State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting week at selection. Do we keep Seymour in or bring Puck back for a game at the WACA? We can't take two spinners, does Merlo get a look in as an all rounder at 6? Do we keep Murphy after a match winning performance or back the experience of Holland? Does young McClure make his FC debut and we go with 4 seamers plus spin from JFM/Maddinson/Short or Maxwell (if available)? For me:

Pucovski
Dean
Handscomb
Maddinson
Fraser-McGurk
Merlo/Maxwell (if available)
Harper (+)
Pattinson
Sutherland
Perry
Holland (if Maxy unavailable)/McClure (if Maxy available)

Absolute must to have 4 seamers at the WACA. If need be we can also get spin from JFM and Maddo.

Pretty fair game by Murphy

WA has a stack of left handers so dutchy will play no question,

as i've mentioned. i'd pick McClure over patto, patto last two games have been muh with the height i'd love to see McClure have a dip..

as i've mentioned. i'd pick McClure over patto, patto last two games have been muh with the height i'd love to see McClure have a dip..
Nah.

Interesting week at selection. Do we keep Seymour in or bring Puck back for a game at the WACA? We can't take two spinners, does Merlo get a look in as an all rounder at 6? Do we keep Murphy after a match winning performance or back the experience of Holland? Does young McClure make his FC debut and we go with 4 seamers plus spin from JFM/Maddinson/Short or Maxwell (if available)? For me:

Pucovski
Dean
Handscomb
Maddinson
Fraser-McGurk
Merlo/Maxwell (if available)
Harper (+)
Pattinson
Sutherland
Perry
Holland (if Maxy unavailable)/McClure (if Maxy available)

Absolute must to have 4 seamers at the WACA. If need be we can also get spin from JFM and Maddo.

I’d be keeping Murphy and possibly resting Patto depending on how short the turnaround is to the final.

I’d also be going 6 batsmen, Harper and 4 bowlers. A draw is as good as a win.

Plus we are locked into the final so it’s a chan e to try a couple of players. See if Murphy can back it up with the possibility of 2 spinners if we get a home final.

Wouldn't an off spinner be more effective spinning the ball away from left handers than a left arm orthodox spinning it in to them (all other things being equal)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We get Harris and Boland back for the final whilst WAs players are in the limited overs squad as well!
Are they sending them back now?

Huge selection dilemma after that.

Are they sending them back now?

Huge selection dilemma after that.

Game finishes Friday so they’ll come back after and final not till Thursday next week.
Locks
Harris, Puckovski, Handscomb, Maddinson
Boland, Holland, Perry, Sutherland

They won’t change keepers so Harper survives, leaves 2 spots for a batsman and all rounder. Dean would be very unlucky if he missed. But the final spot there isn’t a lot of worthy contenders.

I’d probably go the 2 spinners again if at home so Patto misses much to the trolls delight but so would Short.

Remove this Banner Ad

State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back