Game Day Vossy's Top Two Grand Final bound Blue Baggees vs Draft Pick Hoarders Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, Carlton making an injured player play on despite his discomfort :(

"Carlton’s tough win over North Melbourne has come at a cost, with a foot injury to sideline star ruckman Tom De Koning until the end of the home and away season.

The 25-year-old also received treatment for an internal injury suffered near the end of the tight match that put the Blues back into second spot on the ladder.

The club was still determining the length of time De Koning would be sidelined due to the injury, but industry sources close to the player, who preferred to remain anonymous until full details were revealed, confirmed the prognosis."

Not only have their adherence to concussion protocols been called into question after a debacle involving Harold McKay, but Tom DeKoning was made to play under duress despite suffering a foot injury early in the contest. Voss, of course, lied and
said the Blues followed the protocols.

This is what happens when clubs go through extensive flag droughts, they cut corners and put the health and safety of players at risk :(

For shame!

A nice freshen up for TDK and will be fit and firing for Finals. You beauty. Great man management.

Geelong fans worrying about concussion when they argued for Danger to get off his dirty tackle on Danger. Gross

Damn, Carlton making an injured player play on despite his discomfort :(

"Carlton’s tough win over North Melbourne has come at a cost, with a foot injury to sideline star ruckman Tom De Koning until the end of the home and away season.

The 25-year-old also received treatment for an internal injury suffered near the end of the tight match that put the Blues back into second spot on the ladder.

The club was still determining the length of time De Koning would be sidelined due to the injury, but industry sources close to the player, who preferred to remain anonymous until full details were revealed, confirmed the prognosis."

Injury troll

TDK in hospital with a punctured lung per mitch cleary

Would prefer to take the loss and the inevitable humiliation if it meant TDK's health was okay.

This will cost him possibly AA honours too (only ruckman this year I could say was arguably better is Grundy)

To say I am gutted is an understatement.

Also puncherd lungs are painful AF.

And yes I am annoyed at the club and the medical staff for letting him play on after suffering that foot injury early.

Irresponsible negligence and I am melting

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would prefer to take the loss and the inevitable humiliation if it meant TDK's health was okay.

This will cost him possibly AA honours too (only ruckman this year I could say was arguably better is Grundy)

To say I am gutted is an understatement.

Also puncherd lungs are painful AF.

And yes I am annoyed at the club and the medical staff for letting him play on after suffering that foot injury early.

Irresponsible negligence and I am melting

giphy.gif
it's disappointing that this is still happening in the sport tbh.

the AFL should really should bring in independent doctors that make the call instead of club doctors.

it's disappointing that this is still happening in the sport tbh.

the AFL should really should bring in independent doctors that make the call instead of club doctors.

One day a club and the league is going to be hit with a multi million dollar law suit. Notice Brad Sheppard is suing the Eagles and AFL for injuries he sustained in his club.

Winning games and flags is important, but nowhere near as a player's health and well being.

Hate admitting frggr was right, but he definitely was about TDK (and to lesser extent Harry) yesterday

The club's medics and Vossy dropped the ball and it pisses me off.

One day a club and the league is going to be hit with a multi million dollar law suit. Notice Brad Sheppard is suing the Eagles and AFL for injuries he sustained in his club.

Winning games and flags is important, but nowhere near as a player's health and well being.

Hate admitting frggr was right, but he definitely was about TDK (and to lesser extent Harry) yesterday

The club's medics and Vossy dropped the ball and it pisses me off.
it'll continue to happen until the AFL changes something. i'm not one to bang on about vicbias but i think it's extremely clear that the AFL will be less harsh on vic clubs in comparison to non vic clubs (think about poort last year with aliir and his concussion, there's been plenty of times that vic clubs have had something similar happen and no one bats an eye).

it'll continue to happen until the AFL changes something. i'm not one to bang on about vicbias but i think it's extremely clear that the AFL will be less harsh on vic clubs in comparison to non vic clubs (think about poort last year with aliir and his concussion, there's been plenty of times that vic clubs have had something similar happen and no one bats an eye).

We just copped a please explain letter from the AFL, along with the Crom and Lions I believe re Harry.

I definitely feel the Crows have a legit complaint about VicBias, that 4 week suspension to Rankine is such a miscarriage of justice, esp when sniper Maynard got let off from the MRP (again)

Classic Tanker priorities 🤦‍♂️
Yeah a passing comment in a fred is one thing but imagine starting a fred about it

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Vossy's Top Two Grand Final bound Blue Baggees vs Draft Pick Hoarders Norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back