Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Chickens have come home to roost.
The Jackson trade.
Extending rather than trading Darcy.
Losing Meek.
Trading and drafting too many slow midfielders that can’t kick.
Losing heart and soul players like Acres and Logue.
Having a coaching group that is average.

Deeper issues that bringing in Bolton won’t fix.
The Jackson trade just seems to get worse. I do hope he gets better but today was one of his better days and his impact was negligible. He sometimes doesn't get near thr ball in aerial contests.
Reidy should be told he's a chance for selection next year. No reputations. If his preseaon is better he plays.
Not sure on not being able to kick, but we are very one dimensional across all of our midfield. Fyfe, Johnson, Serong, and Brayshaw in particular are similar players. NOD and Youmg lefties at least and NOD with a bit of pace too.
Coaching group has to be considered poor. Very difficult to argue otherwise.

The Jackson trade just seems to get worse. I do hope he gets better but today was one of his better days and his impact was negligible. He sometimes doesn't get near thr ball in aerial contests.
Reidy should be told he's a chance for selection next year. No reputations. If his preseaon is better he plays.
Not sure on not being able to kick, but we are very one dimensional across all of our midfield. Fyfe, Johnson, Serong, and Brayshaw in particular are similar players. NOD and Youmg lefties at least and NOD with a bit of pace too.

Noddy should rotate off the wing the whole year.

Really liked his two games back

Reidy also responsible for the hit on Butters costing the goal right in front, huge momentum killer.

His role is one as a highly paid hot seater for the forwards and ruck to give them a break…

The issue with Jackson is he isn’t really a ruck. Jumps far too early and is then off balance to have an impact in the middle. Really wish we had Meek as depth but we traded him for JOM. Meek has been a huge reason for Hawks climb this year

He got sucked in, same as Clarke at the start of the game. Cost us 2 goals in a tight game which you cant afford.

Sure..,loved Clark getting the 50 against then watching Stevic watch Walker get cleaned up after disposal and just call play on.

I hate that campaigner

Next year need to focus on pressure and intensity. It was clear tonight that the only chances we had to really score was moving the ball on quick and getting players free, we just lacked the polish and decision making to find the right players. Everytime we tried to slow play and bomb the ball high it rarely worked. The last 4 weeks in particular our pressure rating in games has been below average which is all a sign of fitness and desire. Hire the best tackling coach we can find would also help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next year need to focus on pressure and intensity. It was clear tonight that the only chances we had to really score was moving the ball on quick and getting players free, we just lacked the polish and decision making to find the right players. Everytime we tried to slow play and bomb the ball high it rarely worked. The last 4 weeks in particular our pressure rating in games has been below average which is all a sign of fitness and desire. Hire the best tackling coach we can find would also help.
Moving the ball quick relies on players other than Wagner to try and break it open , he tried I’ll give him that .

No overlap or , playing on or advantage at all .
An indictment on our runners like Freddy and Sharp not doing their job

If we did get a fast entry into the forward line they are mostly flat footed

Forward line needs a rocket IMO

While I’m venting I’m gonna have a crack at all those “ supporters “ who started streaming out with 5 minutes to go when the game was done

Piss weak !

The boys deserve more respect than that .
They are a bunch of kids and most of them tried their heart out all season for our entertainment

Yes they get paid and some very handsomely , but they put their bodies on the line and give their best .

Even to stay and say thanks to Andrew Brayshaw alone who tried to carry the whole team on his shoulders

While I’m venting I’m gonna have a crack at all those “ supporters “ who started streaming out with 5 minutes to go when the game was done

Piss weak !

They are a bunch of kids and most of them tried their heart out all season for our entertainment

Yes they get paid and some very handsomely , but they put their bodies on the line and give their best .

Even to stay and say thanks to Andrew Brayshaw alone who tried to carry the whole team on his shoulders

Games over, it’s Sunday night I was on one of the first buses home and in my car by time soft **** was doing his press conference.

I’ve done 3 interstate trips to support them. I’ll leave when I want thanks

Piss weak !

Maybe they left because the rest that didn’t try their heart out?

Games over, it’s Sunday night I was on one of the first buses home and in my car by time soft **** was doing his press conference.

I’ve done 3 interstate trips to support them. I’ll leave when I want thanks
Fair enough
I hope you enjoyed other things on your interstate trips than just football

Last edited:
Maybe they left because the rest that didn’t try their heart out?
Yes maybe

The umpiring didn’t help either so perhaps it was a walk out in protest.

Last game , 5 minutes to clap off our team don’t seem too much to ask I wouldn’t have thought after a year of their efforts.

Yes maybe

The umpiring didn’t help either so perhaps it was a walk out in protest.

Last game , 5 minutes to clap off our team don’t seem too much to ask I wouldn’t have thought after a year of their efforts.
The team should be clapping us for our efforts as at least we turned up.

The team should be clapping us for our efforts as at least we turned up.
Fair call

Personally I think we should be better than that though

It’s the shit I would expect from West Coast and Carlton supporters.

The issue with Jackson is he isn’t really a ruck. Jumps far too early and is then off balance to have an impact in the middle. Really wish we had Meek as depth but we traded him for JOM. Meek has been a huge reason for Hawks climb this year
Meanwhile, JOM contributing to Fremantle’s decline.
That was such a stupid trade. The management trying to be cute. Shouldve just got a third rounder and move on. Instead panicked with Mundy and offer JOM 4 ****ing years. 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back