Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the impression that the players visiting Bali rumours are just BS ?

Have not seen any credible evidence that this actually happened or who went

No club has any member control. This isn't Germany where the fans own 51% of the club.
actyally

• 11 AFL clubs are owned by the members.
  • 2 AFL clubs are owned by the West Australian Football Commission.
  • 5 AFL clubs are owned by the AFL itself.
see if you can name them lol

actyally

• 11 AFL clubs are owned by the members.
  • 2 AFL clubs are owned by the West Australian Football Commission.
  • 5 AFL clubs are owned by the AFL itself.
see if you can name them lol
  1. Brisbane Lions
  2. Western Bulldogs
  3. Essendon
  4. Melbourne Demons
  5. Hawthorn Hawks
  6. Geelong Cats
  7. St Kilda
  8. Richmond
  9. North Melbourne
  10. Collingwood
  11. Carlton

1. Brisbane Lions
  2. Western Bulldogs
  3. Essendon
  4. Melbourne Demons
  5. Hawthorn Hawks
  6. Geelong Cats
  7. St Kilda
  8. Richmond
  9. North Melbourne
  10. Collingwood
  11. Carlton
oh and AFL owned clubs

1. Sydney Swans
  2. Greater Western Sydney Giants
  3. Gold Coast Suns
  4. Adelaide Crows
  5. Port Adelaide

Look at the 5 teams below us on the ladder ready to take our spot in the 8, how many of them on current form could we beat?

Last edited:
Minor rant here - I’ve seen some prominent freo Twitter fans whinging that we didn’t draft Bobby hill in 2018 and bagging out Sam Sturt.
Sturt went at 17 and Hill was pick 23.
Whilst it’s true anyone would objectively pick Hill over Sturt in hindsight, I have a few points I think are relevant and being overlooked:
  • Hill was drafted by GWS and wasn’t long trying to get out of there. One of his reasons for a trade request in the 2021 trade period was “I want to play big games like Dreamtime and Anzac Day”, when he looked to get to Essendon. Does this sound like the kinda guy that would have stuck around here?
  • he was also managed by Colin Young and I reckon he would have been out of here quick pronto had we drafted him.
  • This “one of our own” bullshit I’m hearing applied to Liam Henry and Brad hill and griffin Logue and Blake acres and Rory Lobb too - didn’t mean shit in the end. Sam Sturt is one of our own. Those blokes definitely aren’t.

Sturt getting abused by fans that constantly defend a FIGJAM flog like Liam Henry that showed no loyalty whatsoever to our club is a bit hard to stomach.

Finally and most importantly:
This person (so-called draft expert) wanted us to draft Deven Robertson at pick 8 instead of Caleb Serong in 2019. Enough said.

Look at the 5 teams below us on the ladder ready to take our spot in the 8, how many of them on current form could we beat?
Its one game so how do you judge current form? Most of those teams turn into sheep as soon as they have to board a plane also.

Going to games and seeing the anchor sign go up on the bench, this should be reserved only for the last 2-3 mins of the GAME not set up shop towards the end of the first half. We should be looking to score regardless of the time on the clock unless holding a small lead very late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back