Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are our wins always discounted in the media?

For example Fremantle hasn't beaten a team thats won a game yet so we dont know if they're any good.

Same media piece- Carlton are flying after beating 3 teams on the trot and look like being a major factor come seasons end.

We both have beaten 2 of 3 same sides and both did it in style. But only one team is being taken seriously and yes I'm aware the Blues played finals last year but we did in 2022.

Blues is a team the vAFL want to be a premiership threat.

For example Fremantle hasn't beaten a team thats won a game yet so we dont know if they're any good.

Same media piece- Carlton are flying after beating 3 teams on the trot and look like being a major factor come seasons end.

We both have beaten 2 of 3 same sides and both did it in style. But only one team is being taken seriously and yes I'm aware the Blues played finals last year but we did in 2022.
If we beat the blues everyone will start talking up our finals credentials.

If we beat the blues everyone will start talking up our finals credentials.
Nah, settle petal. We got a long way to go before they start talking us up.
If we knock over Carlton they will be focussing on how Carlton allowed us to win in a shock result.
Will be similar to the Adelaide discussion on how poor they were rather than from the perspective that Freo applied a restrictive game plan that choked them.

Last edited:
Hear what you’re saying, and this is the vent thread and all, but jeez I’d love us to blow a side apart one day. Not choke and restrict, but attack and score at will.

THEN we’ll know we’re premiership material.

Hear what you’re saying, and this is the vent thread and all, but jeez I’d love us to blow a side apart one day. Not choke and restrict, but attack and score at will.

THEN we’ll know we’re premiership material.

It should have been against Adelaide. We really should have won that by 10-15 goals but our goal kicking let us down.

It is the same clown each time who starts it. It is distracting and just plain dumb which is why it doesn’t get support.

If you are the guy with the long ponytail and are on BF, read the room you fool and stop trying to start something that no-one wants.
It's quite funny at the cricket with all the members who actually like cricket in one third of the ground.

Most of the time the Mexican wave goes okay at best until it reaches the member's area where it gets almost no response at all.

At least with cricket there's gaps in the play. I wouldn't do the Mexican wave at either (I'm one of those WACA members who doesn't do it at the cricket).

This is a really good thing for us.
It’s ideal that we keep getting written off.
Why in earth do we want media from Melbourne pumping us up?
We have seen before several times that this makes the team soft, complacent, contented, and we lost games we should win. Especially younger less experienced sides like ours who’s heads get easily turned by backslapping. It’s less of an issue for hardened old pros like Geelong 2022 and Pies last year.
We need to remain angry, aggressive and with a point to prove at all times.
If everyone is talking about how good we are in the media, we run the risk of losing that ravenous hunger and desire to prove a point and prove them wrong.

There have been several times in Freo history where we started the season with a bang and shot up the ladder, only to be overcome with injuries by about mid season. Granted, we no longer have Weber; but you need a lot of luck to go your way to compete all the way through a season.
We really don't want to hit peak form in April. Far better to be amongst it for most of the season, and really ramp up to peak later in the season.

To avoid burnout later on, we will have to drop the odd game here and there, but not against Carltoon.

Since Port Adelaide started 3-0 in 2018 and ended up finishing 10th, only one team has gone 3-0 and missed out on the 8. That team is 2022 Carlton, who should have made the 8, but choked at every hurdle. I think it’s fair to say that very few 3-0 sides are genuinely mediocre.

I think the next two weeks playing Carlton and Port might tell us a bit about where we sit. I'm not expecting to win either game but pushing them and keeping it close while having no experienced 2nd KPD will fill me with confidence.

Fair call but I’d prefer to stay the underdog TBH
Less far to fall

I think the next two weeks playing Carlton and Port might tell us a bit about where we sit. I'm not expecting to win either game but pushing them and keeping it close while having no experienced 2nd KPD will fill me with confidence.

I hope we leave SA with a win.

I'd consider it a big win considering both teams were pretty much heavily discussed and predicted to contend Top 4 (PA to a lesser extent) before the season started. 4-1 is a lot nicer than 3-2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, settle petal. We got a long way to go before they start talking us up.
If we knock over Carlton they will be focussing on how Carlton allowed us to win in a shock result.
Will be similar to the Adelaide discussion on how poor they were rather than from the perspective that Freo applied a restrictive game plan that choked them.
Nah I think they will actually take notice of us if we beat their darlings.

This is a really good thing for us.
It’s ideal that we keep getting written off.
Why in earth do we want media from Melbourne pumping us up?
We have seen before several times that this makes the team soft, complacent, contented, and we lost games we should win. Especially younger less experienced sides like ours who’s heads get easily turned by backslapping. It’s less of an issue for hardened old pros like Geelong 2022 and Pies last year.
We need to remain angry, aggressive and with a point to prove at all times.
If everyone is talking about how good we are in the media, we run the risk of losing that ravenous hunger and desire to prove a point and prove them wrong.
Totally agree. let the media keep reporting how lucky Freo are. how bad our opposition were. It doesnt matter. We play , we win, dont listne to the media.

As others said on here. if they praise us too much the younger players may lose focus...

So yes keep up the good work MEDIA.. Freo will give them all the OLD FREO HEAVO.

In 2022 it took us beating Geelong in Geelong anyone to take us seriously.

Its just frustrating that we have a win discounter in the media for no reason.
Think we were ignored in 2013 until we beat Geelong. Sending us to their stadium was such a crap thing to do.

I hope we leave SA with a win.

I'd consider it a big win considering both teams were pretty much heavily discussed and predicted to contend Top 4 (PA to a lesser extent) before the season started. 4-1 is a lot nicer than 3-2.
4-1 with two games against WC to come as well…

Think we were ignored in 2013 until we beat Geelong. Sending us to their stadium was such a crap thing to do.
They couldn't have us blasting Geelong to smithereens at the MCG two finals in a row.

So they send us to a ground that suited our defence....It was the best ground for us to play on.

But this is the vent thread so:
The AFL are a bunch of stupid heads

How is this thread not at the top of the front page?
Not gonna lie, I was too lazy to scroll down and find it, so I've gone to town in the post game thread

But while I'm in the vent thread, I'd like to say f**k you to the umpires

I'd also like to vent about Johnson being gifted games undeservedly and Treacys embarrassing hands

We were the designated home team, yet everyone in the media were talking about the ‘Carlton V Freo’ match. It’s a small thing, but speaks volumes to me about our place in this heavily compromised ‘national’ competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back