Wake me up when RIEWOLDTEMBER ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Plugger, you're a grade A moron, and it goes to show that you have NFI what you're talking about. :thumbsu: :D

You're just balancing on hope atm. Nothing more, nothing less. And you know this.

How pathetic. :eek:

/thread.

Cake, you support a team that got smashed in their first final in years by a team of pretenders that couldn't even beat Collingwood.

You have also just re-signed an Albino Freak as your coach with the tactical ability of a 3 yr old, who thinks you can win a final without a ruckman.

You sir, are the grade A moron.:thumbsu::D

No, just like our players I've moved on and am looking forward to 2010.

Anyway, you should all be worried that St Kilda didn't win a flag this year as we will now be even hungrier and more determined next year. Can't wait to give West Coke and all you other rabble clubs another flogging next year.:thumbsu:
916818geelongcelebrates.jpg

Moments later...

You flogs just can't leave this thread alone can you?

Laugh it up now because you won't be laughing at the end of Riewoldtember 2010 when we're basking in premiership glory.
BAHAHAHAHAHA! :D:thumbsu:
921158saintsshattered.jpg

Must have a short memory Seethus.:rolleyes:

garybomber.jpg

Just like your mob last year, we're going to be hellbent on revenge in 2010. I hope your hangover's not as bad as the Hawks was this year, as I'm looking forward to us getting one back on you in next year's GF. :thumbsu:

a team that got smashed in their first final in years by a team of pretenders that couldn't even beat Collingwood.

After being expected to finish bottom four in what was meant to be a "rebuilding" year, I am as proud as proud can be. :)

You were rewarded your 12th wooden spoon, 3 years after losing the 1997 Grand Final and it took you 12 years altogether to lose another. Despite having your best season/side ever on two occasions (with streaks to show for it). :thumbsdown:

In the mean time, Essendon have made the finals series 8 times, won it's 16th premiership (2nd since the inception of the AFL) and has only been out of finals contention for 4 seasons without winning a single wooden spoon. :thumbsu:

You have also just re-signed an Albino Freak as your coach with the tactical ability of a 3 yr old, who thinks you can win a final without a ruckman.

I don't think so. He's managed to turn Ryder into a quality ruckman when things came to push and shove. He's got the balls to cull maturity, inforce youth and stick to his policy. Hurley has proven to be a quality back (and a "perfect storm" to Chokewoldt) as well as a great forward when Knights moved him up the ground, resulting in 4 goals and 2 assists. :)

He understood that this year was not our year, regardless of making the finals, and decided to make the young ones work extra hard. This is no worry in the real scheme of things as Ryder + Hille sharing the ruck will have plenty of teams shitting themselves next year. :thumbsu:

You sir, are the grade A moron.:thumbsu::D

Bit rich coming from someone who created a thread like this...

You're trying way too hard, yet you fail just as much. :thumbsdown::D

ve7w35.jpg

Re: Welcome to RIEWOLDTEMBER

And undeserving of all three. Along with Varcoe, Stokes and Johnson, a passenger who can only deliver when the pressure's off. Chapman and Rooke carried your entire team to the flag yesterday. Being called a 'premiership player' really can be misleading.

And yet Mitchell is a premiership captain and Croad, Roughead and Franklin are all premiership players. Go figure.

Yeah because 28 is way too old to be a good player :rolleyes: You guys better look at delisting Glass, Cox & Kerr then too as they will all be 28 next year or close to it.

All you flogs were saying our premiership window was shut last year and were proved wrong. Looking forward to us proving you all wrong again next year as we go one step better.

Watch out for Riewoldtember 2010 folks, it's going to be a doozy.:thumbsu:

How were we proved wrong? Did I miss something or did St Kilda win the flag in a parallel universe?

How are you going to prove us wrong again next year when you didn't prove us wrong this year :confused:

After absolutely everything going right for the St Kilda Football Club this year and them still not being able to get over the line I'm tipping that a few of their players just won't have the heart to try and get up and do it again. It's just too tough.

Laugh it up now because you won't be laughing at the end of Riewoldtember 2010 when we're basking in premiership glory.

every team has that embarassing poster that just keeps putting the big foot in th big mouth. Saints posters are cringing. Plugga, where's all the support from your comrades?

