Vision 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 20, 2009
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Socceroos,FC Bayern,Lakers,FijiRU
Although we'd all love to clinch the cup next year.
For a bit of nostradamus action ill make some future calls.
Assuming we follow a steady growth path consistent with those of most premiership teams. We could see something looking like this
2011 6th-8th
2012 4th-6th
2013 2nd-4th
2014 1st-2nd
2015 1st
I've made a rough estimate of who our premiership team could consist of. Obviously there would be future draftees who would break into the squad and players who might have form drops.
It was hard guessing which of the older heads like Mundy Crowley and Schammer 30-31 and Bradley 29-30 would still be around but Ive put Pav in there,hopeful he could be lke a brad johnson. I had troubles with the full back so i assumed Michael Johnson would surivive till 30-31 and hold down a full back possie(hopefully we'll draft a superstar FB in the future etc)
Not sure about Sibosado, Bucovaz, Hall and Shepheard as yet. Tim Ruffles should be a solid player in the future as well but couldnt fit him in(might be a good depth problem to have:)).
Ive put Ages next to player names

Fremantle 2015
B: Justin Bollenhagen 24, Michael Johnson 31, Clancee Pearce 25
HB: Dylan Roberton 24, Paul Duffield 30, Greg Broughton 29
C: Stephen Hill, 25, Jesse Crichton 24, Anthony Morabito 24
HF: Garrick Ibbotson 27, Joel Houghton 24, Nathan Fyfe 24
F: Chris Mayne 27, Matthew Pavlich 34, Hayden Ballantyne 27
Foll: Zac Clarke 25, Rhys Palmer 27, Nic Suban 25
I/C: Matthew de Boer 25, Michael Walters 24, Clayton Hinkley 26, Jay VanBerlo 27

I have always felt that Pav would finish his last two years off the HBF like Darren Jarman did.

That would be a great location, but he'd still be pretty dangerous at FF at that age you would think.

That 2015 team pretty clearly demonstrated how badly we are up for talls. One ruckman, Pavlich the only reliable KPP but at 34 will be marginal, not talls on the i/c.

You don't think that maybe perhaps Houghton and Roberton might have developed in 5 years time to be "reliable" KPP's?

Also, by that stage I expect Fyfe to be our FF (190cm'ish with a great leap and strong mark) and Pav to be lurking around the HF line a la Ysaye's Jarman vision.

Where not going to pick up anymore draft picks in 5 years?

Seriosuly this is pratcially an impossile task to complete accurately.

Yeah it's impossible to tell but it's still fun to look ahead at what we've got already.

FB: Bucovaz Shepheard Pearce
HB: Duffield Roberton Broughton
C: Morabito Palmer Hill
HF: Mayne Houghton Ruffles
FF: Fyfe Sibosado Ballantyne

F: Clarke Suban Walters

INT: De Boer, Hall, Mundy, Schammer

EMG: Bollenhagen, Van Berlo, Crichton, Hinkley ???

Where not going to pick up anymore draft picks in 5 years?

Seriosuly this is pratcially an impossile task to complete accurately.

Very true. Given we probably only have half a dozen players who are even contracted through to 2012, I'd say that's about as far forward as you can look. Even then you'd be making a very, very, very rough guess. Our draftee's for the 2015 season haven't even started high school yet...

:) Its true Ive looked at the tea leaves in the bottom of my cup . With all the possible variables taken into consideration for that period I may as well go with this method. Yep 3 in a row right there in the leaves

Lipton?? Dilmah?? Bushell? Tetley??

f*** me, if that unlikely event happens there will be some massive, i mean massive payback going on here in BF...and in WA. Bring it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think that maybe perhaps Houghton and Roberton might have developed in 5 years time to be "reliable" KPP's?

Also, by that stage I expect Fyfe to be our FF (190cm'ish with a great leap and strong mark) and Pav to be lurking around the HF line a la Ysaye's Jarman vision.

