Vale LIDGE

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Lidge.

The NMFC is better off for having you as a supporter.

Big Footy will never quite be the same.

I would like to contribute if anyone sets up some sort of fund for his children.

I am Shocked, I cant beleive it.

I never knew lidge like many on this board, but i had alot of respect for him, the way he looked after fellow north melbourne posters, the amount of time/money and effort he put into WANM and on this board, just shows what a great man he was.

R.I.P Lidge and condolences to your Family and Friends

Atleast now you have the best seat in the house to watch North play

Heart attack mate?

Thats the news I have.

Just turned 40 in January.

Big boy. The man was an ox... but fit. Just one of those shocking tragedies.

Please can we take some time to remember the life that has been lost.

Let's hope North can get up and win this weekend for Lidge!

[youtube]VtZB4jluIO4&feature=related[/youtube]

What a shock. Sorry to hear that you lost such a passionate supporter. I have seen him around other boards on BigFooty, as it is extremely rare that I post here, and he seemed like a top bloke. After reading most of this thread I now realise he did a lot to help out his beloved Kangaroos.

RIP Lidge.

Wow, this is an absolute shock. What more can I say?

Always spoke with common sense and passion. One of the good guys who fought hard for our club in its moment of need.

Condolences to his family. RIP Lidge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the news while at my desk at work.

Gutted!

I have only known Lidge for a couple of years, but shared many an animated discussion, and a few drinks (or so).

Condolences to his wife Abi and his kids.

Here's hoping you're in the corporate box with the best view, mate.

Hopefully for Lidge, and for all of you that the Kangaroos can stay in Melbourne and live on and get stronger. When I saw the Hot Topic board as the Gold Goast Odyssy I saw his passion for the roos and to keeping them in Melbourne. It's a shame some of us didn't know him better, reading what you have said he sounds like he was a top bloke, and reading what he had to say about the Roos, and the fight he had he loved his Roos.

I thought it was a joke when I logged on a few minutes ago to pass the time til I go Home. Wish it was.

R.I.P Lidge - one of the good guys of the world. Condolences to Lidge's family, friends and BF associates who knew you personally.

Who'd have thought reading a BF thread would bring a tear to the eye.

As others have posted earlier, nothing I can say today will take the pain of losing Lidge so suddenly away, but I'll think of him in that big North Melbourne Social Club in the sky having a couple of frothies with Macca, Ron Casey and Judy Francis. Another star in Heaven joining in the chorus.

was shocked at the news and all you have to do is read all the posts to see the admiration and respect lidge had across bigfooty.

was lucky to meet him at the bbq, but thanks lidge for the hard work to help save our club

R I P and condolences to the lidgerwood family.

I already knew mate, just saying those sorts of questions would have probably would be better suited to PM.

Out in the open now though, so all good.

Yeh that's right.

Got the news while at my desk at work.

Gutted!

I have only known Lidge for a couple of years, but shared many an animated discussion, and a few drinks (or so).

Condolences to his wife Abi and his kids.

Here's hoping you're in the corporate box with the best view, mate.

If that's bad i was in my uni lecture and I walked out right away.

What to say?!?

I never met Lidge, but felt comforted whenever I saw his avatar as having posted. I would ALWAYS read Lidge's post. My favourite contributor by a looong shot.

Felt strong knowing he was in our corner, confident enough to visit Bay13 knowing he would fight the good fight where necassary.

The response by BF'ers & especially the respect shown from the non North folk is a testament to the impact he has had around here.

R.I.P Lidge, thanks for always being here for us.

Didn’t know him as I don’t visit bay 13 or this board but he sounded like one hell of a good person and true blue North man through and thought.

Sorry for you loss and condolences to his family, friends and associates.

In all seriousness was there a cooler mod on the entire site? Don't think so.

So quick, so funny and such an empty place without his contributions anymore.

He bled for his club and the bloke deserves the utmost respect.

We all love this great game but there's some things that are bigger than football, lidge was one of them. Larger than life and from all the run ins I had with him, a champion bloke to boot.

RIP Lidge mate, condolences Roos.

Lidges GC work: Thanks to his wife
[YOUTUBE]k5_r5yKZ2ps[/YOUTUBE]

This is what i stayed up till the early hours of the morning to listen too. Also to listen to the fight we showed!! And it was all ____en worth it and i know Lidge loved every single minute of our fight!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale LIDGE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back