Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Good luck with that Wallace...

From www.http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/74804/default.aspx

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace has backed his Tigers to go head to head with the lightning-quick Bulldogs and come away with a win on Monday.

While he admits facing the Dogs on the quick surface at the Docklands is no easy task, Wallace promised he would not be trying to strangle the contest.

"Obviously they're a very good side, a top-four side from last year, and in excellent form in the first two rounds. It's a difficult assignment, but we managed to grind out a draw with them last year, so we'll go into the game and take them on," Wallace said ahead of a light training session at Punt Road Oval on Sunday.

"We rate our own leg speed. It's an area that we really believe we're strong in ourselves, so from that aspect we're prepared to take them on."

But will your boys be able to move the ball as quickly and as accurately as we can wallet?

Highly Doubtful

Cooney-Tuck think cooney is a little bit fast Terry

Griffen against-Jackson mmmmmmmmm is a bit fast for him Terry

Morriss on Brown mmmm again woops

Picken on Foley mmmm again woops

Delolio on Addison again about break even

Tambling on Harbrow mmmm think H has him as well?

Eaglton on White think even eagle will take him on?

Now who takes Hill and Aker because again I think we have that under control.

Terry will play into our hands if he goes head to head thats why he wont!!Its a bluff

Terry will play into our hands if he goes head to head thats why he wont!!Its a bluff
Being sarcastic? :S

Being sarcastic? :S
You'd hope so.
Foley is one of the quickest blokes in the league, as is Deledio. Addison may be courageous, but he isn't renowned for being a super sprinter.
And White ripped it up last year running through the middle. Don't think Eagle can take him.
It's understandable to be confident, but you still need to respect the opposition.

Are you that ignorant ? Deledio would own him

Ultra where coming for you!!!!!!

West Coast are like the bye LOL

Deledio is the most over rated player in our game!!!

He does not win games --Cooney Griffen

A guy ilke Dangerfield for Adelaide 18 is already better than him!

Addison has massive speed you must no your players guys and what they can do?

Lake is 7th quickest at the club over 30 metres

and a nother thing ultra you should be still in mourning after that joke of a effort your club put in!Fremantle will smash you!

Our leg speed isn't that quick though, its our game style thats quick.

Look at our line up, nobody really stands out as being exceptionally fast except for Harbrow.

Cooney and Griffen can turn it on when they need to, and Johnson, Gilbee, Williams, Hill, Akermanis, Hargrave, Callan, Lake and Morris are all pacy. But after that we aren't that quick. We even have some very slow players like Cross, Giansiracusa and Minson.

Its more the quick ball use and the constant running that are our strengths, as well as our skills.

and a nother thing ultra you should be still in mourning after that joke of a effort your club put in!Fremantle will smash you!

overrated or not he is one of the quickest players in the game which is the whole point. This should be obvious to anyone who knows anything about footy, he won the sprint comp in the year he competed, he burnt off chris judd when he was at the peak of his powers (check it out on youtube if you dont believe me)

No charge for the footy history lesson there mate.

So Dangerfield is better than Deledio? Go create that on the polls board and see what response you get from neutral supporters. :thumbsu:

Richmond do actually have some very quick players and there has been some silly bias shown by some of the comments here. But speed means nothing when you actually have to kick/handball the ball under pressure eventually and that is where the Tigers will fall down if we keep the pressure up on their backline - just like Freo in round one. Richmond actually did run away from us quite a lot in last year's lucky draw so I wouldn't be too cocky about dismissing Wallace's comments. Still expect a comfortable win because of the skill difference between the two sides.

HAHA, needed that laught today! thanks mate.

Richmond do have some pacy players and a pretty good midfield that is capable of playing very good footy when allowed to. However when pressured they lack composure and they turn the ball over far too easily, and as we saw against Carlton it can get ugly if that pressure is sustained. If we get that part of our game right the rest will happen, if not the Tiges will give us a rude shock tommorow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what it's worth I think Deledio is fine player and still is developing to say he is overrated is a joke! He's also one of the fastest players playing the game right now. I'm not sure if any of our boys could beat him in a race.

Richmond got a great pick there :thumbsu:

I really do hope Richmond try and play this way. It suits us more than it does them. Either way I still think this is going to be a close one. Hope there is a good crowd, looking forward to it!

you silly boys speed on the field is not a 100 metre sprint race if it was Patrick Jonson would be on the wing for the dogs today.
Speed over the first 10 metres is more important ever put on boots?
Del is a good player just very overated because he does not win games for his club!!

by the way Gia is fast over 20 and so are most of the 6 who you said where slow.

Anyway smash them dogs and retire Terry for good!

And bring on the bye next week(Eagles) lol

G-Mo get a back bone!

How could you think this will be close on what grounds?

Percentage my boy this is our time.

you silly boys speed on the field is not a 100 metre sprint race if it was Patrick Jonson would be on the wing for the dogs today.
Speed over the first 10 metres is more important ever put on boots?
Del is a good player just very overated because he does not win games for his club!!

by the way Gia is fast over 20 and so are most of the 6 who you said where slow.

Anyway smash them dogs and retire Terry for good!

And bring on the bye next week(Eagles) lol

Confidence is a good thing. Cockiness bordering on stupidity is another thing altogether.

Fact#1: Richmond are a quick side. What they lack is skill to go with the speed.

Fact#2: Bulldogs have good pace but it is their ball movement and disposal skills that give them the advantage.

Anyone who thinks Gia is fast, even over the first 20m, is dellusional. His pace is adequate at best.

Bulldogs should win today but as others have already said, the key will be the pressure we put on the young tigers. Let them run and we will be embarrassed. Put enough pressure on them and watch the turnovers.

Bulldogs should win today but as others have already said, the key will be the pressure we put on the young tigers. Let them run and we will be embarrassed. Put anough pressure on them and watch the turnovers.

Spot on. The Tigers have a lot to prove and whilst we should win I can't see it being by a big margin. The Tigers can play a lot better than they have displayed so far.

G-Mo get a back bone!

How could you think this will be close on what grounds?

Percentage my boy this is our time.

It is only Round 3 and there is still a lot of unknown about a lot of teams including our own. I've watched a lot of Richmond/Bulldogs games ove rthe years and most of them are reasonably close and usually can go either way regardless of ladder positioning of either sides.

I do hope you're right though. :eek:

Are you that ignorant ? Deledio would own him

I guess that answers the question, ignorant it is.

Bulldogs supporters still have a looser mentality that flows through the club like a germ!

Man up dont make excuses If we loose to Richmond we shouldnt make the eight -for god sake you fools put your balls on the line we should thrash them!

Time to man up and not sit on the fence week?

Bulldogs supporters still have a looser mentality that flows through the club like a germ!

Man up dont make excuses If we loose to Richmond we shouldnt make the eight -for god sake you fools put your balls on the line we should thrash them!

Time to man up and not sit on the fence week?

Just relax young Slater. It is only round 2. Still 20 plus weeks to go.

BTW, I have done a quick spelling and punctuation correction on your last post :)

Bulldogs supporters still have a loser mentality that flows through the club like a germ!

Man up. Don't make excuses. If we lose to Richmond then we shouldn't make the eight.For god sake you fools: put your balls on the line.We should thrash them!

It is time to man up and not sit on the fence this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back