Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You should write a letter to Rupert Murdoch and let him know that Newscorp is not for profit.

Or are you suggesting that the AFL shouldn't sell broadcast rights and broadcast themselves - that'd go well...

Or maybe you're one of the fantasists who thinks that the AFL can and should control Fox Footy content ...
Fox footy and AFL are a marriage made in heaven. Birds of a feather and all that.

Witness the fapping over the Sydney giants ‘greates final ever’ by all media and get back to us about vicbias

It was a good game though
You mean the Qualifying Final that should've been played on Friday night, but was instead pushed aside for an Elimination Final held in Melbourne between two Victorian sides?

You should write a letter to Rupert Murdoch and let him know that Newscorp is not for profit.

Or are you suggesting that the AFL shouldn't sell broadcast rights and broadcast themselves - that'd go well...

Or maybe you're one of the fantasists who thinks that the AFL can and should control Fox Footy content ...

No but the AFL could put the bid out for TV rights and say that we the AFL set the fixture, we set the days and times teams play and it will be done so all sides play in the perceived best time slots and all clubs are given as much as possible national exposure.
These TV rights are for you to bid on to broadcast our product, Please propose a bid to do this. You the broadcaster will not have a say in who plays where or when.

You know just like it always was.

No but the AFL could put the bid out for TV rights and say that we the AFL set the fixture, we set the days and times teams play and it will be done so all sides play in the perceived best time slots and all clubs are given as much as possible national exposure.
These TV rights are for you to bid on to broadcast our product, Please propose a bid to do this. You the broadcaster will not have a say in who plays where or when.

Yeah the fixture is different to complaints about a commentator talking more about Carlton than Freo. Blaming the AFL for the fixture is fine - but blaming them for what BT or any other Fox Footy commentator says is absurd?

Yep, they could do that, or they could do what 7 dictate to what they want or "we are not paying that price".

So they could lose a billion and do what you say, or just do what they do now.

Yeah, the idea that the AFL has to appease Fox is laughably naive, traditional TV is struggling and live sporting events are their jewel in the crown. Streamers are lining up to snatch sporting content. The AFL could make pretty much any demands it wants of Fox and they would capitulate.

except the Non Vic sides prefer the current set up that guarantees local coverage. Its never been a wedge issue when it comes to TV rights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, they could do that, or they could do what 7 dictate to what they want or "we are not paying that price".

So they could lose a billion and do what you say, or just do what they do now.

I don’t know have they asked? What would be the difference? I reckon very little. You say a billion that’s a big gap

I don’t know have they asked? What would be the difference? I reckon very little. You say a billion that’s a big gap
You don't think they sit there for a while a work out what each wants?

7 are not paying top $$ to put GWS and GC on prime time, they want Collingwood v Essendon eg.

Yes it's a big gap if they don't get to play the games they want, that generates revenue from ads.

And why do you think the AFL want to change it anyway?
Because a few people on bigfooty don't like it, but watch anyway, I really don't think you scare them.

except the Non Vic sides prefer the current set up that guarantees local coverage. Its never been a wedge issue when it comes to TV rights.

Yep. SA and WA get every one of the local club's games on FTA. Not sure about the Northern states. Something that won't happen in Victoria because the AFL don't want to devalue the stremaing rights any more. They'll take the smaller hit in the smaller market to keep them happy. Not for the Vics. Too big a market. Too much money involved and Vic's pay. But hey, Fox Footy employees like BT mean that the AFL are rigging broadcasting for Victoria.

Last edited:
You don't think they sit there for a while a work out what each wants?

7 are not paying top $$ to put GWS and GC on prime time, they want Collingwood v Essendon eg.

Yes it's a big gap if they don't get to play the games they want, that generates revenue from ads.

And why do you think the AFL want to change it anyway?
Because a few people on bigfooty don't like it, but watch anyway, I really don't think you scare them.

Not trying to scare anyone, thought I was having an adult chat more than anything else …..

Not trying to scare anyone, thought I was having an adult chat more than anything else …..
You don't like how the AFL do things, that's very obvious, you tell us every other week about what pisses you off.

The AFL are not worried if you like it or not ie: not scared of you, they know you watch anyway and nearly every club have record membership, to me that says, what the AFL are doing, is working.

Wouldn't it be different, if instead of crying about what you hate, give a little credit where due, just because you don't like things, and it shows, you really don't seem to like much to do with the AFL, there are many more that do like what the AFL are doing.

You don't like how the AFL do things, that's very obvious, you tell us every other week about what pisses you off.

The AFL are not worried if you like it or not ie: not scared of you, they know you watch anyway and nearly every club have record membership, to me that says, what the AFL are doing, is working.

Wouldn't it be different, if instead of crying about what you hate, give a little credit where due, just because you don't like things, and it shows, you really don't seem to like much to do with the AFL, there are many more that do like what the AFL are doing.

There is many things i have praised the AFL for. Taking the violence out of the game is one, growing the game nationally with teams is another.
There are many things I think they could do much better and get the same or better result but they don't because they don't want to make change to any status quo. They are a bit of a if it aint broken then don't fix it type of organization.
But what they don't realize is that they are only helping and promoting 15-20% of their league and at some point in the future that will come back and bite them on the arse.

Anyway like you say it is what it is, it aint going to change so you can either ignore these types of threads where we get to have our opinion or you can keep replying and telling us it won't change and we will still voice our opinion.
Up to you either way, not going to lose sleep over it.

There is many things i have praised the AFL for. Taking the violence out of the game is one, growing the game nationally with teams is another.
There are many things I think they could do much better and get the same or better result but they don't because they don't want to make change to any status quo. They are a bit of a if it aint broken then don't fix it type of organization.
But what they don't realize is that they are only helping and promoting 15-20% of their league and at some point in the future that will come back and bite them on the arse.

Anyway like you say it is what it is, it aint going to change so you can either ignore these types of threads where we get to have our opinion or you can keep replying and telling us it won't change and we will still voice our opinion.
Up to you either way, not going to lose sleep over it.
Or I could keep coming in here and pointing out how some petty things seem to upset you lot, like the other day a player wasn't interviewed and you thought you would even start a thread about it.
Seriously?
Now here you are telling me to do what you hate others doing to you, saying if you don't like it don't read it.

You know it gets funnier all the time, how do you think I am going to resist this thread?

Or I could keep coming in here and pointing out how some petty things seem to upset you lot, like the other day a player wasn't interviewed and you thought you would even start a thread about it.
Seriously?
Now here you are telling me to do what you hate others doing to you, saying if you don't like it don't read it.

You know it gets funnier all the time, how do you think I am going to resist this thread?

Or it could get even funnier if you recruit another couple of Pies fans to come in and keep defending their advantages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back