Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a good point. No team will fly in and out same day so it is always 2 days, sometimes 3. People can quibble about hours, but its 2 days. Which is significant when the AFL is run on a, predominantly, 6 or 7 day schedule for most teams most weeks. Impacts rehab, recovery, coaching etc. I know the Lions have had a bad run of it this year because of the draw we were given, 2x WA, 3x SA etc.
Answer me this.
If recovery is bad, how do WC keep winning at home after traveling, that's when they need to recover, not before they travel?

If recovery was the problem, non-Vics wouldn't have great home ground records would they?

They don't recover before they travel, it's after we are talking about, you know, before they play a home game.

You know the words I used earlier in this thread? The words "willful ignoriance".

I think those words apply here.

Well no surprises with VAFL House " only cautioning" McCrae about bagging out the umpiring 'circus' in the post game interview.

Had a good old vent and whinge. Basically calling the umpires clowns.

And gets nothing. A caution.

And every other coach says "No comment. Can't talk about umpiring. Will lose too much money getting fined.

Some clubs are just treated differently to others. That's plain to see.

I am saying around 2 days for an interstate game, and Collingwood average lets say 7 less interstate games than a non-Victorian team. So 14 or 15 days less travel.

It is obviously not exact, but it does begin to show how much more time Pendlebury has been able to spend at home during his career than a player like Shannon Hurn did during his.
7 fewer trips on average?

Citation please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is willful ignorance at this point. Victorian fans know they have an advantage, they just don't want to acknowledge it.

He was talking about a Collingwood Sydney game in Sydney.

Not sure what the fuss is. Clear 50 - also clearly more likely to have been paid in front of a home state crowd and less likely in front of an away crowd. The issue here is that Non-Vic clubs and fans only want to hear and talk about their disadvantages. They go apoplectic when their advantages are pointed out.

Not sure what the fuss is. Clear 50 - also clearly more likely to have been paid in front of a home state crowd and less likely in front of an away crowd. The issue here is that Non-Vic clubs and fans only want to hear and talk about their disadvantages. They go apoplectic when their advantages are pointed out.
We can now officially welcome Fly to the Collingwood Football Club, it was looking too much like people loved him, now everything has aligned, they hate him like they do Collingwood.

The AFL should schedule games so that clubs like WCE are on the road for 17-18 days at time, play 3 games interstate without travelling home, then head back to Perth for a month or so. Sure, players and staff will be away from their families for 2.5 weeks of travel, but then they'll only have to travel 3 times a year and have plenty of rest in between.

They'll have to do a deal with the grounds so that the travelling club can train locally (prefereably at the venue) as well, which will reduce home advantage.

I love our advantages but at the end of the day would swap places with Collingwood if offered. I don't think Collingwood would be of the same mind.

If the government built Vic Park to hold our members, I think Collingwood would move from the MCG in a heartbeat.

Our record at the MCG is not as good as some like to think.

If you can work your way up in the Collingwood hierarchy into a position of power and offer this deal, we would be mighty grateful.

I am saying around 2 days for an interstate game, and Collingwood average lets say 7 less interstate games than a non-Victorian team. So 14 or 15 days less travel.

It is obviously not exact, but it does begin to show how much more time Pendlebury has been able to spend at home during his career than a player like Shannon Hurn did during his.
Why would we say 7 less interstate games. It's wrong. Ignoring gather round - it's been 5 versus 10 - every year for a while now - other than teams who sell home games. For Sydney it's five extra flights to Melbourne ... over a 25 week season. For their 10 home games against travelling teams they get an advantage. For their 10 away games they get a disadvantage. That's just the reality. We can pretend that Collingwood get some big advantage when they play Richmond at the MCG, like the big fuss about the 14 at the G sems to suggest - but we don't get an advantage in games like that. They're neutral games. Is an extra Melb-Syd return flight once every 5 weeks really that big an issue.

Overall advantage in the home and away is bollocks. MCG Grand Final is the only legit claim.

Last edited:
I love our advantages but at the end of the day would swap places with Collingwood if offered. I don't think Collingwood would be of the same mind.

Melbourne clubs have big advantages for supporters with so many more games in our home town. Can't believe some clubs piss that away. And the ground final is a big footballing advantage when we're good enough to get there. But home and away nets out regardless of how much many only mention their travelling disadvatage without looking at the reality that they get exactly the same advantage for the same number of games when teams travel to them. And recruiting clearly in the Northern clubs favour

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back