GoYouBlues

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2005
Vermont, Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Houdini was the greatest escape artist of the 20th century. I reckond Richmond's Terry Wallace now holds the title. With all the coaching sackings and resignations which started with Daniher, how did he manage to slip under the radar and escape a mauling from the media?

If Richmond are as poor in 2008 as they were this year, when do you reckon it will be before the media and the knives come out? About round 7 I reckon.

Houdini was the greatest escape artist of the 20th century. I reckond Richmond's Terry Wallace now holds the title. With all the coaching sackings and resignations which started with Daniher, how did he manage to slip under the radar and escape a mauling from the media?

If Richmond are as poor in 2008 as they were this year, when do you reckon it will be before the media and the knives come out? About round 7 I reckon.

what? what did he do? did he disappear up his own a***?!

Wallace is a joke of a coach...Trading on the fact that he got the Bulldogs to two prelims ten years ago.

Kind of a good fit really. Richmond are a big name who have not done anything since the early 80s....

Wallace is a joke of a coach...Trading on the fact that he got the Bulldogs to two prelims ten years ago.

Kind of a good fit really. Richmond are a big name who have not done anything since the early 80s....

too right, mate... i mean, does anybody at Richmond (the club that is) seem to care that they have been the worst performers since the onset of the AFL competition? with the recruitment of McMahon, i still wonder...

Seems the Richmond seed is spreading...Essendon = Next Richmond. Off to a good start in recruiting Knights

you are absolutely correct again, my friend... the Knights selection is laughable. any serious football club would recruit successful people in football (and in life) as their coach - like Matthews, for example. but nooooo, not essendon on this occasion....

you are absolutely correct again, my friend... the Knights selection is laughable. any serious football club would recruit successful people in football (and in life) as their coach - like Matthews, for example. but nooooo, not essendon on this occasion....

THis from Wikipedia:

Knights was quickly recruited as assistant coach for the SANFL Port Adelaide Magpies and replaced Stephen Williams as head coach the following year. Having played a major role in restructuring the club's playing list, but without having reached the finals, he resigned at the end of 2004 by mutual consent to coach the Bendigo Bombers in the VFL, while also acting as a development coach with the Essendon Football Club in the AFL. On September 27, 2007, Melbourne radio station SEN 1116 reported that Knights would become Essendon's head coach for the 2008 season on a 3 year contract, replacing Kevin Sheedy. This was confirmed in a media release by the Essendon Football club the same afternoon.

This coach wasn't able to do anything with the mighty SANFL magpies. Can't see him getting Essendon out of the bottom 4.

At least Wallace doesn't sleep around with his players partners....
Geelong supporters should keep their opinions to themselves.

THis from Wikipedia:

Knights was quickly recruited as assistant coach for the SANFL Port Adelaide Magpies and replaced Stephen Williams as head coach the following year. Having played a major role in restructuring the club's playing list, but without having reached the finals, he resigned at the end of 2004 by mutual consent to coach the Bendigo Bombers in the VFL, while also acting as a development coach with the Essendon Football Club in the AFL. On September 27, 2007, Melbourne radio station SEN 1116 reported that Knights would become Essendon's head coach for the 2008 season on a 3 year contract, replacing Kevin Sheedy. This was confirmed in a media release by the Essendon Football club the same afternoon.

This coach wasn't able to do anything with the mighty SANFL magpies. Can't see him getting Essendon out of the bottom 4.

Brett Ratten 0-6

Wait till next year before you start bagging other coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THis from Wikipedia:

Well almost he managed to put the club back about 10 years :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallace Performed a Houdini

Remove this Banner Ad

Back