Houghton and Roberton may have become reliable, but over the past 5 years, the only reliable KPP we have drafted and developed into anything much at all is Pavlich. Our failures are scars on our structure and include very high draft selections. What I am saying is that if Houghton and Roberton are the sum total of the eggs we have in the developing KPP basket, then I have minimal confidence in that succeeding.

But anyway, you only have Houghton as a KPP, Roberton and Fyfe you didn't have faith in and opted for Duff at CHB.

Ysaye's vision is Pavlich at HB, not HF.

Although we'd all love to clinch the cup next year.
For a bit of nostradamus action ill make some future calls.
Assuming we follow a steady growth path consistent with those of most premiership teams. We could see something looking like this
2011 6th-8th
2012 4th-6th
2013 2nd-4th
2014 1st-2nd
2015 1st

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

OMG, it hurts, how can laughing hurt so much yet feel so justified??

Thanks for that, I hope you don't mind if I pass this link on to some others, good comedy is hard to find.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

OMG, it hurts, how can laughing hurt so much yet feel so justified??

Thanks for that, I hope you don't mind if I pass this link on to some others, good comedy is hard to find.

Unfortunately d***heads like you aren't.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Omg, it hurts, how can laughing hurt so much yet feel so justified??

Thanks for that, i hope you don't mind if i pass this link on to some others, good comedy is hard to find.

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh man i shat myself loling!

Omgz!

Unfortunately d***heads like you aren't.

Nowhere near as common as a docker supporter talking up their teams chances during the off season.

Personally, I'd thought that after 15yrs of failure, talking up the dockers would be something that only occurred behind closed doors with other docker supporters. Not on an internet forum where you are open to justified ridicule by other supporters. :D

You guys will never learn. Which is all part of the fun really. :thumbsu:

Nowhere near as common as a docker supporter talking up their teams chances during the off season.

Personally, I'd thought that after 15yrs of failure, talking up the dockers would be something that only occurred behind closed doors with other docker supporters. Not on an internet forum where you are open to justified ridicule by other supporters. :D

Actually 14 years. Gosh, you look like a goose now

2012-2014 Premiers

yes I "believe it" I think your on the money. Notorius might be a bit nervous about this prophecy, and Notorius you may be right, but think their is a genuine case for being optimistic. This quad - and those who will jopin it in the next two-three years- will not be a one premiership team - it will be at least two given. That said - our future will be determined by injuries, and clever working of contracts and salary caps because of the quality of players in our side. :footy: Where's the cup icon ?

1 fan out of 40,000+..? Wut are you smoking dude?

This is trolling for the sake of trolling, go and live your live champ! Hopefully your imminent card encourages you to do so :thumbsu::)

If you include 1995 (first year in the AFL) up to 2009, it actually totals 15.

Nice work docker_chump.
Did'nt "ditto" come from Demi Moore when she was moulding a clay penis while thinkin of Patrick Swayze in "Ghost". They say ditto means "I love you" (google). Interesting choice of name 'ditto'

1 fan out of 40,000+..? Wut are you smoking dude?

This is trolling for the sake of trolling, go and live your live champ! Hopefully your imminent card encourages you to do so :thumbsu::)

I don't need a card to "live my live" (or was that meant to be live your life)?? I live my life away from BF (unlike youself Mr 3-posts-a-day), this is just good for shits and giggles. And you docker supporters are just too much fun, :thumbsu::thumbsu:.......

............................ for a pack of imbeciles.

Continue to enjoy your mediocrity. :D:D

Did'nt "ditto" come from Demi Moore when she was moulding a clay penis while thinkin of Patrick Swayze in "Ghost".

I'm fairly certain 'ditto' was a word loooonnnngggg before that movie.

However it's nice to see you pay attention to your favourite movies.

Anyway, since we're playing that game - isn't 'Father" another name for priest?? And don't priests have a rather sordid reputation?? Nice choice of name 'Father Harvs'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vision 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back