Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

We were the designated home team, yet everyone in the media were talking about the ‘Carlton V Freo’ match. It’s a small thing, but speaks volumes to me about our place in this heavily compromised ‘national’ competition.
when we finally win a premiership or two we will gain some respect. not a lot but some respect.

until then we will work hard as a club to improve every match.

We were the designated home team, yet everyone in the media were talking about the ‘Carlton V Freo’ match. It’s a small thing, but speaks volumes to me about our place in this heavily compromised ‘national’ competition.
Was it our away game last year and Carlton’s home game?

I am still hurting and obviously Saturday is up there along with the Newnes debacle as the filthiest I have been after a game, but I have disliked Carlton for a fair few years now, I didn't mind them in the Pagan/Ratten days, they were plucky, fun to watch with Fev occasionally firing but enough of that I am in the mood to get my hate on.

It does seem the players on both sides are not huge fans, 2022 Jack Silvagni the dud was going after Fyfe, the Fogarty hit to Fyfe I reckon was unnecessary and there seems to be alot more off the ball stuff.

What else is there?

2001 - rd 1 lose by a point at home go on to win 2 games for the season, Tony Modra was absolutely mauled all night, Silvagni & Glenn Manton arms all over him, he still kicked 5 but did not get a single free kick.

2008 - trade period, Robbie Warnock leaves, we end up with Suban (Bucovaz & Ruffles as steak knives) and to may surprise Warnock does not really progress after a promising few years here. I do remember this trade feeling like it took along time to go through.

2010 - Judd elbowing Pav, cutting him up, escaping suspension and winning a Brownlow as a result of it. We actually won this game but this was a great example of the preferential treatment of big name Vic players when it came time for suspensions.

2019 - Silvagni again, this time at the draft table going early on Liam Henry forcing us to chew up points.

2021 - trade period, Cerra leaving was a win-win but the Carlton fans celebrating him wanting to join them when he actually had a 1st preference of Melbourne irked me.

2022 - trade period, Acres doesn't bother me too much, he had a great 2022 and 2023 but his game Saturday almost won us the game.

The Stephen O'Reilly trade gives us some satisfaction in return with the shambles they became as a result of their brown paper bag dealings. Carlton is one of the few teams we actually have a positive win-loss record against.

It may be the social media algorithms promoting the nuffiest of takes, but I haven't seen a single post from any Carlton follower on social media being in any way contrite or acknowledging that Freo got very unlucky to lose the game. They seem to think that acknowledging that Freo should have won the game and that they got lucky is some attack on their football club.

I have seen hundreds of comments about how Carlton were really the true victims in the game and how justice prevailed. Makes the loss even tougher to swallow. Awful, awful supporters

It may be the social media algorithms promoting the nuffiest of takes, but I haven't seen a single post from any Carlton follower on social media being in any way contrite or acknowledging that Freo got very unlucky to lose the game. They seem to think that acknowledging that Freo should have won the game and that they got lucky is some attack on their football club.

I have seen hundreds of comments about how Carlton were really the true victims in the game and how justice prevailed. Makes the loss even tougher to swallow. Awful, awful supporters
Generational ignorance and brown paper bags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well as many of my close friends support carlton i cant say i HATE them.

But when we get to as many premierships as they have , i guess we will need to ensure we dont get too arrogant and proud.

Hard to be humble for some when you have a long history of winning. Might have been a while for them, but we been 30yrs with ZIP

So roll on our first flag, then many more to come .

I am still hurting and obviously Saturday is up there along with the Newnes debacle as the filthiest I have been after a game, but I have disliked Carlton for a fair few years now, I didn't mind them in the Pagan/Ratten days, they were plucky, fun to watch with Fev occasionally firing but enough of that I am in the mood to get my hate on.

It does seem the players on both sides are not huge fans, 2022 Jack Silvagni the dud was going after Fyfe, the Fogarty hit to Fyfe I reckon was unnecessary and there seems to be alot more off the ball stuff.

What else is there?

2001 - rd 1 lose by a point at home go on to win 2 games for the season, Tony Modra was absolutely mauled all night, Silvagni & Glenn Manton arms all over him, he still kicked 5 but did not get a single free kick.

2008 - trade period, Robbie Warnock leaves, we end up with Suban (Bucovaz & Ruffles as steak knives) and to may surprise Warnock does not really progress after a promising few years here. I do remember this trade feeling like it took along time to go through.

2010 - Judd elbowing Pav, cutting him up, escaping suspension and winning a Brownlow as a result of it. We actually won this game but this was a great example of the preferential treatment of big name Vic players when it came time for suspensions.

2019 - Silvagni again, this time at the draft table going early on Liam Henry forcing us to chew up points.

2021 - trade period, Cerra leaving was a win-win but the Carlton fans celebrating him wanting to join them when he actually had a 1st preference of Melbourne irked me.

2022 - trade period, Acres doesn't bother me too much, he had a great 2022 and 2023 but his game Saturday almost won us the game.

The Stephen O'Reilly trade gives us some satisfaction in return with the shambles they became as a result of their brown paper bag dealings. Carlton is one of the few teams we actually have a positive win-loss record against.
Surprised you didn’t mention the Cripps stuff on Brayshaw

I like how we got Amiss who is a future best forward in the afl but a really really good guy who has a terrific family. His parents value looking after and supporting children in need. He has been really well grounded and you can tell isn't selfish.

Cerra left for Carlton who us an average mid.

I don't hate Carlton. I thank them.

What else is there?

Really?

Tell everyone you’re a whiny bitch without telling us you’re a whiny bitch.

We lost a game because of a questionable umpiring decision

Move on everyone

It’s like golf. You keep thinking about your previous crap shot, you keep hitting crap shots

Really?

Move on everyone

It’s like golf. You keep thinking about your previous crap shot, you keep hitting crap shots

Schitts Creek Party GIF by CBC

Really?

Move on everyone

I hope I never get paired up with you in golf btw. Phewww..

Really?

Move on everyone

It is a vent thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back