Wallace: Coach in 2010 and beyond?

Remove this Banner Ad

You can say what you want about terry wallace's time at the RFC, But i dont regret it one bit.

We wouldn't have seen Coughlan play again if it wasn't for him, and in my opinion our list is in far better shape than it was when he first walked into punt rd- still a very young list aswell.

This season we can only blame our players!! Terry coached our team into winable positions against Geelong, Sydney and port...We lost those games Because our player simpley didn't want to dig hard enough. If we had won those games things would be differant. The situation this year with cousins and cotch haven't help our causes either.

Fair enough Wallace has made mistakes, but what coash doesn't??

The media is joke!!! and alot of you should be ashamed that you have been so influenced by it.

Exactly. It amazes me what short memories and how dumb so many people can be. It's so frustrating trying to explain things to them. It doesn't sink into their head. I've experienced more failure and the least amount of success than pretty much anyoone in here and I don't want to go through another year of crap. Once we have 1 more cleanout, next year our list will have the most talent it has had for 30 years. It will be almost dud free for the first time in 3 decades. Terry has built this list and he has a game plan for success. But people are just too thick to realise you need the best 22 on the ground playing regularly. We've had alot of important players missing this year and we've been forced to play the last remaining duds in and out of the team. The funniest thing I hear is that Frawley had a better record so he must be better lol. Wallace shits on Frawley. He's turned over 35 players in 4 years and you will struggle to make finals in your first 3 or 4 years at that rate. So many kids and such little leadership. People don't think about this. They just go blank and say we haven't made finals yet, we are 1-7. Don't compare us to the Hawks either. They had several more quality 23 year olds than us 4 years ago and they have a much different history since 1982 hence the wouldn't be afraid to finish last like we would be. I'm sure the morons will win, they are in the majority. I know if Wallace had a full list next year with the last cleanout, he'd get huge results. But a new coach with the same situation will take another 2 years to get the same result while teaching a whole new game plan, learning all the strengths and weaknesses of every player. We'll be putting up with good players not playing because the coach won't realise their potential for a while. Terry is almost at the point of knowing every single thing though. :eek:

Hi Guys,

First post on here, I've been watching this situation unfold from afar and I've got to say I havent liked it for the past 5 years. Not one bit.

From what I have seen, Terry has had a plan for everything, plans are fantastic, but without he proper execution, the right processes it's nothing more than a hollow plan. Personally I feel Terry would be better suited to managing a footy department, ala Chris Connolly.

We have seen no list development, no spirit and a general sense of melancholy seems to have permeated throughout every division of the club.

Terry outlined a plan each year offering a number of KPI's has he hit any of those? I work in the business world. Surely AFL footy is business nowadays, each club is worth about 30 million. Imagine a CEO missing each of his predictions, last long? I think not.

The only decison Terry has had a say in that has been beneficial to the club is the signing of Ben Cousins. From a playing perspective, perhaps but is there any real evidence of this? We've won one game and for all the talk of the wisdom he will hand down to our youngsters we are yet to see it. From a business perspective, gold. His financial input has been excellent, perhaps the football department can use these excess funds to find some quality talent scouts.

I've heard alot about Deledio being told by Cousins to take the game on more like Judd. Somethings gone wrong, he's not listening or perhaps he is being played out of place?

Who's fault is that, Wallace's or Brett's. We've all seen the damage he can do inside the forward fifty, he has a wonderful pair of hands, has pace off the mark and is a good set shot. Am I missing something?

START HIM OUT OF THE SQUARE.

We havent seen him consistently perform from the middle, he just doesnt seem to be a pure midfielder, when he moves forward of the ball he looks so much more comfortable.

My next issue. 5 years. He's been at the club 5 years. Richo was what 29 when he got there? Now forgive me as I indulge, but wouldnt any reasonable man/coach recognise this and think to themselves how will we manage post Richo? Has anything been done, we've taken one true CHF option in drafts since his arrival and that is the pickup of steamer.

Where's the forward planning?

Which brings me to my next point. Wallace clearly overrated the list upon arrival. After two seasons he realised just how wrong he was. Did he embark on a player cleanout, no top-ups, gap fillers and an unwillingess to focus on the development of youth.

Why we took Kent Kingsley, I'll never know. Why we have taken a midget who misses his targets in Macmahon is beyond me. Morton for a second round pick. Jeremy Humm, Graham as a FB?

Another issue which bothers me is the gameplan. Terry seems intent on implenting a gameplan which revolves around short targets and smaller quicker players.

Can anyone tell me which teams, bar the highly skilled Port side of 04 have managed to pull this off? Anyone? The slightest application of pressure, one link breaks and it's all over.

Tackling? We are weak in this area, considering we turn the ball over so much should this not be a strength?

There is just no facet of our club that has improved since his arrival?

I challenge any supporter to highlight how he has turned this club around other than cleaning the shit from the roof.

A coaches role is not simply to stick magnets on a board, it's to develop talent, instill confidence and manage a list wisely. Of these functions, can anyone honestly say he has suceeded?

I understand the concern in regards to rocking the boat one more time, this fear that constant change breeds nothing but more failure.

But to keep him on rewards failure.

It's time for Terry to go, it would be much better for all involved if he were to jump rather than be pushed. I just hope he's man enough.

So nearly 3/4's of us want Wallace gone yet we are all tearing into the players for voicing their opinion on another thread?

"Bomber" Thompson missed the 8 in his 7th year and won the flag in his 8th and will probably win it in his 10th
Keep him, as demonstrated by Geelong, these things take time!!!!
They were also makiing the finals in the years before around season 4,5,6. Not at the bottom of the ladder, can not even compare the two

So nearly 3/4's of us want Wallace gone yet we are all tearing into the players for voicing their opinion on another thread?
Not at all ..

What Terry Wallace "allegedly" said to MM was ridiculously out of line and he should have been sacked on the spot

TW is a man who`s expiry date has clearly expired and we ... the members ... have to continue to sit back and watch the charade continue .

I , for one , am very happy that the players said enough is enough ... cannot believe though that the board has not done the same

Not at all ..

What Terry Wallace "allegedly" said to MM was ridiculously out of line and he should have been sacked on the spot

TW is a man who`s expiry date has clearly expired and we ... the members ... have to continue to sit back and watch the charade continue .

I , for one , am very happy that the players said enough is enough ... cannot believe though that the board has not done the same

Agreed. I think the it's a welcome change that the players have grown a pair and have done what the board hasnt. Put the hard word on the coach.

Not all have been sucked in by this cunning loser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallace: Coach in 2010 and beyond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back