You underestimate Ross Lyon, we have the ability to be a power club for at least the next decade. The majority of our best players will be around for the next 5 years or so and we still have the likes of McEvoy, Armitage, Geary, Lynch, Heyne and Stanley waiting in the wings.

Ross Lyon would be hoping the Saints go one step better next season, otherwise he might be out of a job this time next year, judging by the Saints' history.

Stan Alves - Coached the Saints to 2nd in 1997, 6th in 1998 - SACKED!
Grant Thomas - Coached the Saints to 3rd in 2004 and 2005, 8th in 2006 - SACKED!

I'd be ****ing bricks if I was Lyon.

How were we proved wrong? Did I miss something or did St Kilda win the flag in a parallel universe?

How are you going to prove us wrong again next year when you didn't prove us wrong this year :confused:

After absolutely everything going right for the St Kilda Football Club this year and them still not being able to get over the line I'm tipping that a few of their players just won't have the heart to try and get up and do it again. It's just too tough.
They had absolute shitkickers with the likes of McQualter, Geary, Eddy, Dempster, Dawson, Blake, Milne, et al who were just giving their absolute all for Lyon's gameplan and strict structures. All year they had their eye on the prize, devoting everything they did into limiting their shit qualities coming to the fore.

I highly doubt the above mentioned will have the mental strength to play 300% above themselves 2 years running.

Lyon was able to take away each player's own character/personality and played them as drones, just sticking to a gameplan. The discipline it takes to make shit blokes do that is quite high, and will not be repeated.

Predicting a big form slump from the Saints when those blokes realise they're not prepared to work so hard again when the final prize isn't even a certainty.

:eek:

They had absolute shitkickers with the likes of McQualter, Geary, Eddy, Dempster, Dawson, Blake, Milne, et al who were just giving their absolute all for Lyon's gameplan and strict structures. All year they had their eye on the prize, devoting everything they did into limiting their shit qualities coming to the fore.

I highly doubt the above mentioned will have the mental strength to play 300% above themselves 2 years running.

Lyon was able to take away each player's own character/personality and played them as drones, just sticking to a gameplan. The discipline it takes to make shit blokes do that is quite high, and will not be repeated.

Predicting a big form slump from the Saints when those blokes realise they're not prepared to work so hard again when the final prize isn't even a certainty.

Good post, in particular the bolded bit. I agree.

Go Devils.

St Kilda's premiership window:
huntersPoint48.jpg

Geelong's:
_Cat_Premiers_246a.jpg

It must really be hurting, knowing that your failure of a football club has failed once again in its best chance for a flag. I can hear the sobs as you pretend it doesn't mean anything to you. You should hang out with Finey, apparently no one has seen him outside his doona since his drunken exploits on Saturday Night :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the entire Geelong flog squad has arrived. Nothing like safety in numbers for you Handbaggers is there?

I said you were proved wrong about our premiership window being closed. Just because we didn't win a premiership doesn't change that. We were virtually one kick away from winning a flag so you can't say it isn't open.

The majority of you flogs were saying during the off season that we would slide down the ladder and many were even tipping us to miss finals altogether. Some geniuses even tipped us for the wooden spoon.

Premiership or not you flogs were all made to look foolish this year.

every team has that embarassing poster that just keeps putting the big foot in th big mouth. Saints posters are cringing. Plugga, where's all the support from your comrades?

I'm glad you can speak for other Saints posters. :rolleyes:

I guess with Geelong it's hard to pick out a single embarassing poster since you have so many. Most of which have made an appearance in this thread.

Speaking of embarassing Geelong posters. :rolleyes:

Why would Lyon not be able to do the same job with the same players next year? The fact we lost the GF should make them even more determined to match that same level or improve.

I'd be more worried about a form slump from the Cats. Now you have your two flags I can see your players getting complacent & lazy like the Hawks did this year. Harley will probably be retiring and I can see a few of your best players taking off for big bucks at the Gold Coast or elsewhere too.

The Handbaggers dynasty is all but over.

Speaking of embarassing Geelong posters. :rolleyes:

Why would Lyon not be able to do the same job with the same players next year? The fact we lost the GF should make them even more determined to match that same level or improve.

