Valentines Day: Is there a worse day??

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by prized bitch
How about people getting married on Valentine's Day?? I have to go to a wedding on Valentine's Day....but why on earth would anyone want to get married on a day that most people celebrate anyway?

The whole day is a load of crap!
my boyfriend's going to a wedding then.. it's like, what the hell? who gets married on valentines day anyway.

My parents nearly got married on Valentine's day without knowing it. They had to get hitched before my mum got kicked out of the country so they went to the registry office and said let's get married next Saturday ... they were told it was all booked out, naturally, because it was Valentine's day. So they got married on Friday the 13th instead.;)

Originally posted by Nic
My parents nearly got married on Valentine's day without knowing it. They had to get hitched before my mum got kicked out of the country so they went to the registry office and said let's get married next Saturday ... they were told it was all booked out, naturally, because it was Valentine's day. So they got married on Friday the 13th instead.;)

Damn illegal immigrants ;)

Originally posted by Bobby Giovanni
I'm going to a bucks party on Valentines day. Not only do I get to avoid the missus, I get to look at strangers 'bathing suit areas'. It's like Christmas.

I'm sure the bride-to-be is happy about this one!! :eek:

Same for your missus.

But hey ... when there are strippers involved ... ;)

Originally posted by prized bitch
How about people getting married on Valentine's Day?? I have to go to a wedding on Valentine's Day....but why on earth would anyone want to get married on a day that most people celebrate anyway?

My Wife's Brother is Getting Married this Saturday as well ....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by lozstar
my boyfriend's going to a wedding then.. it's like, what the hell? who gets married on valentines day anyway.

Smart men & silly women.

Think about it, the guy only has to remember one day a year & buy one present, anniversary/valentines combined, silly women, what are you thinking, you are doing yourselves out of a pressie every year. :eek:

I think Valentines day is great, for those of you who don't like it, simple forget about it, but stop whining every year how much you hate it & let those who do like it, enjoy their day.

It's an excellent day to dump someone. Especially if they've been giving you the ****s.

I've had two exs that also had birthdays on the 14th, most recent ex said her ex-husband chose that date to walk out. Impressive. After spending a couple of months with her I can see why he did it, just a shame I couldn't tolerate her bull**** for another few weeks to add that ironic touch.

i dumped a guy because he bought tacky crap for valentines day after i explicitly told him that I didn't believe in it and wanted to ignore it.

but then I've never been a fan of grandious gestures - its the little things that count, and the little things that hold a relationship together.

:p

Brother's wedding is this saturday, more of a coincidence then careful planning as they got engaged early last year and wanted their wedding sometime in Jan/Feb(Summer hoping for a nice day) this year.

I personally couldn't care less about Valentines day, its just another marketing exercise for the shops to earn a few extra bucks, load of shyte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by brampta

I've never been a fan of grandious gestures - its the little things that count, and the little things that hold a relationship together.

I agree. And the only reason I don't worry too much about Valentine's Day is simply because for the last couple of years I have been with a guy who just isn't into making grand gestures or having one special day or anything, and that's fine with me. As long as we're together on the day that's all that really matters to me. I don't know if it's worse being single on the day or being away from your loved one!

Is anyone giving out cards tomorrow? Here's some suggestions I had emailed to me today that you may want to use:

Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss
But I only slept with you coz I'd been on the p*ss.

Roses are red, violets are blue
Sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead,
The sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.

Of loving beauty you float with grace
If only you could hide your face

Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you're not

I want to feel your sweet embrace
But don't take that paper bag off of your face

I love your smile, your face, and your eyes
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you really screwed up my life

I see your face when I am dreaming
That's why I always wake up screaming