Autopsy Wacky Wednesday.

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, good to see they've hammered VFL House for their poor practice and disproportionate response.

I would have liked to have seen them state that sanctions above and beyond those given out for on-field violent conduct, actual drug use, and actual DV are entirely out of order.

The thing is, now what?

This hits the AFL with a wet lettuce leaf, is that all they are going to do?

Can I ask what are your personal thoughts on this whole situation?
Personally I believe the players were denied any due process and were railroaded by a weak afl house looking to virtue signal.

A small fine for those going a bit too hard, if anything, and some further education would have been appropriate

Edit: let me add that this only applies as the event became ‘public’.
If it had remained private as it should have, nothing was wrong in my eyes.

Last edited:
Bottom line is we are heavily funded by the AFL and even though publicly, the statements put out aren't what people want, privately these same people are likely conflicted and just towing the line due to lack of other options. They have to appease sponsors and give the impression of not biting the hand that feeds us. It's shit, but it's just easier to accept the situation and move on. We get a look at some youngsters early on and assess who is putting their hand up for the freshly vacated spots in the 22.

Analysis by the ABC of the incident and possible adverse impact on our reputation as well as the relationship with the AFLW team

The Giants' male AFL players are on leave now, but when they return to the club and cross paths with the women in the organisation, one imagines they will do so with a considerable amount of shame and be forced to take part in some extremely difficult conversations.

The Giants have done a great job presenting a face to the world as an open and friendly football club.

They have an enormous job to restore that reputation.

Analysis by the ABC of the incident and possible adverse impact on our reputation as well as the relationship with the AFLW team

The Giants' male AFL players are on leave now, but when they return to the club and cross paths with the women in the organisation, one imagines they will do so with a considerable amount of shame and be forced to take part in some extremely difficult conversations.

The Giants have done a great job presenting a face to the world as an open and friendly football club.

They have an enormous job to restore that reputation.

While the AFL have gone massively over board with their reaction, the boys have given the Sydney NRL media and the VFL media a free hit with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wacky Wednesday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back