knew of him, a great bloke with a quick wit.

My thoughts go out to his friends, family and to all you Shinboners who obviously knew him more intimately than me.

A sad day for BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:(..

Loved his efforts on bay13, even those against us. Never knew much more of him then that, but enjoyed everything he's contributed to bay13. From everybodies comments here, sounded like an awesome bloke, condolences to his friends, family and everybody here who met him.

As Binxy said, very sad day. :(

Oh God.

This news is unbelievable, dreadful for his family and his many friends, and we'll all be thinking of you with great sadness, and great appreciation for having shared him with us.

It's also shattering for all of us who just know Lidge as a sensational fellow supporter, fellow poster and warrior for the North Melbourne Football Club. It's been an honour and a pleasure.

Jus was speaking to GR and thought no way this is BS.

Had the pleasure of meeting him at the roosistence gig and always thought he was easily in the top 2-3 posters on this board.

R.I.P mate and condolences to the family.

Absolutely gutted.

At least he went out with a win against Collingwood, and at least I got to share a beer with him afterwards.

Sincerest condolences to his wife, children and family. :(

No, no, no!!

I never met him, but I'm absolutely stunned, absolutely shocked, seriously. :(

RIP Lidge, jeez, cannot believe this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back