Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing finals prove is that you don’t need certain clubs to create big games(blockbusters).
If you just play the top sides or the games of the week on FTA in the best time slots then everything just takes care of itself.
And there is no reason at all that channel 7 and co in conjunction with the AFL can’t decide each Monday what the games of the round are and what games will be the FTA national broadcast games.

In finals the AFL and their media puppets have no choice because they have rules and they have to pump up all games, do the same to those teams during the season and it will grow all clubs instead of just a couple.

Vicbias ch 7 didn’t thing scg game was worth abbey Holmes time

Suck one Sydney

I don’t think it’s Vic bias, it’s just simply naive and unprofessional to not put the games of the round on in the best time slots.
The clubs they automatically fixture in these slots will get a crowd anyway, they don’t need to be helped.

You want to change the fixture scheduling each week?

Nope just what games are the FTA national broadcast games. That does not need to be pre planned. And even if it did need some time it needs no more than a week or two. That way they could look ahead and see that the Hawthorn v Adelaide game will be a top 4 clash as an example and channel 7 could say that will be one of our national FTA games.

Nope just what games are the FTA national broadcast games. That does not need to be pre planned. And even if it did need some time it needs no more than a week or two. That way they could look ahead and see that the Hawthorn v Adelaide game will be a top 4 clash as an example and channel 7 could say that will be one of our national FTA games.
But they have a contract with Foxtel.
I would love all games to be FTA but those days are gone.

Yep fair enough, probs didn’t think that through. But my main point is the AFL don’t need to put only certain clubs in good timeslots.
They do if they want to keep TV rights at the large value it is. It's not the AFL dictating this it's channel 7.
I agree though, it should be that way but it's easy to understand why.
I can't actually remember the last time my mob was on FTA to be honest

I base my opinions on evidence, stats and facts.
Although I do agree that such things are powerless against the likes of you.
Victorians are more racially and ethnically superior than the other states.

Even the Geelong hillbillies and the Frankston unemployed alcoholic are racially superior to all other people. LoL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people cry about every little thing, players not being interviewed 7 putting one club ahead of another etc.

Just don't f%^$#^ watch if you don't think it's fair, others seem to like it, otherwise it wouldn't be like it is.

That is right up there with "If you don't love it, leave it" bumper stickers over a picture of Australia. We can think something has flaws, want to improve it and still not hate it.

I'll tell you a story about Leon Baker.
He had relatives in a rural property between 2 very small towns in Gippsland, one had a footy team.
He trained with this team and was going to play for them that year, but he couldn't find work.

So he went to the city, met up with Tim Watson and the rest is history.

I'll tell you another story about Leon Baker.
He was working his way around Australia and ended up in Bunbury and decided to stay awhile. He was ok at footy and thought he might try out for one of the local teams. South Bunbury, who were traditionally the strongest club, were unusually near the bottom of the ladder. Baker didn't know anything about the SWNFL and turned up at training one day and asked if he could have a run. The coach took in the long haired scruffy looking young bloke with a moth eaten footy jumper and boots that were falling apart and said "sure, why not?"
One training session later Leon had a contract, new boots and the rest is history. Recruited by Swans where he played in 2 premierships in 3 years before going to Essendon.

Victorians are more racially and ethnically superior than the other states.

Even the Geelong hillbillies and the Frankston unemployed alcoholic are racially superior to all other people. LoL
Don't feel bad about it F-man, I'm sure you can still make a meaningful contribution to society. You're wrong about people from Geelong though, I don't know where you could possibly have got that from. Sky News or some other grifter source?

That is right up there with "If you don't love it, leave it" bumper stickers over a picture of Australia. We can think something has flaws, want to improve it and still not hate it.
You don't even get what my point was.

The point is, it's not about you,they don't give a crap if you watch or not, they have the audience they want, that's why they play the teams they do in the timeslots they do.
You don't have to watch, but you do, then complain every F^%$#.
week about something or other.

It's like you go do a very popular restaurant and complain about the menu, even though everyone else is ok with it.

You don't even get what my point was.

The point is, it's not about you,they don't give a crap if you watch or not, they have the audience they want, that's why they play the teams they do in the timeslots they do.
You don't have to watch, but you do, then complain every F^%$#.
week about something or other.

It's like you go do a very popular restaurant and complain about the menu, even though everyone else is ok with it.

The AFL would very very much care if non-Victorian fans on mass stopped watching.

Home ground advantage is absolutely backed by evidence. It’s such a big factor and unfortunately is unlikely to change. The only fair thing is to ensure non Victorian clubs have as many concessions as possible to stay competitive because playing the GF at home has basically been proven to be advantageous.

Players admit it, coaches do. Craig Macrae even stupidly mouthed off about it when Collingwood lost to Sydney. ‘That wouldn’t have been paid at the MCG’. That is absolutely true. He knows it, he mouthed off as he was emotional but he did something the AFL would have hated.

I am still staggered by people (Victorian supporters here) not admitting it. My club is an MCG tenant. It’s so obvious. If you looked at where WC, Fremantle, Adelaide, Brisbane etc win the majority of their games it would be at home. Why on earth is that different for a GF? It isn’t.

I hope that Brisbane or GWS can get through Geelong in a PF, it’s unlikely but it’s a chance. I also hope that Port responds against Hawthorn or if they don’t (unlikely again) Sydney sorts them in a PF. An all Sydney GF would be an amazing spectacle, but in true Victorian form the supporters here would tune out because it’s not a Victorian team there. You’d have to sack BT for the day as well as his performance would be so uninterested and pathetic it would ruin the game for viewers.

I’m sure if you watched or listened to any of the national sports media this morning, you would be convinced that it is a Victorian Football League.

Abysmally atrocious in its bias
As bad as BT’s commentary

I’m sure if you watched or listened to any of the national sports media this morning, you would be convinced that it is a Victorian Football League.

Abysmally atrocious in its bias
As bad as BT’s commentary

You want the AFL to stop selling TV rights and become a media company that ensures equal coverage towards smaller markets? And also somehow stops footy shows from other outlets paying more attention to the bigger market.

Sounds like a great idea ...

One thing finals prove is that you don’t need certain clubs to create big games(blockbusters).
If you just play the top sides or the games of the week on FTA in the best time slots then everything just takes care of itself.
And there is no reason at all that channel 7 and co in conjunction with the AFL can’t decide each Monday what the games of the round are and what games will be the FTA national broadcast games.
You want all the Victorian based Channel 7 and AFL executives deciding which is the most interesting games each week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back