Remove this Banner Ad

5. D. Kerr
4. B. Waters
3. D. Wirrpanda
2. B. Staker
1. B. McKinley

Unlucky Scotty Selwood, Priddis and Hunter

5. Kerr
4. Hurn (only player willing to run in the middle quarters and we always looked better when he did)
3. McKinley
2. Waters
1. Wirra (though he gave me a heart attack when he ran into Cox)

5. Wirrapanda
4 Priddis
3. McKinley
2 Staker
1 Hunter.

Had Kerr in the votes at first had a bit of it and his attack on the abll was great. But did nothing when he got the ball, turned it over, poor disposals.

Waters unlucky.

You should vote for the Glendinning medal! .... No, I am being serious... :rolleyes:

Can anyone seriously give Priddis 4 votes and then criticise Kerr's disposal?

When we had a chance from half way through the third quarter we were being driven by 2 blokes - Kerr & Waters - they got help from Staker & Hurn.

5. Kerr
4. Waters
3. Hunter
2. Staker
1. Choose any of Wirra/McKinley/Hurn/Cox

Honestly, Priddis tries hard, gets lots of the ball and would be a very good 4th or 5th banana to rest the good players and maintain pressure around the contest BUT he is no way a starting on-baller in a premiership threat (except maybe to cover for injury here and there).

He is a level below top quality and god knows he can't run or pass on the run. He is a slightly different variety of Shaun MacManus - easy to like but his weaknesses may outweigh his strengths - apologies for any offence caused just being a realist.

Honestly, Priddis tries hard, gets lots of the ball and would be a very good 4th or 5th banana to rest the good players and maintain pressure around the contest BUT he is no way a starting on-baller in a premiership threat (except maybe to cover for injury here and there).

He is a level below top quality and god knows he can't run or pass on the run. He is a slightly different variety of Shaun MacManus - easy to like but his weaknesses may outweigh his strengths - apologies for any offence caused just being a realist.
Disagree....mightnt be a Judd or Black but he rarely wastes it and his finishing on the run is and was very good today from where I was sitting.

Disagree....mightnt be a Judd or Black but he rarely wastes it and his finishing on the run is and was very good today from where I was sitting.

You were sitting at a different ground without TV then I presume?

He is a crab. A very good accumulator who's first option is a handball backwards.

Bizarrely, he is quite a good kick for goal.

I am not saying he shouldnt get a game. Just that him as an automatic first choice centre square player is a concession as to how far we have fallen in that area.

He wouldnt start in there in at least 50% of the other teams..which says a fair bit about where we are at.

He is a crab. A very good accumulator who's first option is a handball backwards.

I am not saying he shouldnt get a game. Just that him as an automatic first choice centre square player is a concession as to how far we have fallen in that area.

He wouldnt start in there in at least 50% of the other teams..which says a fair bit about where we are at.
No my seat at Subi doesnt have a TV...does yours? ;)

Thats your opinion and thats fine but Priddis IMO has been one of our best players this year and was at the end of 2007 as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No my seat at Subi doesnt have a TV...does yours? ;)

Thats your opinion and thats fine but Priddis IMO has been one of our best players this year and was at the end of 2007 as well.

So you can project forward to a day when he is the "second best" midfielder (i.e. starting in a non-tagging role in the centre square) in a premiership side?

Or are we now playing hard working, good blokes who lack top line talent in an attempt to emulate mediocre midfields "down the road"?

So you can project forward to a day when he is the "second best" midfielder (i.e. starting in a non-tagging role in the centre square) in a premiership side?

Or are we now playing hard working, good blokes who lack top line talent in an attempt to emulate mediocre midfields "down the road"?
Its unlikely we'll see a midfield of the quality of Judd/Cousins/Kerr for a looooong time......and, until we wait for our next group of guns to find their feet at AFL level, Priddis will do more than fine.

I dont think this very often of your posts, but that is just crap.

We would be in even more desperate trouble without Priddis' committment to the contest. Fourth in the comp for dispossals, sixth in the comp for tackles. If only Fletcher could learn something from him. How does someone like Fletcher come up with zero tackles for a game like that?

Anyway

5. McKinley
4. Wirra
3. Priddis
2. Staker
1. Waters

I dont think this very often of your posts, but that is just crap.

We would be in even more desperate trouble without Priddis' committment to the contest. Fourth in the comp for dispossals, sixth in the comp for tackles. If only Fletcher could learn something from him. How does someone like Fletcher come up with zero tackles for a game like that?

Anyway

5. McKinley
4. Wirra
3. Priddis
2. Staker
1. Waters

I am concerned that we are building a team around hard working players who either lack any flair or are too concerned about making mistakes to display the flair they may have.

Today we had a number of contests where our players didn't attack the ball in dispute because they were more concerned about their opponent than the ball. In other words we are playing reactive, negative football.

From that context, I see the developing of our midfield around a guy like Priddis as a negative. He gets the ball and then what? I am yet to see anyone really tag him (remember all the talk pre-season about how he would handle a tag?) - they dont tag him for a reason. He gets tons of ball, much of it contested, he gets plenty of clearances ... but no-one tags him... hmmmm....

I understand the earlier comment that he will "do better than fine" while our next generation finds their feet but seriously can't he just delay their development while simultaneously doing nothing to warrant a tag?

Hurn is dangerous in the middle, so is Waters, I remain unconvinced that he (Priddis) is a player who should be in the first 3 (starting centre square players) in the middle of a side with either (a) finals aspirations or (b) rebuilding aspirations.

I can see I am losing this battle with the board faithful and I hope I am wrong. When opposition coaches start saying "We've gotta tag Priddis, he's killing us" then I will know I'm wrong. When do you reckon that will be?

I am concerned that we are building a team around hard working players who either lack any flair or are too concerned about making mistakes to display the flair they may have.
I seem to remember Sydney won a premiership using this style not so long ago. What is so wrong about building a team around hard working players? They are the backbone of any team.

Who is currently on the list that would do a better job than Priddis?
Today we had a number of contests where our players didn't attack the ball in dispute because they were more concerned about their opponent than the ball. In other words we are playing reactive, negative football.
True, but how this is the fault of Priddis is beyond me. There are quite a few senoir players who were guilty of this, and they contributed far less than what Priddis did.
From that context, I see the developing of our midfield around a guy like Priddis as a negative. He gets the ball and then what? I am yet to see anyone really tag him (remember all the talk pre-season about how he would handle a tag?) - they dont tag him for a reason. He gets tons of ball, much of it contested, he gets plenty of clearances ... but no-one tags him... hmmmm....

I understand the earlier comment that he will "do better than fine" while our next generation finds their feet but seriously can't he just delay their development while simultaneously doing nothing to warrant a tag?

Hurn is dangerous in the middle, so is Waters, I remain unconvinced that he (Priddis) is a player who should be in the first 3 (starting centre square players) in the middle of a side with either (a) finals aspirations or (b) rebuilding aspirations.

I can see I am losing this battle with the board faithful and I hope I am wrong. When opposition coaches start saying "We've gotta tag Priddis, he's killing us" then I will know I'm wrong. When do you reckon that will be?
I think you are forgetting that Priddis is a veteran of all of 27 AFL games. He is developing himself, not holding back others from developing! He needs support from the older set of Embley, Fletcher, Braun, Stenglien, unfortunately it has not been forth coming so far this year.

Why pick on Priddis when there are many more who are far more deserving of your criticism than he is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes Rd 3 Vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back