Wake me up when RIEWOLDTEMBER ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

I expect Riewoldtember will be very similar this year except the GF will be played in fine conditions, Riewoldt will tear Taylor a new one kicking 10 goals. The matchwinner will be a Riewoldt kick after the siren that will glance the post but be paid a goal.

The Saints will celebrate their 2nd premiership and Geelong supporters will cry and sook about it all summer like they did after the 2008 GF.

You heard it here first.:thumbsu:
Here's what I think will happen - St Kilda will fail like they have been doing so masterfully for the last 100 or so years. They'll just make the 8.

Are you so stupid you don't know the definition of "if"?

You are the one who blamed Riewoldt's pasting in the GF on the weather if you remember correctly, giving to credit whatsoever to Taylor who by anyone else's standards had one of teeh best games of his career & flogged Riewoldt.

What was Taylors game time in the Grand Final?

Having watched Riewoldt a lot I consider him the best "Red Time" player in the AFL. His ability to run the oppositions backs into the ground and capitalise on it at the end of quarters is legendary. Geelongs depth of talent allowed Mackie to spell Taylor and prevent this from happening.

And the weather.
This flog is priceless :D

Here's a free tip for you saints - kick a ****ing goal in the last quarter if you want to win a grand final!

Well done!
I've been pointing that one out for months and have yet to see a SINGLE response from a Saints supporter about their inability to score a goal in the most important quarter of football in their club's history, let alone season 2009!! That's because deep down they know that when it came down to it, Geelong proved themselves to be, as Chappy always knew, the better side.
Premiership sides don't have scoreless quarters in a GF.
Ever....

Premiership sides don't have scoreless quarters in a GF.
Ever....

We didn't have any scoreless quarters. We actually scored 3 points in the last quarter, unfortunately for us none of them were paid a goal like Geelong's were.

This thread will end up being funny for another year now...cheers! :thumbsu:

Not sure why Collingwood supporters would find it funny when Riewoldt tore your team to shreds in the Qualifying Final with a matchwinning 5 goals.:thumbsu:

I expect Riewoldtember will be very similar this year except the GF will be played in fine conditions, Riewoldt will tear Taylor a new one kicking 10 goals. The matchwinner will be a Riewoldt kick after the siren that will glance the post but be paid a goal.

The Saints will celebrate their 2nd premiership and Geelong supporters will cry and sook about it all summer like they did after the 2008 GF.

I asked you what you think will happen, not for your wet dream involving riewoldt and friends :eek:

Will he bravely throw himself to the ground again this year??

I asked you what you think will happen, not for your wet dream involving riewoldt and friends :eek:

Yeah fair enough, it was probably a bit unrealistic. I actually think we'll flog Geelong by 10 goals in the GF rather than beat you by a solitary kick.

Will he bravely throw himself to the ground again this year??

If it gets us to another GF then I don't care what he does.

Yeah fair enough, it was probably a bit unrealistic. I actually think we'll flog Geelong by 10 goals in the GF rather than beat you by a solitary kick.
as one of my associates already clearly pointed out, your team megafailed in front of goal and couldnt even convert a goal in the last quarter.
to win by 10 goals you have to...wait for it... KICK GOALS!:eek:

We didn't have any scoreless quarters. We actually scored 3 points in the last quarter, unfortunately for us none of them were paid a goal like Geelong's were.

Not sure why Collingwood supporters would find it funny when Riewoldt tore your team to shreds in the Qualifying Final with a matchwinning 5 goals.:thumbsu:

Scoreless/goalless...whatever!
We also didn't get given any 12 point goals at half-time, so your point is wasted.
Expalin to me how a side that is GOAL LESS in the Final Quarter of a GF deserves to be Premiers.
You were 7 points up, kicking with the breeze on the back of a 20-2 win loss record and you failed to kick 1 solitary goal.
WE managed 3.
That's why WE won.

If it gets us to another GF then I don't care what he does.
It's only more false hope if you get in again. Yeah, St Kilda will flog us by 10 goals. Remind me, when was the last time St Fail beat Geelong in a final?

I'll field that one - NEVER.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also didn't get given any 12 point goals at half-time, so your point is wasted.
Expalin to me how a side that is GOAL LESS in the Final Quarter of a GF deserves to be Premiers.
You were 7 points up, kicking with the breeze on the back of a 20-2 win loss record and you failed to kick 1 solitary goal.
WE managed 3.
That's why WE won.

Not sure the breeze was much of a factor. It's normally a swirling breeze there that doesn't really favour either team.

Anyway we should have made more of our opportunities in the first half when we were dominating and had the game won by 3/4 time. Instead the last quarter turned into an arm wrestle and you were lucky enough to get in front when it counted. I'm sure we'll learn from it and be better next time.

