Wake me up when RIEWOLDTEMBER ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said before, we were virtually a kick away from winning a flag

Kick away?... you needed a kick to win it when Geelong gifted you that rushed behind, and yet you still choked and conceded another goal like idiots!

12 points was the margin. The game was over with 5 minutes to go. For shame.

Btw, it's been quite a long time since you've won a premiership, but here's a protip: in a Grand Final, no matter what the margin is, WINNING is what matters because it ain't easy. GEELONG are premiers because they did everything right while everything fell in place for you, you lost and therefore will never be remembered as far as 2009 is concerned. Do you think anyone gives a shit about your '97 team?... we all know how that side turned out. :rolleyes:

EVERYTHING went your way, EVERYTHING... and yet even with your best side/season ever, you STILL couldn't win it. Improvement is the last thing you should be looking forward to...

If we had of kicked straight we would have won by 4 or 5 goals.

Oh my. Resorting to heresay. How pathetic. I bet it's stinging real bad now, isn't it?

Okay, let's go by your analogy. If Essendon had kicked straight in the final qtr (particularly the last 5 minutes of the game) back in Round 20, Chokewoldt would never have gotten the opportunity to choke away like he did. Lovett's, McPhee's and Prismall's inaccuracies would have given us a 3+ goal win.

[YOUTUBE]hEu3byWjbG0[/YOUTUBE]

You really have NFI about Football. :thumbsdown:

Can't see Geelong improving much next year so providing we can match the same level or improve we will be a big chance of winning a flag next year.

Best season/side ever in the history of St Kilda... what's the outcome?

Just squeezing through in a prelim against a side with virtually no FL and making a mockery of yourself come Grand Final day.

I'd be pretty depressed if I...

1) Had everything go my way.

2) Did everything I could.

And still failed. Like this thread. :thumbsu:

HPIM0951.jpg

Kick away?... you needed a kick to win it when Geelong gifted you that rushed behind, and yet you still choked and conceded another goal like idiots!

12 points was the margin. The game was over with 5 minutes to go. For shame.

Btw, it's been quite a long time since you've won a premiership, but here's a protip: in a Grand Final, no matter what the margin is, WINNING is what matters because it ain't easy. GEELONG are premiers because they did everything right while everything fell in place for you, you lost and therefore will never be remembered as far as 2009 is concerned. Do you think anyone gives a shit about your '97 team?... we all know how that side turned out. :rolleyes:

EVERYTHING went your way, EVERYTHING... and yet even with your best side/season ever, you STILL couldn't win it. Improvement is the last thing you should be looking forward to...

Oh my. Resorting to heresay. How pathetic. I bet it's stinging real bad now, isn't it?

Okay, let's go by your analogy. If Essendon had kicked straight in the final qtr (particularly the last 5 minutes of the game) back in Round 20, Chokewoldt would never have gotten the opportunity to choke away like he did. Lovett's, McPhee's and Prismall's inaccuracies would have given us a 3+ goal win.

[youtube]hEu3byWjbG0[/youtube]

You really have NFI about Football. :thumbsdown:

Just squeezing through in a prelim against a side with virtually no FL and making a mockery of yourself come Grand Final day.

I endorse absolutely everything in this post!!
There was 5 mins to win the game after we hit the lead, and all the score they mustered was a RUSHED BEHIND!

If they were really the better team on the day, why not muster up more an effort when the game was really on the line!!

And yeah lulz, good luck with having as an injury free season next year, 'Ainters!:thumbsu:

:eek:

Would have thought '66 was our best season and it's debatable whether this is our best side. Even if it is, it will be just as good or better next year. Scary for all you also rans like Essenfail huh?

Don't see how we made a mockery of ourselves on GF day either, we may have lost a game we should've won but it was a great game decided in the last few mins. As the great Riewoldt said, we can hold our heads high and look each other in the eye knowing we tried our best. If you want a mockery then look at the Bummers embarrassing effort against Adelaide. Made a complete mockery of a finals match, was like watching a man kicking a dog.

Also your wrong about everything going our way. The wet weather didn't favour us at all in the GF, on a dry day both Riewoldt & Kosi would have dominated. The umpiring didn't go our way either, as per usual it favoured the Cats.

We didn't do everything we could either. We could have kicked all those gettable goals which would have given us a match winning lead. We could also have played Max Hudghton ahead of Raph Clarke, which probably would have prevented a couple of goals at least.

All in all, we still have a lot of upside and a premiership is there for the taking for us next year, providing we want it bad enough.

One of life's failures , defending a failed thread who supports the biggest failure of a club in AFL history. Makes sense really.

Looking forward to seeing this look on your West Coke rabble next year, after they get thrashed again by the so called 'biggest failure of a club in AFL history'. Hopefully we'll get the extra three points this time so we can rack up the ton.:thumbsu:

wbAFLwestcoast_wideweb__470x264,0.jpg

Would have thought '66 was our best season and it's debatable whether this is our best side. Even if it is, it will be just as good or better next year. Scary for all you also rans like Essenfail huh?

Don't see how we made a mockery of ourselves on GF day either, we may have lost a game we should've won but it was a great game decided in the last few mins. As the great Riewoldt said, we can hold our heads high and look each other in the eye knowing we tried our best. If you want a mockery then look at the Bummers embarrassing effort against Adelaide. Made a complete mockery of a finals match, was like watching a man kicking a dog.

