Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

A change of Government is due and no one seems to like Giggles as premier.

I early voted in the Mermaid Beach district and interestingly I asked the leaflet bearers what their party were going to do for the constituents.

liberals just looked at each other and could not answer, I took it as a sign of complacency as they have held the seat for a long time

I then asked Labor and he stated “change”. I know he was talking about the seat but I must admit it felt like “change for more of the same”

They are all self serving sharks IMO

That’s awesome Choppers you must be very proud of them 👍
I most certainly am and very proud of their older brother too, who doesn't have an athletic bone in his body, but is very gifted in the Agricultural Science field, having graduated from Kasetstart Uni, where he now works, leading and teaching students on field trips all over Thailand.

A change of Government is due and no one seems to like Giggles as premier.

I early voted in the Mermaid Beach district and interestingly I asked the leaflet bearers what their party were going to do for the constituents.

liberals just looked at each other and could not answer, I took it as a sign of complacency as they have held the seat for a long time

I then asked Labor and he stated “change”. I know he was talking about the seat but I must admit it felt like “change for more of the same”

They are all self serving sharks IMO
Mermaid Beach is an interesting electorate. Ray Stevens has held the seat since it was created in 2009, but the LNP have progressively lost their stronghold on it over the years. To the point that it became a marginal seat (under 5% difference) in 2020. One would think it would be a fairly safe seat for the LNP given the demographics/wealth in the area but that doesn't necesssarily seem to be the case. I doubt it'll swing to Labor on Saturday but they do seem to be within striking distance of the LNP this time around and we know a lot of interstate people have moved here since COVID, which potentially means we'll see some unexpected results this weekend.

Up until this week it seemed like the LNP/Crisafulli had this election in the bag. They'll probably still win but polls over the last week suggest Labor might be staging a comeback. Most likely too little, too late.

Mermaid Beach is an interesting electorate. Ray Stevens has held the seat since it was created in 2009, but the LNP have progressively lost their stronghold on it over the years. To the point that it became a marginal seat (under 5% difference) in 2020. One would think it would be a fairly safe seat for the LNP given the demographics/wealth in the area but that doesn't necesssarily seem to be the case. I doubt it'll swing to Labor on Saturday but they do seem to be within striking distance of the LNP this time around and we know a lot of interstate people have moved here since COVID, which potentially means we'll see some unexpected results this weekend.

Up until this week it seemed like the LNP/Crisafulli had this election in the bag. They'll probably still win but polls over the last week suggest Labor might be staging a comeback. Most likely too little, too late.
I’m not a fan of giggles and his government but equally it would be great to see Ray get a scare, far too comfortable IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back