Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How’s the ladder looking ?
The same as normal.

Non-Melbourne sides who have retained a strong home ground advantage, and play a number of away games at grounds that aren't actually their opponents home ground (aka neutral venues) are again dominating the ladder.

AFL House policy working as designed.

The same as normal.

Non-Melbourne sides who have retained a strong home ground advantage, and play a number of away games at grounds that aren't actually their opponents home ground (aka neutral venues) are again dominating the ladder.

AFL House policy working as designed.
Any home ground advantage for non-Melb clubs is obviously cancelled out by the lack of away ground disadvantage for Melbourne based clubs when playing other Melbourne based clubs.

Any home ground advantage for non-Melb clubs is obviously cancelled out by the lack of away ground disadvantage for Melbourne based clubs when playing other Melbourne based clubs.
Yep. Lots of theoretical advantages and disadvantages for people to point at - but could you get a more even home and away comp than we're watching this year. Shouldn't be any carry on in finals either - as there might not be any of the MCG full tenants there.

Yep. Lots of theoretical advantages and disadvantages for people to point at - but could you get a more even home and away comp than we're watching this year. Shouldn't be any carry on in finals either - as there might not be any of the MCG full tenants there.
Are you seriously suggesting the Bulldogs or Essendon wouldn't have an advantage over Fremantle or Brisbane in a grand final because they are not full-time MCG tenants? Surely you jest.

Are you seriously suggesting the Bulldogs or Essendon wouldn't have an advantage over Fremantle or Brisbane in a grand final because they are not full-time MCG tenants? Surely you jest.
Essendon won't make it.

Dogs barely ever play at the G and will be forced to play "home" finals there - Cats the same - so no I don't think they have an advantage in the finals. More in the crowd on GF day would barrack for Dogs (probably not Cats), but heaps will be neutrals barracking for Dogs for the day - not exactly a Collingwood cauldron.

But you keep looking for something to cling onto to claim victim status.

Essendon won't make it.

Dogs barely ever play at the G and will be forced to play "home" finals there - Cats the same - so no I don't think they have an advantage in the finals. More in the crowd on GF day would barrack for Dogs (probably not Cats), but heaps will be neutrals barracking for Dogs for the day - not exactly a Collingwood cauldron.

This myth that the crowd largely equals out continues, I see. Like how the Eagles were playing the most hated team in Victoria yet Collingwood somehow had a massive crowd advantage in 2018.

Then you ignore the fact that elite sports people are creatures of habit, routine is important to them. It's immeasurable so no one is ever going to be able to put it in a graph for you, but the routine of getting out of bed and heading down the road is much easier than getting on a plane and travelling across the country to stay in a hotel without your family.

But keep pretending the Dogs or Cats or Essendon would have no advantage playing in their home town against an non-Victorian team.

Essendon won't make it.

Outside of the Covid season, Geelong have averaged about 7-8 MCG games a year for the last 15 years. Geelong is extremely familiar with the MCG. They seem to get the best of everyworld.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This myth that the crowd largely equals out continues, I see. Like how the Eagles were playing the most hated team in Victoria yet Collingwood somehow had a massive crowd advantage in 2018.

You might not have heard, but Collingwood have a big supporter base. So not only do we get the club members allocation, quite a lot of MCC members support Collingwood and a lot of AFL members support Collingwood. And many more willing to buy scalped tickets for a small fortune. But still a goal in a Collingwood granny is decibels quieter than in a Collingwood prelim

A lot less supporters in all those other categories for both Cats and Dogs. Heaps of Vics have a soft spot for the dogs as they've been perennial underdogs, so they'd get a big slice of the neutrals. Cats wouldn't.

Last edited:
Outside of the Covid season, Geelong have averaged about 7-8 MCG games a year for the last 15 years. Geelong is extremely familiar with the MCG. They seem to get the best of everyworld.
Yeah sorry I worded it badly - when I meant same with the Cats, I was just referring to home finals - not how often they've played at the G.

I agree that they get an excellent run in terms of home and away - a home ground where they rarely lose and a lot of other games at a venue they play really often that is only a bus ride away, but they don't get an excellent run in terms of finals - they don't get home finals and often have to play them at other team's home ground.

When you look back at this run of mainly Vic flags and drill down on what ifs if it was even in terms of home ground finals - I think you can make a strong case that they're the club that has been the most impacted due to the final's series fixturing. could have had a couple more.

Last edited:
What's funny Farang83150 ?

If it was home finals and Granny for higher ranked team:

2008 - Cats probably win it with a Kardinia Park grand final

2010 - they finsihed 2nd and lost their first final at the MCG by less than a goal. Probably would have made the Granny, but Collingwood would have beaten them

2016 - they lost an MCG prelim that would have been at Kardinia park. Winning that would have given them a home grand final against the Dogs

2019 - finished top - lost an MCG final to Collingwood by a small margin - No one was beating the Tiges that year

So 1 maybe 2 more flags for them. a couple more runner ups.

Lol. The Gaslighting. Now Geelong has been hard done by! In my Best Hutchy/shitty Victorian accent "Give Us a Spweall!"

Which of those finals years do you think they weren't disadvantaged by the finals series?

But yes, overall when you look at all factors, the Cats haven't been disadvantaged.

Last edited:
Which team played in Perth, Geelong, Launceston, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra the last six weeks?
The two rounds before that were home games, but one had to be marvel stadium
Tip it’s not Team Taylor swift

The only arduous trip there is the journey to Perth. Geelong? That's an hour down the highway. A flight to Adelaide from Melbourne is what an hour? Ditto Melbourne to Canberra.

It isn't cancelled out is the point.

They non-Melbourne clubs always have more games where they enjoy a true ground advantage compared to where they actually experience a ground disadvantage.

The H&A ladder reflects the bias, as non-Melbourne based teams are over-represented in top4 positions.

Exactly as would expect based on AFL House policy that reduced home ground advantage for Melbourne teams only.

The only arduous trip there is the journey to Perth. Geelong? That's an hour down the highway. A flight to Adelaide from Melbourne is what an hour? Ditto Melbourne to Canberra.
Good to know you think that flights of under 2 hrs dont count as any travel impost.

So it is laughable that SA and NSW based teams continue to claim they have a travel disadvantage

After excluding their small trips involving flights of less than 2 hours, Port only actually have 2 arduous away trips in 2024, with one in Rd24 which they then get a bye to recover from!

Will we see Port lose more undeserved home finals in 2024 after the biased H&A fixture again gifts them an inflated ladder position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back