Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What travel factor , we're continually told it's not one!
Ground advantage factor is much larger than travel.

Hence Hawthorn enjoying an advantage in Tasmania despite travelling, Gold Coast enjoying an advantage in Darwin despite travelling, Giants an advantage in Canberra despite travelling.

Dees vs CWD get the Friday night match in rd 24. Likely a dead rubber. Meanwhile Freo vs Port will likely have top 4 on the line.
In rd24 they want to ensure the Sunday games will have finals implications.

Could be a faint scenario where Pies win on Friday and they temporarily make the 8.

If you leave that til Sunday, it may already be mathematically impossible for CWD to make it.

So much more likely that Freo v Port will have finals implications, so they want that last to ensure multiple supporter groups watch as they have an interest in the result.

In rd24 they want to ensure the Sunday games will have finals implications.

Could be a faint scenario where Pies win on Friday and they temporarily make the 8.

If you leave that til Sunday, it may already be mathematically impossible for CWD to make it.

So much more likely that Freo v Port will have finals implications, so they want that last to ensure multiple supporter groups watch as they have an interest in the result.
I guess my point is if it were 2 big Vic clubs in this position would they still be playing Sunday twilight or would it get the Friday night treatment.

I guess my point is if it were 2 big Vic clubs in this position would they still be playing Sunday twilight or would it get the Friday night treatment.
You mean like how in the final round of 2022 they put Carlton v Collingwood in the Sunday arvo game.

And last year they went with Carlton again.

Your point, like most of the vic bias whinging, is a big sook about nothing.

You mean like how in the final round of 2022 they put Carlton v Collingwood in the Sunday arvo game.

And last year they went with Carlton again.

Your point, like most of the vic bias whinging, is a big sook about nothing.
CWD / CAR wasn't the Sunday twilight game, that was still at least the 'main' Sunday game on FTA. The twilight game that year was STK / SYD. Meanwhile the Friday night game was BRI vs MEL (3rd vs 4th at the time). Which at the time of this fixture release looks somewhat like what FRE/PA would be.

CWD / CAR wasn't the Sunday twilight game, that was still at least the 'main' Sunday game on FTA. The twilight game that year was STK / SYD. Meanwhile the Friday night game was BRI vs MEL (3rd vs 4th at the time). Which at the time of this fixture release looks somewhat like what FRE/PA would be.
Fre/PA also looks like the CWD/CAr and Syd/STK games of 2022 - potential big finals ramifications.

Despite the evenness, this years last round is projecting as likely to be a bit lacklustre - fair chance the final 8 is decided already - so they have gone with a likely top 4 jockeying game to keep to the end.

It still appears that you haven't caught on yet, they deliberately attempt to fixture games that will have finals implications on Sunday in the final round.

Your VICBias sook was if two big Vic clubs were like Port and Freo, it would be on Friday - when just two years ago Coll v Carl was on Sunday.

They want to attempt to have live games going on Sunday - and best bet right now from ladder and fixture is that result of Freo v Port will have big finals implications.

WB v GWS could have been another option to finish, but infrastructure not good enough at Bal to have the game played under lights.

Bit rich to be complaining about getting a stand alone game in Sunday prime time over East.

The standard misplaced VICBias sook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fre/PA also looks like the CWD/CAr and Syd/STK games of 2022 - potential big finals ramifications.

Despite the evenness, this years last round is projecting as likely to be a bit lacklustre - fair chance the final 8 is decided already - so they have gone with a likely top 4 jockeying game to keep to the end.
I guess using the same rationale, having Collingwood lock up the minor premiership made the perfect Friday night MCG Rd 24 game last year. No point in leaving that until Sun.
Especially following Friday night games in Rd 23. And Rd 22. And Rd 20. (Rd 21 the exception, a Sat game… at the MCG).

Perfect preparation for 2 Friday night finals. At the MCG.

At least the Grand Final was a neutral venue. At the MCG.

Not quite the 2010 dream run not leaving the MCG from mid July, but same result.

Hence Hawthorn enjoying an advantage in Tasmania despite travelling, Gold Coast enjoying an advantage in Darwin despite travelling, Giants an advantage in Canberra despite travelling.
Collingwood enjoying an advantage at the g without finishing higher?

I guess using the same rationale, having Collingwood lock up the minor premiership made the perfect Friday night MCG Rd 24 game last year. No point in leaving that until Sun.
Especially following Friday night games in Rd 23. And Rd 22. And Rd 20. (Rd 21 the exception, a Sat game… at the MCG).

Perfect preparation for 2 Friday night finals. At the MCG.

At least the Grand Final was a neutral venue. At the MCG.

Not quite the 2010 dream run not leaving the MCG from mid July, but same result.

Research shows that teams win 50% of games on Fri night. It's much lower on the other days. It really helps you win. The AFL are cheating for us..

I mean yeah, they won 59 games from 80 or something, but I’d argue that they would have won those games anywhere, as it was majority during their three peat flag/dominant finals contending years.

I mean yeah, they won 59 games from 80 or something, but I’d argue that they would have won those games anywhere, as it was majority during their three peat flag/dominant finals contending years.
When they travelled 9-10 times per year?

Like in 2015, when they had more trips than WC.

Hawks are the Melbourne based club who plays the least games in Melbourne, they travel to get a ground advantage.

Travel aint the big factor, ground advantage is...and that is enjoyed by non-Melbourne teams.

When they travelled 9-10 times per year?

Like in 2015, when they had more trips than WC.

Hawks are the Melbourne based club who plays the least games in Melbourne, they travel to get a ground advantage.

Travel aint the big factor, ground advantage is...and that is enjoyed by non-Melbourne teams.
Ok. Does collingwood hold a home ground advantage at the G?

(Also. WCE and hawks travelled 11 times. We don’t count finals, they get skewed by who finishes higher. Even then WCE had 1 extra home game. Would like to add the last 3 games hawks played were home games. WCE still had to travel. )

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back