Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Battle. Get rekt AFL.

can andy brayshaw be kept away from adam cooney's trade scenarios? please

Hubby wrote a polite message to the club last week to say he would be disappointed if Bell was to give up two draft picks for Bolton. He wasn't as opposed to Bolton as I was, but he wasn't keen on having to give up two picks. The response back from the head of membership (we are foundation members) was, "All of our members will have different opinions on different matters, would you like us to go ahead and cancel your membership?"

At no point did he threaten to hand in his membership, so wtf?!?

Hubby wrote a polite message to the club last week to say he would be disappointed if Bell was to give up two draft picks for Bolton. He wasn't as opposed to Bolton as I was, but he wasn't keen on having to give up two picks. The response back from the head of membership (we are foundation members) was, "All of our members will have different opinions on different matters, would you like us to go ahead and cancel your membership?"

whats not to like about getting bolton. guys a star.

I think it is the club's way of telling him they don't give a flying fart what he thinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is the club's way of telling him they don't give a flying fart what he thinks.
if he had have said it in a rude way, then sure
But, as members you should be able to voice an opinion without that response (which was not very professional)
He didn't even say "I don't want Bolton", he suggested the draft picks were too much (which was an opinion shared by a lot of members)

That’s lovely…what exactly did he expect them to do after this expression of disappointment?

Your husband being an expert in football, talent ID, the draft and trading after all?

The Office Boss GIF

Maybe it was written by Chat GPT

That’s lovely…what exactly did he expect them to do after this expression of disappointment?

Your husband being an expert in football, talent ID, the draft and trading after all?
A more professional response?
They actually asked him what he thought of the club, as our membership was due. He said he was fairly pleased and excited for next year, but hoped Bell wouldn’t give up two draft picks.
Others, without blinkers on, were surprised by how unprofessional their response was.
Personally, I would expect nothing less than being bullied for having a different opinion to others on here, but not for a professional organisation that depends on membership.

They probably get a lot of negative mail ( and not much positive) and their default response is “ would you like us to cancel your membership “
We had considered that, and it would become annoying. They were probably better off ignoring it,

Imagine every club gets correspondence like this, it definitely wouldn't hurt to have a somewhat 'professional' response though. What is there to gain from antagonising members who express an opinion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back