Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise same thing has happened in SA, WA (twice), Brisbane (twice) as well as Vic since December?
Victoria has ~25% of Australia's population, yet has had about 66% of the cases and 90% of the deaths.

People can justifiably point fingers in multiple directions, but Victoria specifically stands out here.

Victoria has ~25% of Australia's population, yet has had about 66% of the cases and 90% of the deaths.

People can justifiably point fingers in multiple directions, but Victoria specifically stands out here.

Other states had tiny outbreaks and recovered no dramas. How has this one gone out of a control with a deadlier variant in Victoria?

Vaccinations also reduce but not eliminate transmission.

Yep. If everyone was vaccinated it would be far less likely to spread and far less likely to lead to hospitalisation for those infected - with a few outliers as vaccines are never 100%.

I should be getting my jab in the next 2 weeks. Sister is next week. Parents have had their 1st.

Roughly 22,400 non overseas returnee cases in Australia
19,400 of them in Victoria
2,200 of them in NSW.

Sydney is more dense than Melbourne. In fact, the whole Newcastle-Sydney-Wollongong corridor is fairly dense.

Why aren't we seeing similar catastrophic numbers out of urban NSW or other 'dense' parts of the country?
I meant more using the population vs cases comparison. No doubt as a state it’s been one failure after another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy the presser today guys and girls. The journos are going to be frothing the news! There will be no questions about timeframe, goals, pathway out. They were chomping at the bit the other day for a lockdown.

18 months later and we still don't have a national quarantine strategy, despite having national quarantine facilities.
This is ridiculous.

Enjoy the presser today guys and girls. The journos are going to be frothing the news! There will be no questions about timeframe, goals, pathway out. They were chomping at the bit the other day for a lockdown.
Journos are human too.
Nobody wants a lockdown.

Stay safe folks, hope the footy is still on (games moved interstate) so at least you can watch it on the telly while in lockdown.

Why are we paying for their mistakes? Why isn't anyone held accountable for their decisions and incompetencies? We are the only ones that pay. Its all on the government, but nobody is held accountable.

I know you don't like to read and all, but we are the ones who elect Governments. The Governments are held accountable by us voting. Far from a perfect system but that is democracy. And if we elect a Government that makes mistakes, yes we pay. That is how it works.

I'm hearing Richmond v Adelaide are gearing up for the Friday night slot from Sydney. Looks like a Melbourne player was at one of the exposure sites so that game might be moved to another slot.

18 months later and we still don't have a national quarantine strategy, despite having national quarantine facilities.
This is ridiculous.
Yep. The not fit for purpose hotel quarantine system that the states have had to use is terrible

Had to laugh when Peter Dutton a few weeks ago said the immigration detention centre in Northam WA was full. How can that be with closed boarders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back