Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I must have imagined all those priority picks Melbourne got, and also the AFL paying a coach to straighten your club out.
What does my club have to do with this?

As an aside, priority picks are mechanism to help clubs underperforming clubs, and this included Sydney; you've received Anthony Rocca (400 goals), Darren Gaspar (2x AA), Shannon Grant (AA) as priority picks. That you don't know this about your own club demonstrates what a clueless supporter you are.

Edit: Drew Banfield too, 2x premiership player.

LMAO Swans have had as many priority picks as we have.

As an aside, priority picks are mechanism to help clubs underperforming clubs, and this included Sydney; you've received Anthony Rocca (400 goals), Darren Gaspar (2x AA), Shannon Grant (AA) as priority picks. That you don't know this about your own club demonstrates what a clueless supporter you are.

Rocca is an excellent example of why the academies exist as he pissed off back to Melbourne as soon as he could.

yet the stats clearly show the pies don't get a leg up at home.

unlike the swans.
I guess if you only go by the sample size of 11 games from this year and ignore the previous decade where you've regularly been in the top 4 teams for free kick differential % at your home ground.

Not to mention the fact you also play a large number of your "away" games at your home ground where you also feature quite comfortably at the pointy end of the free kick differential % for the past decade.

Edit: Drew Banfield too, 2x premiership player.

LMAO Swans have had as many priority picks as we have.
Banfield was WCE

No. He's pointing out a statistical reality - when playing an interstate team at home, you're more likely to get the rub of the green with umpires. Non- Vic teams get that 10 times for them and 10 times against them. Pies sitting on 5 for them and 5 against them.

Clear 50 wasn't paid, probably would have been if it was in vic against an interstate team. Shit happens. That's just a reality of the game - in every sporting comp in the world. Home team gets the calls.
Rubbish.

Port have played 11 home games this season and have won only 4 free kick counts.
@Home V Vics its 3 wins 4 losses
@home V other 1 win 3 losses

Compared to our 10 game away record
V Vic clubs its 4 losses 2 draws 1 win
V other its 2 losses 1 win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and he just put the thought in every Sydney players head.
Lol, just put it in their thoughts.

News flash, every player on every Non Vic list know the state of play on this topic, having it laid bare by one of your own is no revelation to us as it obviously is to you.
You are quite simply the most insecure people in this entire country, cant handle losing footy because along with shit coffee you have little else to hang your hat on.

Yes, and non-Victorian teams at the bottom of the ladder lose more than Victorian teams at the bottom of the ladder.
You seen the players wanting out of the tigers this year?

Lol, just put it in their thoughts.

News flash, every player on every Non Vic list know the state of play on this topic, having it laid bare by one of your own is no revelation to us as it obviously is to you.
You are quite simply the most insecure people in this entire country, cant handle losing footy because along with shit coffee you have little else to hang your hat on.
LMAO, tell us what you really think.

And for your info, I make hat racks, got plenty to hang all my hats on.

It's baffling when someone tries to claim that a Melb-based side has no home ground advantage against another Melb-based side when playing in Melbourne, but then argues that Melb-based sides still have away ground disadvantage when playing an away game in Melbourne. You can't have one without the other.
It's baffling that people just make up whatever they want.

Collingwood v Richmond at the G, there is no advantage to either team.

Carlton v Essendon at the G, there is no advantage to either team.

It really isnt hard to follow

Both teams are familiar with the ground
Both teams have what 25k fans at the game

No advantage and no disadvantage, neutral games
Also, using only this season's ladder as your evidence is quite laughable. Why not look at a full data set of seasons rather than just cherry pick the one season that you think proves your point?
Again, I have used all seasons from the 21st century.

The ladder shows that if you want to finisb top2, you dont want to be a Melbourne based team who play lots of neutral games.

It's baffling that people just make up whatever they want.

Collingwood v Richmond at the G, there is no advantage to either team.

Carlton v Essendon at the G, there is no advantage to either team.

It really isnt hard to follow

Both teams are familiar with the ground
Both teams have what 25k fans at the game

No advantage and no disadvantage, neutral games

Again, I have used all seasons from the 21st century.

The ladder shows that if you want to finisb top2, you dont want to be a Melbourne based team who play lots of neutral games.
Now throw in Richmond’s home game against the Saints yesterday at Marvel and obviously the big bug bear for cats fans when they play home games at the MCG against sides who call the mcg home

The entire "Home Ground" argument often misses the real defining points altogether regarding location and performance.
Without even going into the recognised extra travel kms, flights and recovery effects, every high level athlete and "expert" continually confirms, it's all about the routines, environment and support, both mental and physical at the highest levels.
So you must agree that any club that has to play a "home" game in a different state to where their home is, is clearly at a massive disadvantage.

The real defining differences are being in your own bed, being with your own partner/family, having your friends and family around and at games etc. The mental and physical differences between that reality and being in a hotel room miles away from all of that every second week is absolutely incomparable to any so called "Away Game" that involves you retaining all of that support.
I cant speak for the WAFL, but assume you think that there has never been any home ground advantage in the WAFL.

This is very different to the VFL, home ground advantage and away ground disadvantage was real. It had nothing to do with whether you slept in your bed (you always did), and everything to do with the ground.

Sup guys

Have Port received any leg ups? Or are we the most genuine club trying to win a premiership

Cheers.
Port have taken most father son picks of any team in last 5 drafts.

In addition to most F/S, Port have also benefitted from taking a zone selection in the draft.

In additiin to the F/S and zone drafting, Port benefit from "go home factor" getting a former pick 1, and other best 22 KP players from the go home factor.

And then once you get over list build advantage, talk to on field where Port have 13 games at AO, and of those 11 are games in which they have a genuine home ground advantage over a travelling opponent (the most of any club in the league).

In addition to having the most games with a genuine home ground advantage of any team, Port also benefit from playing "away" games in states (and sometimes countries) that aren't actually the home state (or country) of their opponent.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back