Votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Darky

Just as my selection of King is being questioned, for the second week in a row I wonder why Rawlings is getting so many votes. Got a lot of uncontested possessions (many from the kickout), and continues to make howling blunders with his disposal, under little or no pressure.

Do not question the value of hard running in to space, Darky. This has been a trait we've not had in the past, particularly with the crash and bash style of our past coach. A lot of marks and uncontested possession indicates a fair work rate, and at the same time, Brady is not afraid to put himself on the line. Yes his disposal was off at times, but not as bad as last week, and conditions were a little tougher today.

3- Rawlings
2- Grant
1- Petrie - Can this boy mark/Robbins

Apologies to Stevo- He just keeps on Running, Wells- magic, Porter tried hard and did some good things Baird and Watt

3 - Grant
2 - Corey Jones
1 -King

I reckon King's last quarter kept us in the game.
more than wells' effort for the entire game (his errors nullfied his good points today in my opinion)
Makepeace looked to be seriously down on confidence today. his footskills are usually pretty damn good. today they would not have been described as such.
I think that today was Porter's best game for North Melbourne this year. Thought, as always, he gutsed it out and reckon he stopped White from possibly being a dominant force in the contest.
I was not sure that a place in the team still existed for david teague. in the end i thought he was close to taking my last vote from #34.

3. Grant
2. Rawlings
1. Watt

Watt was absolutely fantastic today, Ive bagged him in the past for playing behind, but today he played in front all day and the result was just 3 goals to Neitz and no influence.

Daniel Wells' 10 possessions were worth double. The amount of defensive work he does is quite phenominal.

Shane Clayton was his usual soft pathetic self. Got a bit of the ball, but recieved it all day. I counted at least 2 times when Bruce or Green had a snap at goal and he just watched. But then again thats all we've come to expect of him.

Also thought Porter held his own pretty well against White and Jolley.

Petrie was great too. Loved it when he threw Yze to the ground in the goalsquare in the 3rd quarter. In 2-3 years he'll be our most important player, if he isnt already.

Originally posted by blueworms

Petrie was great too. Loved it when he threw Yze to the ground in the goalsquare in the 3rd quarter. In 2-3 years he'll be our most important player, if he isnt already.
i'd forgotten about that! shame noone came in to cover him if it had gone any further, otherwise, i love seeing that side of his game develop a bit!

Uncle Leo thought King was ordinary up until 3 quarter time and yes he did have a good 4th quarter but he did not deserve 3 votes.

3. Grant
2. Petrie
1. Jones

Have now watched the replay on Fox. I just have to mention Arch and his unbelievable courage. Should not have returned after that clash, concussed and requiring 14 stitches for a deep cut under the chin. Delayed it until after the game. What an inspiration.

I thought that Porter played a much better game probably his best for the season. Clayton deserves a mention too for picking up possessions, not shirking any issue and being responsible in the second quarter for getting us going.

Sat amongst a number of Melbourne morons. Could have been part of their cheer squad. Weak b****rds, all got up and left (about 20 of them) when Wellsy kicked the last goal. There was still at least 4 minutes to go at that stage.

In my days as a Fitzroy supporter if I had have left whenever I thought we were gone, I wouldn't have had a clue what happened at the end of a game. :D

3 Grant

2 Petrie

1 Robbins

Sodding awful game to watch, from both sides.

Horace, did you catch Michael Roberts' comment just before the first bounce on the replay? For those who missed it, he was standing in front of the Members Stand, looked towards it and said that it looked a little empty. He'd heard that 10 out of 21 lifts were open at Mt Hotham and that's where all the Dees supporters are. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the Hippie. Beautiful comment too it was.

Its a shame about the snow just at the minute, only a smattering of cover, what are those Melbourne supporters going to do up there?

Perhaps they could spend some time and come up with something more menacing than "Go Dees". Come to think of it I'd be at the snow for the football season too if I had to shout out something as pathetic as "Go Dees".

Originally posted by Uncle_Leo
Uncle Leo thought King was ordinary up until 3 quarter time and yes he did have a good 4th quarter but he did not deserve 3 votes.

3 Grant (ordinary patches but the most influence over 4 quarters, and helped save it in the last)

2 Archer (if we had 21 others who played like him we'd be unstoppable. Clayton should be embarrassed to wear the same jumper)

1 King (sorry Uncle, King saved the game almost singlehandedly when his teammates were out on their feet, and that is worth a vote in my book)

Watt did a great job on Neitz, Robbins also useful, and Daniel Wells is a magician.

Originally posted by Hearts to hearts

Clayton should be embarrassed to wear the same jumper

Even when he plays well you still take a cheap shot.

we would be shat on each week if we had 22 Archers, we would be too slow and too small who would we get the ball out to?? It takes 22 footballers to win games of all shapes. And even people who don't always seem to attack the footy like Archer.

Originally posted by windsock
Do not question the value of hard running in to space, Darky. This has been a trait we've not had in the past, particularly with the crash and bash style of our past coach. A lot of marks and uncontested possession indicates a fair work rate, and at the same time, Brady is not afraid to put himself on the line. Yes his disposal was off at times, but not as bad as last week, and conditions were a little tougher today.

It's not that I don't value running into space, but if a bloke gets the ball in space he is not under sufficient pressure to justify turning it over as often as he has in the last two weeks - inexplicable unforced errors.

Just like last week, Brady improved in the second half but his disposal was a liability in the first.

Originally posted by Uncle_Leo

Fair enough, but then, that's why we all get the same opportunity to allocate 3-2-1.

After seeing a replay of most of the second half (late last night), I admit I'd probably change the order of my votes and give Grant 3, but would still give King and Porter the other two.

Robbins, Petrie and Archer could have fought Porter for the last vote, but I reckon Porter rucked tirelessly and along with Brown did well to plug holes in our defence, especially in front of Neitz.

Originally posted by The Hippie
Horace, did you catch Michael Roberts' comment just before the first bounce on the replay? For those who missed it, he was standing in front of the Members Stand, looked towards it and said that it looked a little empty.

But didn't those stands start to fill up and get noisy when Melbourne made their charge in the last quarter?

A couple of Roos goals later and the stands emptied out just as quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back