I'd be more worried about a form slump from the Cats. Now you have your two flags I can see your players getting complacent & lazy like the Hawks did this year. Harley will probably be retiring and I can see a few of your best players taking off for big bucks at the Gold Coast or elsewhere too.

The Handbaggers dynasty is all but over.
Nothing against Lyon, I rate him, albeit he does shit me with his droning, boring voice. But there's no doubting his influence.
My concern is with the playing group; he will be telling them all the right things to get them playing, once again, as robots, to limit their own spudness shining through on the field.
But in the back of all of the minnow players will be:
"Gee, this is tiring stuff, and it didn't even win us the 'unlosable flag'. **** it, it's not worth it."

Plus I could not give a **** what the boys do now; they won the 2 flags they deserved, any more from here is beyond a bonus.

Believe me when (if) your club breaks it's 40 odd year long drought you won't be too concerned with winning 3 out of 4.

What!! saints didnt win

but i could swear their supporters were saying they had it in the bag since round 10

Nothing against Lyon, I rate him, albeit he does shit me with his droning, boring voice. But there's no doubting his influence.
My concern is with the playing group; he will be telling them all the right things to get them playing, once again, as robots, to limit their own spudness shining through on the field.
But in the back of all of the minnow players will be:
"Gee, this is tiring stuff, and it didn't even win us the 'unlosable flag'. **** it, it's not worth it."

Plus I could not give a **** what the boys do now; they won the 2 flags they deserved, any more from here is beyond a bonus.

Believe me when (if) your club breaks it's 40 odd year long drought you won't be too concerned with winning 3 out of 4.

Like I said before, we were virtually a kick away from winning a flag so I can't see why the players would give up on our game plan now. If we had of kicked straight we would have won by 4 or 5 goals. So there's nothing wrong with the game plan, just the execution.

Can't see Geelong improving much next year so providing we can match the same level or improve we will be a big chance of winning a flag next year.

Like I said before, we were virtually a kick away from winning a flag so I can't see why the players would give up on our game plan now. If we had of kicked straight we would have won by 4 or 5 goals. So there's nothing wrong with the game plan, just the execution.

Can't see Geelong improving much next year so providing we can match the same level or improve we will be a big chance of winning a flag next year.
Just a big chance? What happened to:

Once again, nothing wrong with the gameplan, almost saw Milne, R Clarke, Blake, Dawson and many others premiership medalists; players whom no one could ever dream have becoming premiership medalists unless there were such solid structures in place.

I genuinely don't believe all those will be able to devote the mental energy required to do it back to back.

Talk all the shit you want, but even you can't deny how hard the road is to get to a GF, let alone win one. It's not like your players were on easy st and then stumbled at the last hurdle.

When those shitkickers think back to the amount of preseason they did, all the mind-numbingly boring sessions with Rossy teaching them the structures, they'll just think to themselves: "**** it. We play under an absolute cloak of fail at this club; something will come along to **** it up no matter how deep in September we go, just like bad kicking did in '09. Why bother then? Let's just cruise."

As soon as 2-3 drop their heads, the gameplan turns to shit.

Enjoy it.

If Geelong can overcome there case of GF Handbaggeritis that plagued them from '89 -'95, then surely we can overcome our premiership curse too.

Just a matter of when, not if.:thumbsu:

Can you point out to me the players from '89-'95 that are still going around?

Geelong has a 100% different side now, St Kilda will be going again next year with essentially the same list and all the mental scaring to go with it.

I'm loving Team Chemistry's work. It rings so true! Saintbots had their big chance and failed in a year where absolutly everything went their way and all of their recycled spuds played above themselves.

Still, looking forward to the Milne and Schneider cabaret act next year. Where there ever a pair that staged for more free kicks in a final?

I'm loving Team Chemistry's work. It rings so true! Saintbots had their big chance and failed in a year where absolutly everything went their way and all of their recycled spuds played above themselves.

Recycled spuds that played above themselves in almost every game of the season? Not a bad effort, maybe they aren't such bad players after all.

Still, looking forward to the Milne and Schneider cabaret act next year. Where there ever a pair that staged for more free kicks in a final

I would have said Didak & Davis, but that's only during the regular season. In finals they don't even get a kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wake me up when RIEWOLDTEMBER ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back