Autopsy VFL - Roast, Toast and Discussion (Bye next week)

Who was your best on ground for the AFL listed players vs Port Melbourne (3, 2 and 1 vote)?

• Corey Ellis

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Anthony Miles

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • Tyson Stengle

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noah Balta

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Callum Moore

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nathan Broad

• Oleg Markov

• Patrick Naish

• Liam Baker

• Mabior Chol

• Shaun Hampson

• Ivan Soldo

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Ben Miller

• Nathan Drummond

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the wraps and votes. Much appreciated. Sounds like a great day with lots of improvements noted and some players building form to knock on the door. Unless it's a like-for-like injury replacement, I've always thought players should knock the door down with their form and force selectors to pick them. It's only been one game but let's hope players who would compliment the seniors keep putting the pressure on.

It’s great to hear that a lot of kids are knocking the door down to get into the seniors. I’m still puzzled (in a good way ) on how 30 plus will fit into 22.
Conca Short Kmac BEllis Lloyd Grigg Lambert George and even Astbury and Grimes will need to be on their toes as these ambitious kids look like they mean business. Caddy Prestia and Broad will be ins hopefully all next week so there’s three ins already . Fringe players and non performers will be on notice today.

I only caught the first & last qtrs. Shai and Stengle had a great start. Balta looked composed & Baker was getting a lot of it. I already think Soldo did OK at AFL level but I like the team balance yesterday where Hampson didnt seem to be on the ground much. Gave Soldo a good opp.; Not sure how good the Port ruck was. Chol pretty good too. Didn't notice Moore; not frothing too much about Miles or Cellis. Did the commentators say something about Port losing a few players with hundreds of games of experience? The game looked practice match intensity but I'm pleased the team put the knife to the opposition.

I only caught the first & last qtrs. Shai and Stengle had a great start. Balta looked composed & Baker was getting a lot of it. I already think Soldo did OK at AFL level but I like the team balance yesterday where Hampson didnt seem to be on the ground much. Gave Soldo a good opp.; Not sure how good the Port ruck was. Chol pretty good too. Didn't notice Moore; not frothing too much about Miles or Cellis. Did the commentators say something about Port losing a few players with hundreds of games of experience? The game looked practice match intensity but I'm pleased the team put the knife to the opposition.
Port still had 15 premiership players playing, so still a decent team.

Soldo was jumping at the ball and moving pretty well. A Jacobs type who took a few years to come on. Good backup.
Would love to see Chol really lead at the ball, with that speed and jump would be impossible to stop.
Baker was surprisingly impressive.
A few times Naish under pressure did well, classy with lots to work with.
All the 3 tall backs were very good. Liked the look of Millar, 18 years old, looked like a seasoned full back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if C Ellis comes back into senior side it must be as a mid/fwd seems to be where he plays his most natural and comfortable footy.

Then his coming in is not only dependant on his form but also on our team balance.
Agreed whole heartedly ,

Indeed, but I think if he ever gets the opportunity to be the main man in the centre in the AFL team he has the ability to get similar numbers.
How do you get in the centre above people like Dusty, Cotch, Caddy, Graham? It’s going to be a tough gig just to get a look in there for the kid unfortunately. :(

How do you get in the centre above people like Dusty, Cotch, Caddy, Graham? It’s going to be a tough gig just to get a look in there for the kid unfortunately. :(

It’s tough, he has time on his hands though. It’s more a case of his team mates feeling as confident giving it to him as they are giving it off to Cotch/Dusty.
He needs to have more intensity at AFL level, and although he had a ripping game yesterday, I still saw him be a bit standoffish at the contest. I may have been looking too closely but he needs to learn to impose himself on the contest.
He is calm through traffic and has a lot of tricks. Needs to demonstrate that at AFL level.

Miles 34 disposals(15 kicks 19 handballs) 4 marks 5 tackles 2 goals
Ellis 28 disposals(12 kicks 16 handballs 3 marks 9 tackles 1.2
Balta 21 disposals(16 kicks 5 handballs) 6 marks 2 tackles 0.1
Baker 19 disposals(13 kicks 6 handballs) 4 marks 2 tackles 0.1
Stengle 17 disposals(11 kicks 6 handballs) 5 marks 4 tackles 3 goals
Bolton 15 disposals(7 kicks 8 handballs) 5 marks 3 tackles 3.1
Moore 14 disposals(8 kicks 6 handballs) 6 marks 3 tackles 2.3
Naish 14 disposals(6 kicks 8 handballs) 1 mark 1 tackle 1 goal
Markov 13 disposals(8 kicks 5 handballs) 3 marks 4 tackles 0.1
Menadue 12 disposals(7 kicks 5 handballs) 1 tackle 0.1 played first half only
Drummond 11 disposals(6 kicks 5 handballs) 3 marks 7 tackles 1 goal
Broad 11 disposals(7 kicks 4 handballs) 4 marks 2 tackles
Soldo 10 disposals(7 kicks 3 handballs) 4 marks 5 tackles 31 hitouts 1.1
Miller 9 disposals(7 kicks 2 handballs) 2 marks 1 tackle
Chol 7 disposals(6 kicks 1 handball) 4 marks 3 tackles 1 hitout 3 goals
Hampson 7 disposals(3 kicks 4 handballs) 3 tackles 16 hitouts 0.1
Garthwaite 7 disposals(7 kicks) 5 marks 1 tackle.

Menadue was off at half time I think, seniors backup. Markov didn't get much of it, but played okay. Not a great day for half backs due to ball being in our forward half much of the day... although Balta had a cracker at CHB.
Ah. Missed the played first half only comment. Have high hopes for the Due.

Balta gets me excited also.

Back