Not sure the breeze was much of a factor. It's normally a swirling breeze there that doesn't really favour either team.

Anyway we should have made more of our opportunities in the first half when we were dominating and had the game won by 3/4 time. Instead the last quarter turned into an arm wrestle and you were lucky enough to get in front when it counted. I'm sure we'll learn from it and be better next time.
There's no luck in being the better team in the last quarter, which we were. As for dominating, I'd say you only really did that for about half the game. In the end when you subtract rushed behinds, we had more scoring shots.

Love this line...
Lucky enough to score 22 points to 3. That's 700% luckier than you in the last quarter when the game was in the balance and the Premiership was up for grabs.
You know in a 1500 metre race they don't give a medal to the guy leading at the 800 mark. You have to be in front at the end.
That's all that matters.
Has it occurred to you that we had the fresher legs in the last quarter because we managed our assets appropriately throughout the game?
Watch it again and see how Varcoe and Byrnes tear you to shreds with pace. How Corey extracts the ball time and time again. How Hawkins takes a mark (in the wet) and converts when he has to.
We stood up over 4 quarters. Not 2...not 3, but 4.

As we all know from history, premierships are won by great key forwards and as we enter this years finals race there is only one great key forward on everyones lips, one man who holds the destiny of the Premiership Cup in his hands. Yes, the stage is now set for that brilliant, brave St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt to take the finals by storm and lead his mighty Saints warriors to the promised land.

Ahahaha. No wonder you are so angry and pissed off.

Lesson #1: Stkilda wins spoons, not cups.
Lesson #2: Riewoldt is neither a champion nor brave.
Lesson #3: Stkilda will never win an AFL premiership.

Stkilda should have their AFL license revoked. They are an embarrassment to the league and their supporters even more so.

witsend, I'm pretty sure the weather turned even nastier in the last quarter which mean Riewoldt was even less of a factor through absolutely no fault of his own.

Geelong were just lucky that mother nature dragged you over the line, right plugger35?

witsend, I'm pretty sure the weather turned even nastier in the last quarter which mean Riewoldt was even less of a factor through absolutely no fault of his own.

Geelong were just lucky that mother nature dragged you over the line, right plugger35?
The ironic thing is, it cleared up in the last quarter.

WE managed 3.
That's why WE won.

So you Bradburied a win when the opposition collapsed?

Nope. Conditions improved.
Anyway. Let's bust open this weather myth once and for all.
Geelong play fast, open, play-on at all costs, attacking footy with high possession counts.
St Kilda play dour, pack-forming, ultra-defensive low-tempo footy.
Which side do you think would be favoured by rain?
The conditions may not have helped key marking forwards like Riewoldt/Kosi/Mooney/Hawkins but they sure as hell favoured the game plan of St.Kilda.
If it had been sunny I suspect we would have beat the living bejesus out of them.
Ultimately it was our pace in the last quarter that turned the match.
A factor greatly advantaged by fair conditions.
Also, our KFs outperformed their KFs.
All played in the same weather.
A bad workman blames his tools...

Love this line...
Lucky enough to score 22 points to 3. That's 700% luckier than you in the last quarter when the game was in the balance and the Premiership was up for grabs.
You know in a 1500 metre race they don't give a medal to the guy leading at the 800 mark. You have to be in front at the end.
That's all that matters.
Has it occurred to you that we had the fresher legs in the last quarter because we managed our assets appropriately throughout the game?
Watch it again and see how Varcoe and Byrnes tear you to shreds with pace. How Corey extracts the ball time and time again. How Hawkins takes a mark (in the wet) and converts when he has to.
We stood up over 4 quarters. Not 2...not 3, but 4.

We had a few injuries in that last quarter which didn't help us either. Goddard was playing with a broken nose & collarbone, Raph Clarke had a calf problem and Riewoldt's knee was troubling him. That has nothing to do with bad management just bad luck.

Ahahaha. No wonder you are so angry and pissed off.

Lesson #1: Stkilda wins spoons, not cups.
Lesson #2: Riewoldt is neither a champion nor brave.
Lesson #3: Stkilda will never win an AFL premiership.

Stkilda should have their AFL license revoked. They are an embarrassment to the league and their supporters even more so.

4-or-5-Magicians.jpg

Quite right, I'm glad I've finally convinced you that the weather helped Geelong nullify Riewoldt and win the game. :thumbsu:

With any luck we'll get to play them on a fine day next time, I'll back Riewoldt to kick ten goals on Taylor if that happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wake me up when RIEWOLDTEMBER ends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back