Vale LIDGE

Remove this Banner Ad

SH!T

Completely blown away.:(

For years i have read his posts wondering if "Lidge" was the Shane Lidgerwood who worked for me in the 90's at a now long gone IT company. I always assumed (and somehow actually knew) that it was because of how articulate his posts were. This was definitely a strength of his. He has always been a great NMFC supporter and even back then we would spend the first part of Monday just going over details of the game on the weekend. We didn't always agree on the topics we were discussing but one thing is for sure, he knew what he was talking about, and could always put forward a very strong case to argue his opinion (usually throwing in a wry smile that made me think he may have just been yanking my chain).

I am shocked to find out in this manner that "yes it was he", and know that there will be many ex colleagues who will be immensely saddened to hear the news.

R.I.P.

Sorry guys. Really shocking news.

A truly quality member of BF. His posts were always witty but never personal. Enjoyed his contributions immensely and had the pleasure of butting heads with (and being busted by) him at the poker table last week.

Deepest condolences to his family, friends and his Kangaroo BF Brothers.

I've been busy today, and just logged on to see the banter I've been missing and I read THIS!

I am absolutely ____ing speechless, to say the least. A tragedy, no less, especially for his wife and kids.

I, like you all, cannot believe it!

I first met Lidge as a schoolboy, and rival, on the footy field. We're the same age and we were to cross paths for years in many Marcellin v Assumption battles. Many years later I joined this beloved board, to discover the great man was not only a former rival, but a fellow lover of the mighty North Melbourne. We've been friends through the site ever since, joking often of our "good ole days".

This guy had the biggest heart of all.................and the deepest of deep loves for our club, and for this board which brings us all together.

Thanks for the memories big fella. I'll miss you sincerely mate :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: You'll be in our thoughts forever.

Again also, my deepest condolences and thoughts to the whole family.

T'toes

Tragic news, sincerest condolences to his family and those who knew him.

Now he's got the best seat in the house to watch his beloved North. I tip my glass to Lidge:(

As a regular on B13 it was always entertaining to cross swords with such a proud and spirited clubman.

He will be sadly missed.

My most sincere condolances to his family and the North Melbourne FC community.

A club and a supporter base like ours is built on people like Lidge.

A leader for all of us here in BF during the dark days last November and one who deserved so much credit for what was achieved.

RIP a true Shinboner.

Very sad to hear the passing away of Lidge

I really enjoyed his valuable contributions to BF and love for the Kangaroo's

Sincere condolences to his Family and friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an occassional contributor here

Rest in Peace Lidge

My heart felt condolences to his family (especially the 4 kids :(:(), friends, the wider NMFC community and all the people here.

I suggest a minutes silence on BigFooty prior to the bounce at the Roos game this week. I'm not sure what the logistics are in disabling posting website-wide for a period of time, but I think that would be appropriate:thumbsu:

The most reliable, articulate poster I've seen in any forum, period. The man was a rock and even just knowing him from his posts, I am gutted. What a ____ing tragedy - his poor family.

Unbelievable and just heartbreaking for his family and kids as well as all who got to know him even a little through this board and the club. Our loss is huge yet would pale compared to his nearest. Personally hard to believe and immensely sad. Rest in peace Lidge.

Bloody hell it's true. :(

I saw the thread on Bay 13 & thought someone was being an idiot, so before I had a go at them, thought I'd check this board out first.

I am in total shock, Lidge was a great contributor to BF & the NMFC & will be missed terribly.

Condolences to his wife, children, family & friends.

RIP Lidge.

Very sad to hear about this.

Although our supporters don't see eye to eye at the end of the day we are all just passionate fans. He was one of the most passionate kangas that's for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale LIDGE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back