Remove this Banner Ad

3. grant
2. watt
1. petrie

Wrath

3. Grant
2. Petrie
1. Watt

Wells was beautiful to watch, Archer was fantastic, and Porter played his best game for the year.

Originally posted by Darky
I reckon Porter rucked tirelessly.
And after so many games where he's tired rucklessly, wasn't it a pleasure to see!

3. Grant (loving his footy, and I'm loving the footy in his hands)
2. Rawlings (how much imporved is he on last year!!!!)
1. Petrie (gun of mark, Morrel could learn a thing from his efforts)

Originally posted by DEVO

Clayton's efforts on Bruce in the second half went a long way towards our victory. Bruce tore us to ribbons in the first half.

Yes he did - I thought Clayton was on him in the first half. If Shane held Bruce in the second half I apologise for my shot earlier. At the ground I saw too many times Clayton hang back watching a Melbourne player grab the ball, including at least once in their forward 50 that resulted in a goal - I guess there were others who did the same but I thought most also did enough good things to make up for their lapses.

Originally posted by Melly017
Even when he plays well you still take a cheap shot.

we would be shat on each week if we had 22 Archers, we would be too slow and too small who would we get the ball out to?? It takes 22 footballers to win games of all shapes. And even people who don't always seem to attack the footy like Archer.

I don't usually criticise him and I didn't think it was a cheap shot - I don't like seeing a guy always hanging around waiting for someone else to do the hard work and get the ball to him. Simmo, Stevo, Robbins, Grant and guys like that can get the ball and go with it and they can also attack, tackle, hit the packs and hit the ground, to win the thing in the first place. I don't think Clayton does that generally, and I didn't see him do it yesterday. IMO he's not a skilful enough user of the ball to be a professional receiver either. If I missed his good work then I'm sorry (see my last reply).

btw I didn't say they all have to play like Archer, just play with the same commitment - like Wells spoiling then recovering to get the ball going forward and then kick a goal. You can be quick and tough too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. Grant
2. Watt
1. Rawlings.

It was very good to see Porter, Robbins, Teague all playing very well after having somewhat disappointing year.

Uncle Leo can see why Kingy is getting votes, he just couldn't understand how he could get 3 ahead of Grant.

Also one of the best games Porter has played for the club.

3 - Archer (Inspirational, tough, led by example)

2 - Grant (Only player to really use the ball well)

1 - Rawlings (Keeps getting better and better)

3. Grant - worked hard & used the ball well
2. Petrie - A real target with some great grabs & goals
1.Watt - keeps applying himself & kept Neitz out for most of the match.

Arch was inspirational esp in last 1/4
Rawlings worked really well on Johnston & got it plenty (disposal wasn't alway flash but he wasn't alone there)
Teague was good - as I expected when he finally got a game !
Robbins was pretty good in the clinches - cleared the ball out a lot.
Clayton & Porter both surprised with serviceable games in their own ways.
King was sensational in last 10-15 minutes & really stood up - before that I thought he was embarassingly bad.
Wells was breathtaking at times, his work in the 3 or 4 contests leading up to his last 1/4 goal were excellent.
Motlop worked hard & despite a few minor blemishes played well.

3 Grant got plenty of it and used it well.

2 Petrie was a real target and marked strongly all day. He really impressed me. Almost got my 3.

1 Jones set up a number of goals with some lovely kicks and got a couple himself as well. Top game from Corey.

Stevens worked hard around the packs.
Archer played pretty well for most of the day despite being KO'd .
Rawlings' kicking was the worst I have seen from him and that is pretty bad. Did get plenty of it though.
Watt did a top job on Neitz.
Teague was also very good.

The overall kicking was the worst for the year but the 3 players I gave votes to all used the ball well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back