Also your wrong about everything going our way. The wet weather didn't favour us at all in the GF, on a dry day both Riewoldt & Kosi would have dominated. The umpiring didn't go our way either, as per usual it favoured the Cats.

We didn't do everything we could either. We could have kicked all those gettable goals which would have given us a match winning lead. We could also have played Max Hudghton ahead of Raph Clarke, which probably would have prevented a couple of goals at least.

All in all, we still have a lot of upside and a premiership is there for the taking for us next year, providing we want it bad enough.

Looking forward to seeing this look on your West Coke rabble next year, after they get thrashed again by the so called 'biggest failure of a club in AFL history'. Hopefully we'll get the extra three points this time so we can rack up the ton.:thumbsu:

wbAFLwestcoast_wideweb__470x264,0.jpg

West Coast: Seasons in the VFL/AFL = 23 = 5GFs = 3 Premierships

St Kilda: Seasons in the VFL/AFL = 113 = 4GFs = 1 Premiership and 26 Wooden Spoons.

Picking on West Coast hahahahaha! Shows St. Blunder fans really do have to scrape the bottom of the barrel in their trolling don't they?
Shame they smash you in the premiership stakes as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and two of West Coast's premierships were against your pathetic GF handbagger sides of the '90's, so shouldn't really count. The other was a drug tainted one.
you just lost to another 'pathetic handbagger' side you moron.
For your sake, this thread might die someday, however we are all loving laughing at you trying to save face after your megafail. :eek:

Yeah and two of West Coast's premierships were against your pathetic GF handbagger sides of the '90's, so shouldn't really count. The other was a drug tainted one.
LUULLLLLZZZ!
So you're now claiming the closest you have ever been to a flag (minus the one you have; congrats on that btw) wouldn't have counted for anything even if you did win it?!
HAHA!
Shit! So what does that say about your rabble that they didn't win?!!?!?

West Coast: Seasons in the VFL/AFL = 23 = 5GFs = 3 Premierships

St Kilda: Seasons in the VFL/AFL = 113 = 4GFs = 1 Premiership and 26 Wooden Spoons.
That is a damning statistic!
Was aware of the premiership tally of course, but had no idea they have already had more cracks at a flag!!
St Blunda truly is a shitful club. Do yourself a favour and fold.

I've never said the '09 Geelong GF side was pathetic. Lucky maybe but not pathetic.

They're certainly a damn sight better than those handbagger GF sides of the '90's were.
How convenient: you pick and choose what years you get to call us handbaggers.

It's not fair; we never get to call you anything but shit for your entire 113 year history:(...ok maybe that's not quite right: 112 out of your 113 years then.

If it's so easy to beat us in Grand Finals, then how come you couldn't do it?

If we're so pathetic, what does that make you?

If it's so easy to beat us in Grand Finals, then how come you couldn't do it?

If we're so pathetic, what does that make you?

I thought I already answered that one. You must be as blind as Hawkins goal umpire mate.

I've never said the '09 Geelong GF side was pathetic. Lucky maybe but not pathetic.

They're certainly a damn sight better than those handbagger GF sides of the '90's were.

Would have thought '66 was our best season

Look how stupid you are. I'm an opposition supporter and even I know that was the biggest streak in St Kilda's history. Not to mention losing less than 3 games for the first time. For shame.

and it's debatable whether this is our best side. Even if it is, it will be just as good or better next year. Scary for all you also rans like Essenfail huh?

You should have taken your chances. All year, things went your way. Close games, injuries, ect;. I don't think you guys will be so lucky next year. Not only are you going to regret not winning the flag this year, out of all seasons... you're not even going to make it as minor premiers. :thumbsdown:

If you want a mockery then look at the Bummers embarrassing effort against Adelaide. Made a complete mockery of a finals match, was like watching a man kicking a dog.

Our young kids had no choice but to carry our depleted side all year. After being expected to finish bottom four in what was meant to be a "rebuilding" year, I am as proud as proud can be. :)

You were rewarded your 12th wooden spoon, 3 years after losing the 1997 Grand Final and it took you 12 years altogether to lose another. Despite having your best season/side ever on two occasions (with streaks to show for it). :thumbsdown:

In the mean time, Essendon have made the finals series 8 times, won it's 16th premiership (2nd since the inception of the AFL) and has only been out of finals contention for 4 seasons without winning a single wooden spoon. :thumbsu:

on a dry day both Riewoldt & Kosi would have dominated.

TRUE CHAMPIONS DOMINATE ALL THE TIME.

Chapman was able to break through your defense in such conditions, yet Chokewoldt made an idiot of himself. I'll tell you why Chokewoldt didn't "dominate"... HARRY TAYLOR! :D

- The wet weather didn't favour us at all in the GF

- The umpiring didn't go our way either, as per usual it favoured the Cats.

- We could have kicked all those gettable goals which would have given us a match winning lead.

- We could also have played Max Hudghton ahead of Raph Clarke, which probably would have prevented a couple of goals at least.

In short...

YOU SUCK.

1897, 1898, 1899, 1900, 1901, 1902, 1904, 1909, 1910, 1920, 1924, 1943, 1945, 1947, 1948, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1977, 1979, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 2000.

No. Plugger35. That's not your premiership tally. :rolleyes:

jzwc92.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Wake me up when RIEWOLDTEMBER ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back